10240 - UCS: Red Five X-wing Starfighter

Mos_Eisley

How many 10240 X-Wing sets do you own?  

336 members have voted

1. 1. How many 10240 X-Wing sets do you own?

• 2 to 5
    • 6 to 10
    • 11+
    • ZERO

This poll is closed to new votes

What are everyone's thoughts on the potential for this one? Personally, I find the piece count low for a high priced UCS model, but that's just me and I don't have a ton of interest in ship models. I would imagine most collectors don't care and this one will probably do very well as its an iconic original trilogy ship, agree/disagree?

If this goes very quickly I can see it at 450 at the end of the year because of the movie. The movie would be the only reason and it will make Star Wars fans go wild. On R2, SSD, this one and more...

If the X wing was a VW it would be a Golf and the B wing a Jetta. Which one can everyone recognize?

I agree that 300 will be an attainable short term gain but 500 is very optimistic due to remakes. Perhaps 350-400 range is more realistic. Always happy to be proved wrong, though.

If the X wing was a VW it would be a Golf and the B wing a Jetta. Which one can everyone recognize?

I agree that 300 will be an attainable short term gain but 500 is very optimistic due to remakes. Perhaps 350-400 range is more realistic. Always happy to be proved wrong, though.

The Jetta is still pretty well recognized. I'd say the B-wing is more like a Phaeton or something :P I agree with the sentiment though that the B-wing is not iconic and I've always thought it was just plain stupid and ugly.

that is ambitious

Bold Arrow it is bold. :)

Look at Santa's Workshop and lack of supply and prices and selling them at $150 each.

Combine that with Star Wars 7, Christmas and Lego inability to keep up with demand.

I think this provides for the perfect storm and for a period of time everything Lego Star Wars will have massive appreciation for a few months.

Just a Bold Guess...

• Like 1

2 mint red5s from target, 21R3.

i have 10 now and none have a 2014 seal.

scouted lego store red5s last time i went and all they had were R3's as well.

all signs point to EOL except that target hasn't boosted the price to 140% msrp (yet).

my opinion is that this set has been a sales stinker and will disappear sometime first half of this year, though it has been doing well on target the last week and is #2 SW lego set when sorting by best seller so the hoarding has begun in earnest.

obviously i'm bullish on this set and any Star Wars set that appears in New Hope or Empire Strikes Back.  

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

I do not speak in certainties but it will follow the path of other recently "retired" exclusives and should go over $300 overnight and probably settle around 375 for a few months.  At that point, we will see whether the force is strong with this remake :)

Edit to add: A massive clearance of this set renders this opinion null and void.  Also, it's no SSD.

Edited by redghostx

I'm in Minneapolis this week for work so decided to swing by the Mall of America LEGO store.  I was really surprised when I looked at the seals on the one Red 5 that was on the shelf.  I can't remember if it was 43R4 or 47R4 - it was something in the mid 40's for week - but to see it have a fairly recent code was very surprising.  The few that I've picked up from TRU and Amazon have all been from 2013.

I've been reading up on the red five lately in an attempt to motivate myself to stock up but I just can't get over the 57,000 sales rank on amazon. By comparison the town hall is selling for twice as much and still has an 18,000 sales rank. This set is going to need an extremely strong push from the new star wars trilogy to make it worthwhile imo.

I've been reading up on the red five lately in an attempt to motivate myself to stock up but I just can't get over the 57,000 sales rank on amazon. By comparison the town hall is selling for twice as much and still has an 18,000 sales rank. This set is going to need an extremely strong push from the new star wars trilogy to make it worthwhile imo.

Been reading up to. I think k it cold be another b wing or could be a huge hit. I don't see a middle ground in this one. 300ish or 550 either or within 12 monthes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

You may want to check sales rank of TH before June 2014, lol...

• Like 1

I'm in Minneapolis this week for work so decided to swing by the Mall of America LEGO store.  I was really surprised when I looked at the seals on the one Red 5 that was on the shelf.  I can't remember if it was 43R4 or 47R4 - it was something in the mid 40's for week - but to see it have a fairly recent code was very surprising.  The few that I've picked up from TRU and Amazon have all been from 2013.

My local Lego store has tons of Red 5 and they all show 43R4.

Three words - triple camel...

Got it. Thanks! Never noticed the "Sales Rank" tab.

BTW, from the Tripple Camel chart it looks like Town Hall's sales rank during 2014 (but before being sold out) was around 100,000. 

Edited by legone