Star Wars 2016

fossilrock

At Bouwsteentjes.info some more leaked images are shown. Preliminary images that are not yet finalised. So piece-count is not yet correct. 442 looks like a default value when the piece-count isn't finalised yet.

I checked what kind of ship the Hammerhead would be, since I do not know the ship. It's from the Old Republic era, but from images I found the 'hammer head' should be vertical oriented in relation to the main body of the ship. It's not on this image which I find really odd. Lego wouldn't make that mistake, would they? I also don't recognise the 75145 ship, and there's no name given yet. 

75145 - Unknown ???

569362b488b0f_75145Unknown.jpg.6f214a99a

75147 Hammerhead

569360e404a32_75147Hammerhead.jpg.69147d

75150 A-Wing VS TIE Fighter 

56936105645ac_75150A-WingvsTIEFighter.jp

75151 Clone Turbo Tank

5693610657a11_75151TurboTank.jpg.401892b

What do you guys think ? 

Edited by Haay
  • Like 1

I ran into someone with a LEGO vendor badge and a LEGO satchel at Walmart moving product around and making sure the price tags matched. I thought I would ask her about the missing Star Wars sets. She said that there was nothing on the planogram , so she thought more than likely March for the Carbon Freeze Chamber, etc. She did keep trying to get me interested in the constructible figures.

• Like 1

I was wanted to ask one of those vendors when the New star wars battle packs are coming out. I'm not a fan on the TFA packs but i do like the looks of the battlefront packs.

LEGO-2.jpgLEGO-1.jpg

The storm troopers remind me of the old design. I will replace the blasters of the storm troopers with E-11 from brick-arms http://www.brickarms.com/E-11.php and for the rebels a DL-44 http://www.brickarms.com/DL-44.php or a Dc-15s http://www.brickarms.com/DC-15S.php

Well i guess its just my personal taste. I think battle packs look better with better looking rifles, I personally hate the stud shooter things but Lego is sticking with it so i would think it sells well with kids. The battle pack vehicles themselves are garbage but the figs look great, for my personal collection I part those speeders the second I get them. 3/4 of the imperial pack figs are great and the rebels have aliens in it. For a galaxy full of many sentient lifeforms, theirs are sure hard thing finding a alien in the mix of all the humans, its like finding waldo in past years.

For investment purposes, I expect them to do like the normal battle packs, a good flip within a year with good discounts and hold a price of 25 to 35 after a few years.

I wonder if you get the top of the TIE Fighter with both sets. Are these the official LEGO pics or something else? I'm not a huge fan of either of those sets I expect the aliens and the shocktrooper to do well on the secondary market, but I can't see me filling a shelf with them for myself. One to review at full price and several on clearance to hold.

I just built my very FIRST Lego SW set (75140; Resistance Troop Transporter) and  I love it. Question: I plan on displaying the model with the spring-loaded missiles  loaded, but has anyone displayed ANY set with them loaded for a long period of time (months or more), only to have them fire accidentally at any given time? Do these springs weaken early? Not at all? Please advise. Thank you. 

17 minutes ago, Wazzapova said:

I just built my very FIRST Lego SW set (75140; Resistance Troop Transporter) and  I love it. Question: I plan on displaying the model with the spring-loaded missiles  loaded, but has anyone displayed ANY set with them loaded for a long period of time (months or more), only to have them fire accidentally at any given time? Do these springs weaken early? Not at all? Please advise. Thank you. 

I have not had any fire without someone hitting it. I don't know about the springs, but I assume that eventually they might compress to a point where they are less effective.

After looking at the pictures, correct me if I'm wrong but:

1. The blue x-wing pic: the actual x wing looks fake and pasted into the photo. Compared to the other pictures, it definitely doesn't match up as well on the box and when you compare to the action shot of the black and orange x wing, it definitely seems fake. 

2. All of these boxes show Kylo Ren at the top. Star Wars Lego uses Kylo only for episode 7 Lego, not OT or prequel trilogies. So why is Kylo at the top of all of these Lego pics when the vehicles are from the OT and PT? Are all these pics fake?

3. Again, the action shots for all of these Lego sets are off except for the ground vehicle one. Either these are very early concept boxes or they could all be fake.

With the Death Star retiring soon and the Millenium falcon being the biggest Star Wars Lego set of 2015, I can definitely see the flagship set for 2016 being the star killer base....not another Death Star set. Probably include a chute to shoot down phasma, the long bridge where Kylo and Han confront each other, maybe a spot where Rey was held captive, a command center for Hux...

What do you think?

14 minutes ago, Jaykay21 said:

1. The blue x-wing pic: the actual x wing looks fake and pasted into the photo. Compared to the other pictures, it definitely doesn't match up as well on the box and when you compare to the action shot of the black and orange x wing, it definitely seems fake.

2. All of these boxes show Kylo Ren at the top. Star Wars Lego uses Kylo only for episode 7 Lego, not OT or prequel trilogies. So why is Kylo at the top of all of these Lego pics when the vehicles are from the OT and PT? Are all these pics fake?

3. Again, the action shots for all of these Lego sets are off except for the ground vehicle one. Either these are very early concept boxes or they could all be fake.

None of those are final actual product shots. Those would be mock ups which is why most of them have the same piece counts. Final product will look different but similar to those images.

12 minutes ago, Jaykay21 said:

First welcome to the site.  To answer your points briefly

1.  The pictures are more of concept arts rather than finalized products so placeholders pictures are common

2. Nope.  Scroll up a few posts and take a look at the review of the new Homing Spider Droid set.  It is a PT set but the box uses Kylo on the top

3. Look at #1

8 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

First welcome to the site.  To answer your points briefly

1.  The pictures are more of concept arts rather than finalized products so placeholders pictures are common

2. Nope.  Scroll up a few posts and take a look at the review of the new Homing Spider Droid set.  It is a PT set but the box uses Kylo on the top

3. Look at #1

Ah gotcha, thanks guys. New here so what may be common knowledge on the boxes seemed suspicious to me!