Star Wars 2016

fossilrock

Read on a french site today, the upcoming sets for winter of 2016...

• Microfighters Series 3 - 4 are from rebels, and 2 are from Ep7
  • 2 new Force Awakens sets "Battle on Takodana" and the Pirate Transport
  • 2 new Battle packs from the Force Awakens
  • 2 Battlepacks from Battlefront Game
  • 6 of those Construction Figures
  • 4 Old Trilogy Sets (Hoth Attack, Bespin Carbon Freezing Chamber (YEAH), Droid Escape Pod, ROTS Obi Wan Jedi Interceptor).

• Like 3

Battlefront battle packs - should be some great troop builders!  I can't wait for the game.  I'm going to buy an Xbox One now that this game is coming out.

Seconded on that Bespin Carbon Freezing Chamber!  Hopefully a new Lando and Bespin Guard or two are present.  

Droid Escape Pod, huh?  I better sell my handful of Droid Escape 9490.

Obi-wan Interceptor - I really like this vehicle and wonder if we'll be getting the red or blue version.

• 4 Old Trilogy Sets (Hoth Attack, Bespin Carbon Freezing Chamber (YEAH), Droid Escape Pod, ROTS Obi Wan Jedi Interceptor).

Sounds awesome! I'm especially thrilled by the idea of battlefront sets. But then again: How trustworthy is this information?

Bespin carbon freezing chamber!!!!  Can someone stick me in carbonite and then thaw me out for the release of that one - not sure I can wait till 2016.  Please let this info be for real.

• Like 1

I'm always up to see more Microfighters as those have been great for characters and parts to boot. Strange to see another Droid Escape marking this the third one or second redesign released. Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor is nice but how many times has that one come out?

I'm always up to see more Microfighters as those have been great for characters and parts to boot. Strange to see another Droid Escape marking this the third one or second redesign released. Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor is nice but how many times has that one come out?

This is the fourth Jedi Interceptor. (Nope, sorry I was thinking of the fourth Sith Inliltrator).

Edited by JosephMali

Have to say I am slightly surprised that they're releasing a Hoth Attack set if the rumors of an upcoming Hoth UCS set are true.  Would have thought those sets might be a bit too similar... unless it is a UCS AT-AT in the works then bring it on :0

could make that argument either way, though a hoth UCS and standard would compliment each other better than at-at UCS with the current one.  But they did UCS and standard X-wing at the same time so no reason to believe standard sets influence the UCS that much.

Have to say I am slightly surprised that they're releasing a Hoth Attack set if the rumors of an upcoming Hoth UCS set are true.  Would have thought those sets might be a bit too similar... unless it is a UCS AT-AT in the works then bring it on :0

Hoth Attack will likely just be something like a turret, snow bank and some minifigs. Totally different price point and, as mentioned, can be sold as an add-on to the UCS Hoth set.

I am absolutely thrilled by the idea of Rebels Microfights. I just hope we get Hera as the figure and not a male centric or even Chopper. I wonder how close it will be to the SDCC version that was out last year.

My guess is it will be pretty similar.

In my opinion, the best of the bunch is the Carbonite set.  Will it have boba?  vader?  lando?  It's got to have some Ugnauts, which I don't think were ever made.   I hope they load it, and it's in the same vein as the cantina set they made in 2014.  Lots of minifigs, but hopefully a solid structure thrown in too.

I think the hoth set will be like brickety said above, and be some larger battle pack like add-on.  Probably a cheaper set, around 29.99 or something like that.  The Droid Escape... why?  That doesn't really interest me after the previous version.  And I don't believe they have made Obi's Jedi Interceptor that he flew in the opening of Episode 3.  Granted, it's similar to Anakin's yellow version, but I don't think they've done the red version that Obi flew.  They did his ship from episode 2 a few times.

I also wonder, if Luke Skywalker or Leia will be in any of these Ep7 sets.  Luke might not, and could instead become some rare exclusive or something that you have to spend 100 at lego to get next year during May the 4th.  

The construction figures don't interest me in any way.  I'll be passing on those.

