Star Wars 2016

fossilrock

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 0:42 PM, jonnyhanukkah said:

Got these 3 babies at my Toys R Us before the 20%off expires. Wanted to feel like a *baller*

They didn't have Encounter on Jakku, sadly. I didn't want the clone tank.

This just screams: QUICK FLIP!

23 minutes ago, Phil B said:

This just screams: QUICK FLIP!

haha i didn't have time to see what I could make for these... just wanted to get these for myself at the 20% off.  I guess I can wait until June 1 for Encounter on Jakku and get it from the Lego store with the freebie fountain

Edit: Prices on eBay don't really warrant a quick flip.  These should be widely available in the next couple of days I gather

Edited by jonnyhanukkah
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

haha i didn't have time to see what I could make for these... just wanted to get these for myself at the 20% off.  I guess I can wait until June 1 for Encounter on Jakku and get it from the Lego store with the freebie fountain

Edit: Prices on eBay don't really warrant a quick flip.  These should be widely available in the next couple of days I gather

I'll be getting all of those, at least one of each, the first time I can TRUTH them too.  That Vader Tie and A-Wing set is high on the cool (nerd) factor for me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

The TRU in Portsmouth/Newington, NH had all of the above (save 75157): I confirmed at lunch. 150 and 151 will probably be my faves, but I picked up the C-3P0 polybags, instead.

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

I'll be getting all of those, at least one of each, the first time I can TRUTH them too.  That Vader Tie and A-Wing set is high on the cool (nerd) factor for me.

I'm in for a Vader Tie/A-Wing and a Resistance X-Wing, next TRUTH (and hopefully another 20% coupon) return.

• Like 1

I'm thinking that they made a mistake with distribution. They should have mixed some of those $24.99 sets with these and split up the higher priced sets. Sure, there's plenty of people who will go out and dump hundreds of dollars at a time on their collection, but a lot of people would rather space them out.

On 22/05/2016 at 11:28 PM, glostik said:

how come the new sets arent listed on the SAH website with a release date?

LEGO is slow with adding these new sets to their LEGO Shop at Home sites. But I'm sure that before June 1 they will be listed and for ready purchase on Just 1st.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

nice looking stuff but... even well-known SW prop collectors think the prices are insane.  well, at least the ones i've spoken with yesterday.  most of them post on rebelscum.com.  anyway, that vader helmet is a beauty but it will cost over $4k shipped to my doorstep.  that is insane.  it should be priced no more than $2k.

nevertheless, SW stuff has been selling for N times their "value" of late.  e.g. $1k-$2k MOC kenner figs have sold for $4k in many occasions.  heck, i can only imagine how much my vintage kenner prototype stuff would sell for.    getting back to topic, that Vader piece will sell-out quickly because there are still fanatics that "need" items like that.

4 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

nice looking stuff but... even well-known SW prop collectors think the prices are insane.  well, at least the ones i've spoken with yesterday.  most of them post on rebelscum.com.  anyway, that vader helmet is a beauty but it will cost over $4k shipped to my doorstep.  that is insane.  it should be priced no more than $2k.

nevertheless, SW stuff has been selling for N times their "value" of late.  e.g. $1k-$2k MOC kenner figs have sold for $4k in many occasions.  heck, i can only imagine how much my vintage kenner prototype stuff would sell for.    getting back to topic, that Vader piece will sell-out quickly because there are still fanatics that "need" items like that.

The melted Vader helmet?  I have serious questions about a persons humanity if they want that?

7 minutes ago, giannini78 said:

So now that the September line up has been leaked, with the exception of the Death Star have we seen all of the 2016 releases now?

Will there be another event for SW Lego like the May 4th weekend?

it's Force Friday in September. All of the Rogue One toys will be street dated the same day. There may or may not be a promo. Some stores will likely do a midnight madness.

• 2 weeks later...
On June 10, 2016 at 1:38 AM, thoroakenfelder said:

it's Force Friday in September. All of the Rogue One toys will be street dated the same day. There may or may not be a promo. Some stores will likely do a midnight madness.

Yep, the night of September 29th is when you want to camp out for an hour or so. Then on September 30th, 2016th at 12:00 am, the rush begins.  Judging from my experience last year and from what I gathered on this site, the lego sets were easy peasy to land that day, it was the 3.75" and 6" figures that went instantly.  In fact, on lego.com here in the US those sets were available the next day well into the morning, and I believe into the evening.  Then some of them went backordered for a little bit, but you could land them pretty easily from then on out. 

This year, i'm planning on getting the U-wing and AT-ST on opening night.  I'll probably work on getting the rest later as points and holiday discounts come into play.

4 hours ago, fossilrock said:

Yep, the night of September 29th is when you want to camp out for an hour or so. Then on September 30th, 2016th at 12:00 am, the rush begins.  Judging from my experience last year and from what I gathered on this site, the lego sets were easy peasy to land that day, it was the 3.75" and 6" figures that went instantly.  In fact, on lego.com here in the US those sets were available the next day well into the morning, and I believe into the evening.  Then some of them went backordered for a little bit, but you could land them pretty easily from then on out. 

This year, i'm planning on getting the U-wing and AT-ST on opening night.  I'll probably work on getting the rest later as points and holiday discounts come into play.

I think that the pop vinyl also sold fast.