Star Wars 2016

fossilrock

• 3 weeks later...

I am disappointed they did not change the color of C-3PO leg to half gold half light grey.  They have the technology to do dual color print on a leg pieces (ex. Chima)

ETA: Just to clarify, the leg has a sliver of silver printed, but IMHO it should be from the "knee" down to foot, just like the source material

Looks like there is a lever on the Carbon Freezing Chamber set that probably lowers Han down into the chamber.  So the set might be a bit more technical then it looked like from the original pics.

Got to admit, these pictures make these sets look better that the first pics that came out.  I also really like all the battle packs, especially the Ep7 ones.  

I don't think these affect the UCS sandcrawler...as that set is all about the incredible build.  I'll probably add most of these to the collection....

4 hours ago, KShine said:

Wow - They really beefed up that Escape Pod.

The first Droid Escape was simply C-3PO & R2 with a rather ridiculously oversized pod that didn't look good or match the material well, second version was much better and included Sandtroopers, this edition though beats everything far the build goes that finally matches the source in size, shape, and playability I imagine. The prior two are very fat and too conical by comparison. Still may not be perfect but easily the best. Anyway parts themselves are good as are the Jawas.

1 hour ago, TheOrcKing said:

Supposedly a 'leak' of the minifigure based on a character called Maz Kanata from The Force Awakens.

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

AKA, really old Lobot

Looks more like an Asgard aka Anunnaki aka Grey...your typical alien friend. Although I see the Lobot. Let's see what we have frozen in the labs.

• Like 1