Edited by fossilrock

For Obi Wan's Jedi Interceptor you're looking at 2005 for the Red version in the Ultimate Space Battle, or 2007 for the blue one in Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace ring.

It just occurred to me that lego.com had a teaser recently that showed a bantha and a group of Tusken Raiders.  I'm starting to think that the "droid pod" set might be a lot cooler than what some of us might be thinking.  Seems like a perfect set to get a Bantha and some Sand People.  

• Like 1

I am absolutely thrilled by the idea of Rebels Microfights. I just hope we get Hera as the figure and not a male centric or even Chopper. I wonder how close it will be to the SDCC version that was out last year.

Microfighter sets giving out "rare" minifigs? I doubt it.

Would be nice though to see some female minifigs or alien minifigs included. Since most of the characters are either male or have no obvious gender (never looked under the skirt of a stormtrooper but everything that wears a helmet can just as well be a woman).

A female pilot or something still would be awesome!

Microfighter sets giving out "rare" minifigs? I doubt it.

I don't see why not. The Imperial Star Destroyer has a still exclusive Imperial Officer, the Millennium Falcon has a Han Solo variant only available in one other set (the latest Mos Eisley Cantina), Clone Turbo Tank's soldier has a special helmet found here and the last Star Wars Advent Calendar, the TIE Interceptor's pilot also exclusive here and the 2014 Star Wars Advent Calendar, the X-Wing's pilot was an exclusive variant with new printing (torso & helmet), the AT-AT's driver limited to the Microfighter set and its larger latest version, same thing goes for the Republic Gunship's clone pilot, and to round up the ARC-170 Starfighter's clone pilot was an exclusive variant too.

If LEGO is planning to design Microfighter sets around the Rebels universe, they could easily toss in any one of the main characters in there like Hera piloting her Ghost ship or The Inquisitor flying his TIE Advanced Prototype only in Microfighter form of course.

• Like 2

I don't see why not. The Imperial Star Destroyer has a still exclusive Imperial Officer, the Millennium Falcon has a Han Solo variant only available in one other set (the latest Mos Eisley Cantina), Clone Turbo Tank's soldier has a special helmet found here and the last Star Wars Advent Calendar, the TIE Interceptor's pilot also exclusive here and the 2014 Star Wars Advent Calendar, the X-Wing's pilot was an exclusive variant with new printing (torso & helmet), the AT-AT's driver limited to the Microfighter set and its larger latest version, same thing goes for the Republic Gunship's clone pilot, and to round up the ARC-170 Starfighter's clone pilot was an exclusive variant too.

If LEGO is planning to design Microfighter sets around the Rebels universe, they could easily toss in any one of the main characters in there like Hera piloting her Ghost ship or The Inquisitor flying his TIE Advanced Prototype only in Microfighter form of course.

Would be awesome because you can have them easily but on the other hand having 3 Heras doesn't make as much "sense" as having three AT-AT pilots. I hope you know what I mean?

In any case I'm sure that the microfighters will be nice, because the latest ones have been pretty cool!

Honestly, I don't think any UCS At-at would be tied in with any Hoth Rebel Base set (in the same mold as Ewok Village).  Ewok Village is not a UCS set, and so I don't think the 250.00 Hoth Rebel Base set will be considered that either.  However, I'm kind of interested if they make complimentary sets to add  to it (ala in the same mold as some of those lord of the rings/hobbit sets to flush out a bigger castle).  This also makes me think that having a few extra things like Tauntauns is a bigger possibility.  Or maybe it's just a big new wampa set, and the "attack" part is in reference to when the wampa attacked Luke.  They did show a new wampa mold in the new video recently.  Who knows.

Would be awesome because you can have them easily but on the other hand having 3 Heras doesn't make as much "sense" as having three AT-AT pilots. I hope you know what I mean?

In any case I'm sure that the microfighters will be nice, because the latest ones have been pretty cool!

Where else is Hera available?  She's only available in The Ghost.  Same with Zeb.  Chopper, Ezra, and Sabine are in two sets (Chopper in a limited edition set as one of those sets), and Kanan in three sets (one of those limited edition as well).

