Star Wars 2016

fossilrock

1 hour ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Maybe they're holding back the snowspeeder re-releasing 75054 under this number so they stand a better chance of actually selling AoH lol

Funny you should mention that... Amazon.co.uk had the AT_AT available (at the inflated price of 109 GBP) yesterday, available May 7th. Not a third party, this was official from Amazon. Out of stock now (I didn't bother getting any at that price).

15 hours ago, Battrax said:

Funny you should mention that... Amazon.co.uk had the AT_AT available (at the inflated price of 109 GBP) yesterday, available May 7th. Not a third party, this was official from Amazon. Out of stock now (I didn't bother getting any at that price).

£109 was standard UK retail pricing. 

I am just getting back into Lego and a fan of Stars from many years ago, although I would not classify myself as a super fan. I will probably end up getting this set because I think it would look good in a setting next to the Ewok Village (buying May the 4th promotion). Part of me thinks that Lego may continue with this sub theme and we may see a different scene set next year.

Again I am fairly new to Lego so I could just be talking out my A$$. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, cubfan78 said:

I am just getting back into Lego and a fan of Stars from many years ago, although I would not classify myself as a super fan. I will probably end up getting this set because I think it would look good in a setting next to the Ewok Village (buying May the 4th promotion). Part of me thinks that Lego may continue with this sub theme and we may see a different scene set next year.

Again I am fairly new to Lego so I could just be talking out my A$$. 

Which set are you referencing?

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 8:10 AM, LahH001 said:

I hope that this is just a wind up. If this is the at st then this is a major major let down. Looks more like Ed 209.

That's a bootleg. The masks for the troopers are not correct, and the logo is blurred out, likely to hide the fact is says STAR WARZ

• Like 3

Here's the details for the Rogue One sets.  The smallest set which I believe is the ATST is 385 pieces and priced at 29.99. 

http://www.groovebricks.com/lego-star-wars-rogue-one-set-pricing-piece-counts/

Regular Sets:

• 75152 – 385 pcs, $29.99/€39.99
  • 75153 – 449 pcs, $39.99/€49.99
  • 75154 – 543 pcs, $69.99/€69.99
  • 75155 – 659 pcs, $79.99/€79.99
  • 75156 – 863 pcs, $89.99/€99.99
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, citymorgue said:

I don't care what set the rathtar is in, I'm going to buy a few because it will be bad ass next to my MF.  

The arm pieces resemble the tail from Smaug, but yeah... they got to release that!  They also need to put out that Bantha they showed in a video last year...

On 4-5-2016 at 4:01 PM, fossilrock said:

Here's the details for the Rogue One sets.  The smallest set which I believe is the ATST is 385 pieces and priced at 29.99. 

http://www.groovebricks.com/lego-star-wars-rogue-one-set-pricing-piece-counts/

Regular Sets:

• 75152 – 385 pcs, $29.99/€39.99
  • 75153 – 449 pcs, $39.99/€49.99
  • 75154 – 543 pcs, $69.99/€69.99
  • 75155 – 659 pcs, $79.99/€79.99
  • 75156 – 863 pcs, $89.99/€99.99

Prices of the first two seem disproportionate to the rest. The price per piece for those two is very low for a SW set:

75152: 0.078$/piece

75153: 0.089$/piece

75154: 0.128$/piece

75155: 0.121$/piece

75156: 0.104$/piece

75154 is 100 pieces more than 75153 but it costs nearly twice as much.

50 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

Prices of the first two seem disproportionate to the rest. The price per piece for those two is very low for a SW set:

75152: 0.078$/piece

75153: 0.089$/piece

75154: 0.128$/piece

75155: 0.121$/piece

75156: 0.104$/piece

75154 is 100 pieces more than 75153 but it costs nearly twice as much.

You're over thinking things, without knowing what the sets are, or how many minifigures there are,  the piece count is pretty meaningless.

I don't get why people get so hung up on piece count anyway. Look at Tower Bridge, it has a huge piece count, but a quarter of the pieces are the tiny cheese wedges, so the piece count for that really doesn't compare to other sets.

15 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

You're over thinking things, without knowing what the sets are, or how many minifigures there are,  the piece count is pretty meaningless.

I don't get why people get so hung up on piece count anyway. Look at Tower Bridge, it has a huge piece count, but a quarter of the pieces are the tiny cheese wedges, so the piece count for that really doesn't compare to other sets.

You're right that this doesn't take into acount how large the pieces are and how many minifigures are included. I'm just comparing it to TFA sets and it seems significantly lower. I think the average is about 0.12$ so 0.078$ seems very low. Unless these sets all contain smaller pieces and less minifigures, it looks to me like you're getting a better deal.

As for TB, I think most people agree that it is sort of an exception. The price per piece is a lot lower than other creator expert sets because of the cheese wedges.

Edited by c_rpg