What did you do today?

• 4 months later...
23 hours ago, LegoAddict42 said:

Going to Brickworld Chicago!! Second year we’ve made and this time without the wife rushing my son and through.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Hope you enjoyed it - I’m heading there today.  A tip for next year - Sunday is much quieter and less busy than Saturday.  You can spend more time at each model and chat with the designers without feeling as rushed or pressed by the crowds.

Hope you enjoyed it - I’m heading there today.  A tip for next year - Sunday is much quieter and less busy than Saturday.  You can spend more time at each model and chat with the designers without feeling as rushed or pressed by the crowds.

Yeah. We went last year on Sunday but got there late and had only 1:45 to look. You’re right it was quieter and less crowded but my daughter petered out after about 30 minutes and then the whining started...

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app
  • Like 1

Today I am going back to work after an 11 day family vacation.  This morning I am still trying to work up the courage to open my work email inbox. 

We rented a motorhome, and drove to Yellowstone National Park where we stayed for 4 nights, then to Custer State Park in South Dakota for three nights.  It was a great trip, and a first of it's type for my wife and kids.  I'd been to Yellowstone twice as a youth, but never as an adult.  So many natural wonders to see in the park, and an amazing amount of wildlife. 

And now, reality calls......

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, rpaulson7 said:

Today I am going back to work after an 11 day family vacation.  This morning I am still trying to work up the courage to open my work email inbox. 

We rented a motorhome, and drove to Yellowstone National Park where we stayed for 4 nights, then to Custer State Park in South Dakota for three nights.  It was a great trip, and a first of it's type for my wife and kids.  I'd been to Yellowstone twice as a youth, but never as an adult.  So many natural wonders to see in the park, and an amazing amount of wildlife. 

And yet you have the time to check in here .. open that inbox folder. Vacay over ? 

2 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

And yet you have the time to check in here .. open that inbox folder. Vacay over ? 

"Time" is not the issue - I purposely have no meetings today.  "Courage" is the key.  I think I got rid of most of the junk already, now on to the real work.  Have a great day everyone!

Oh, and need to get two orders packed and shipped to people who bought while I was on vacation and didn't mind the shipping delay.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rpaulson7 said:

what kind of motorhome?

We have a family of 3 so I was thinking of renting those motorhome-Vans that seem much more manageable...I drive a minivan most of the time anyway. 

22 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

what kind of motorhome?

We have a family of 3 so I was thinking of renting those motorhome-Vans that seem much more manageable...I drive a minivan most of the time anyway. 

A 32-foot Thor Freedom Elite.  It was roomy enough for the four of us, "sleeps 8" but with all our stuff 5 would have been a tough fit.

I like the looks of the Mercedes Sprinter chassis units.  Some have one slide out and some two.  Seems like it would be good for a family of three.  And yes, much more agile. 

Are you considering Yellowstone?  If so, I'll shoot you a link to my trip report.

1 minute ago, rpaulson7 said:

A 32-foot Thor Freedom Elite.  It was roomy enough for the four of us, "sleeps 8" but with all our stuff 5 would have been a tough fit.

I like the looks of the Mercedes Sprinter chassis units.  Some have one slide out and some two.  Seems like it would be good for a family of three.  And yes, much more agile. 

Are you considering Yellowstone?  If so, I'll shoot you a link to my trip report.

cool...yeah, it's gotta be yellowstone...I've also wanted to see the Tetons live ever since seeing it on a postcard when I was young.

We'd be driving from Ca so it's a doable distance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yesterday my family and I went to BrickFair at Chantilly, VA.  What an awesome day!  Our favorite family activity was definitely bingo and we were fortunate enough to win an exclusive towel, and two polybags, Slave I and a Kingdoms one.

I went to see classic space, pirate and castle sets and got my fill and more.  I talked to one of the space sets designers and asked him where he got his hard to find pieces.  Some of the yellow trans-clear windows came from Batman movie sets, and I wonder why I did not think of that!

IMG_20190803_131503820.jpg

The schooner is a dream of mine, but out of my budget and I drooled over the castle sets with their original boxes.  The Guarded Inn is a fan favorite.  I found out the castle sets are a combination from childhood, yard sales and estate sales. 

IMG_20190803_142434024.jpg

IMG_20190803_142734275.jpg

IMG_20190803_142746879.jpg

IMG_20190803_100851413.jpg

Edited by LegoWalker4
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, LegoWalker4 said:

I helped smooshed an Elsa minifigure for a grandmother for her granddaughter.  Sometimes our talents are useful not only for our own endeavors, but to help others. She was very appreciative and I explained how I knew it was Elsa.  :) 

That's awesome. I love doing the same when I'm at Target or some other store and I see some kid trying to find a specific figure. I've done it for adults too! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LegoWalker4 said:

I helped smooshed an Elsa minifigure for a grandmother for her granddaughter.  Sometimes our talents are useful not only for our own endeavors, but to help others. She was very appreciative and I explained how I knew it was Elsa.  :) 

2 hours ago, oneknightr said:

That's awesome. I love doing the same when I'm at Target or some other store and I see some kid trying to find a specific figure. I've done it for adults too! 

not all heroes wear capes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Just remember - the last time I smooshed at Kohl's, Loss Prevention came by to chat me up on what the hell I was doing.

That happened to me but with a sales clerk. She walked up to me with anger in her eyes thinking she was cathcing me in the act of stealing things. Granted, smooshing does sound like I'm opening the packs. After I explained it to her, her anger turned to puzzlement. 

• Like 3

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 12:34 PM, LegoWalker4 said:

Temperature?

• Haha 2