10240 - UCS: Red Five X-wing Starfighter

Mos_Eisley

How many 10240 X-Wing sets do you own?  

336 members have voted

1. 1. How many 10240 X-Wing sets do you own?

• 2 to 5
    • 6 to 10
    • 11+
    • ZERO

This poll is closed to new votes

43R4 seal on the shelf tonight, right in front of all the usual R3 seals. Peculiar... I have been fairly certain this fighter was flying under the radar straight toward eol.

My best guess is that the specific store has not received any new ones for a while, and they began to run low on stock recently and ordered a new batch.

Anyone remember if 10240 used to be limit 5 at LEGO Shop at Home, or was it always limit 2?

I believe it was a limit of 5 still this past summer.  It will be out 2 years come May 2015, so I wouldn't be surprised if it "retires" around then.  The set always seems to be at the bottom of the list when you sort by "best selling" at places like Target and TRU, if those indicators mean anything.

• Like 1

Slave I UCS is coming out on Jan. 1 2015 for $199.99 and there is a rumored TIE fighter UCS model for the May the 4th Lego Star Wars celebration.  Just my opinion, but I think Lego views those as replacements for the X-wing.  The X-wing could very well last until the end of 2015, though, and officially retire at the beginning of 2016.

Slave I UCS is coming out on Jan. 1 2015 for $199.99 and there is a rumored TIE fighter UCS model for the May the 4th Lego Star Wars celebration. Just my opinion, but I think Lego views those as replacements for the X-wing. The X-wing could very well last until the end of 2015, though, and officially retire at the beginning of 2016.

If this is true about an UCS TIE fighter, I may just have to buy three TIEs to put on display because we all know it's three TIEs to one X-wing in battle!