10240 - UCS: Red Five X-wing Starfighter

Mos_Eisley

How many 10240 X-Wing sets do you own?  

336 members have voted

1. 1. How many 10240 X-Wing sets do you own?

• 2 to 5
    • 6 to 10
    • 11+
    • ZERO

This poll is closed to new votes

so all SW sets that aren't exactly the ones in the new sega will go EOL sooner than later?  this isn't your typical set like the last MF, X-Wing, and Tie-Fighter.  UCS sets are different and aren't refreshed as often as typical sets that every store sells.

Is this the version that will be in the new saga? If it isn

My logic is

Amazon and Walmart have been out of stock a long time.

Target is getting ready to go out of stock.

It does not sell that well right now and Lego is retiring things that do not sell well quicker (arctic supply plane is confirmed retired after 6 months, town hall out of order)

Ed thinks it is retiring but is not saying he is right

I think it is gone but I may be wrong

I don't get the only new movies will be allowed to be sets thing that people keep bringing up. Why? There hasn't been an OT movie since 1983 and they have been producing toys from the OT non-stop. Including lego sets. They released an AT-AT last year. How could they do that. That wasn't in the new Rebels show or any of the other shows. Don't they know that confuses consumers?

UCS R2D2 flew a long time ago and I think it was a 2012 model, right?

In that thread, at first I said it was going nowhere. I was wrong and admit to it.

This one is showing similar signs and I will say again - why put it in the sale if it is gonna stay for another year?

It will be interesting to see how long it stays in stock if and when the next batch comes. Perhaps the boat has already been missed and there wil be another mad dash

I have no idea why people make comments like this set sells doesn't sell well. Nobody here really knows.

In fact, it's prob the opposite as the sales seem to exceed what Lego mgt predicted (inventory-wise). It is sold-out at 2 of 5 retailers.

The last set we honestly know that did not sell well at MSRP was 10227 because it was heavily discounted during it's final 6 month (even more so than other sets during that era when exclusives were discounted).

• Like 2

LEGO Shop at Home sent it's second "it might be a little longer" email for one I ordered after Christmas. Not sure what that contributes to the conversation as it's only anecdotal evidence. My gut tells me this one's days are numbered but not to buy many of it

if your gut says it is going, why only not buy many of it (ignoring your financial situation as it's none of our biz)?  the set is going to be a winner and it's ceiling is still pretty high (the original UCS version) and let's not forget the shorter retail life if people think it's on a 2 year cycle.   it's also the 1st or 2nd highest profile vehicle in star wars.

I agree that this along with SOH and EEE on the Europe sale is meaningful.

I think these are all the major ones that are not retired from the list

My thoughts on not selling well is this at Amazon

#35,112 in Toys & Games

But then again that is a guess

Check out the sales ranking for 10224 Town Hall last year.  DREADFUL.

http://camelcamelcamel.com/LEGO-Creator-10224-Town-Hall/product/B007Q72ZA8?context=browse

It's an interesting metric, but it isn't a perfect post-EOL predictor.  Heck, if anything, the worse an item sells, the fewer there are in the marketplace.  And the rarer it is, the better for us.

I think we will know more on May 4 when it may get the B-Wing 50% off treatment in the USA.

If they release another UCS X-Wing based on the new movie I cannot see them having both on the shelves at the same time.

I don't see it making it to May 4th with the horde having it in it's sights now. Anny shortage is used as proof that it is eol and justification for more hoarding. Which causes more shortages and is then seen as further proof and justification. Chicken or egg is irrelevant at this point, just give me a massive stack of both.

Such is Lego "investing" in 2015.

Edited by mscheaf

I think we will know more on May 4 when it may get the B-Wing 50% off treatment in the USA.

Don't hold your breath.  This set is still OOS and I'm sure LEGO knows once the signs of retirement are there, they will have no problem blowing these out at MSRP to resellers.

• Like 1

I don't see it making it to May 4th with the horde having it in it's sights now. Anny shortage is used as proof that it is eol and justification for more hoarding. Which causes more shortages and is then seen as further proof and justification. Chicken or egg is irrelevant at this point, just give me a massive stack of both.

As one of our or the resident expert on Star Wars on BP what do you think of this set as a Star Wars fan and not a Brickpicker member?

S @ H making a set 50% off on 5/4 and S @ H actually having them in stock on 5/4 are 2 completely different things.  

• Like 4

I have no idea why people make comments like this set sells doesn't sell well. Nobody here really knows.

In fact, it's prob the opposite as the sales seem to exceed what Lego mgt predicted (inventory-wise). It is sold-out at 2 of 5 retailers.

The last set we honestly know that did not sell well at MSRP was 10227 because it was heavily discounted during it's final 6 month (even more so than other sets during that era when exclusives were discounted).

the fact that most picked up in multiple LEGO B&M stores in different states by myself still have 11R3 and some 27R3 codes stocked seems it might not be flying off the shelves

Not 100% system but you don't see that often on sets they are continually selling and being restocked. 

They could always produce more anyways with a sales spike like they are seeing now (like ToO did)

I didn't make the particular comment on this set but just my take on what you can interpret from what you see in the stores

As one of our or the resident expert on Star Wars on BP what do you think of this set as a Star Wars fan and not a Brickpicker member?

I love it and think it looks great built. The box is awful and makes it seem like a slightly bigger 9493. But the model itself it beautiful. Haven't built one yet, but I will.