I know what you mean. One of the main attractions I found with the Microfighters is they double as an army builder/parts resource. True there isn't much need for a handful of Hans for example but the micro Falcon did have some good pieces all the same. There is always the chance of a unique variant with different printing making the Microfighter's Hera collectable even if a person already has The Ghost's Hera. (I have no actual idea who will be included and only using her as an example here.) In any case I don't mind getting extras of some major players as somewhere I find a use for some part of them in another character.

I know what you mean. One of the main attractions I found with the Microfighters is they double as an army builder/parts resource. True there isn't much need for a handful of Hans for example but the micro Falcon did have some good pieces all the same. There is always the chance of a unique variant with different printing making the Microfighter's Hera collectable even if a person already has The Ghost's Hera. (I have no actual idea who will be included and only using her as an example here.) In any case I don't mind getting extras of some major players as somewhere I find a use for some part of them in another character.

Ah, I get what you guys mean now.  For army building.  Makes sense.

I want Zeb in TIE fighter (Sabine color  variant) :D 

• Like 1

I believe the 14th at the Disney Expo.  However, many thought they were going to release them at comic con, but that never happened.  So, it's tough to say if they will be at the expo, but that's the rumor.
I just added up the cost to buy a complete set of Ep7 at RRP, and it's going to cost $569.93 to get all 7 of the main sets.   Granted, discounts and coupons are surely going to occur, but still...September 4th is going to be a spendy week.  Add in black series figures, and god knows what else...ohh boy.

Good things come to those who wait for clearance. :)

Good things come to those who wait for clearance. :)

Very true.. and for personal collection, I definitely think that is the only way to go.  I'm convinced Poe's x-wing will be found much cheaper in 2016-2017.  My only trepidation about waiting would be in the case that they become scarce by november, and can't meet demand, at which point selling my son's "santa" Millennium falcon to some other little Johnnie whose dad is willing to pay 2 times what it is worth for it so that he can put it under the tree would be a very tempting dilemma.  I feel there is going to be one or two of these sets that will go like that. 

I have enough other sets in the closet for a substitute, just in case.  :)

Here's the list for the rumored list for the 2016 Star Wars winter wave...

Battle Character Builds

• Star Wars (75113) – EUR 19.99
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Stormtrooper Buildable Figure (75114) – $19.99
  • Star Wars (75116) – EUR 24.99
  • Star Wars (75116) – EUR 24.99
  • Star Wars (75117) – EUR 24.99
  • Star Wars (75118) – EUR 24.99

Microfighters Series 3

• Microfighters Hero Starfighter (75125) – EUR 9.99
  • Microfighters Villain Blue Craft (75126) – EUR 9.99
  • Microfighters The Ghost (75127) – EUR 9.99
  • Microfighters TIE Advanced Prototype (75128) – EUR 9.99
  • Microfighters Wookie Gunship (75129) – EUR 9.99
  • AT-DP (75130) – EUR 9.99

Battle Packs

• Episode 7: The Force Awakens Heroes Battle Pack (75131) – EUR 16.99
  • Episode 7: The Force Awakens Villains Battle Pack (75132) – EUR 16.99
  • Galactic Empire Battle Pack (75134) – EUR 16.99
  • Rebels Battle Pack (75133) – EUR 16.99

Regular Sets

• Obi-Wan’s Jedi Interceptor (75135) – EUR 29.99
  • Droid Escape Pod (75136) – EUR 29.99
  • Carbon Freezing Chamber (75137) – EUR 29.99
  • Hoth Attack (75138) – EUR 29.99 TVC 2 (75140) – EUR 69.99
  • Kanan Speeder Bike (75141) – EUR 29.99 

----

Judging from what I see, its looking like the Carbon Freezing Chamber, and Hoth Attacks set are just small sets, and will more than likely just contain a few minifigs.  Maybe the Hoth Attacks set is an updated Wampa Cave or could simply be a larger "battle pack" add on for the rumored Hoth Rebel Base set due out on October, but that's tough to say.  Im also thinking the Droid Escape set is like the one put out a few years ago, but might contain a bantha and tusken raider.  Now after seeing price points on these, I don't think these are as exciting..

Edited by fossilrock