Star Wars 2016

fossilrock

9 hours ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

Why are you trying to open boxes without damaging them using a hair dryer?

I'm kind of obsessed with having things as new as possible, boxes included. If I ever sell those sets I opened for myself, they'll go as best as possible.

Don't think i've seen this mentioned here, but looks like Rogue One sets will range from 19.99 to 149.99.  This seems to mimic the Force Awakens sets, with a bunch of tiered price structures.  Since there are 5 sets, I don't think the upper level set will be an At-At at 149.99.  A rebel blockade runner, perhaps?

http://brickset.com/article/19221/ny-toy-fair-press-release

1 minute ago, fossilrock said:

Don't think i've seen this mentioned here, but looks like Rogue One sets will range from 19.99 to 149.99.  This seems to mimic the Force Awakens sets, with a bunch of tiered price structures.  Since there are 5 sets, I don't think the upper level set will be an At-At at 149.99.  A rebel blockade runner, perhaps?

http://brickset.com/article/19221/ny-toy-fair-press-release

I was holding out hope for a Rebels Blockade Runner.

Ok maybe I missed the memo but seeing a couple of new SW sets pictured at the NY toyfair today.

75147 - StarScavenger & 75145 EclipseFighter.  Not iconic ships/sets at all from what i see (and this is from a big SW fan) and not sure if its just the Hoth disappointment but I really like the look of both of those.  75145 in particular.  Plus nice to see Dengar in a set not being eclipsed (see that i did there) by Boba Fett.

Not even knowing how these fit into the SW universe I'll be buying them for the personal collection.

Ok maybe I missed the memo but seeing a couple of new SW sets pictured at the NY toyfair today.

75147 - StarScavenger & 75145 EclipseFighter.  Not iconic ships/sets at all from what i see (and this is from a big SW fan) and not sure if its just the Hoth disappointment but I really like the look of both of those.  75145 in particular.  Plus nice to see Dengar in a set not being eclipsed (see that i did there) by Boba Fett.

Not even knowing how these fit into the SW universe I'll be buying them for the personal collection.

I wonder if those two sets are from the animated Freemaker Adventures that is coming out this summer?

I just picked up a bunch of the new 2016 sets at Meijer tonight.  Got these, which is the first time I've seen them on the shelves at all.  

75133 Rebel Alliance Battle Pack (12.99)
75134 Galactic Empire Battle Pack (12.99)
75135 Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor (24.99)
75136 Droid Escape Pod (24.99)
75137 Carbon-Freezing Chamber (24.99)
75138 Hoth Attack (24.99)

I build with my kids, so I was excited to see them.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoastaLego said:

I am just now seeing sets that Europe got on Jan 1st.  The new Droid Escape, Hoth Attacks.. Has anyone seen Jedi Intercepter 75135 yet?  Been wanting one to go with Anikans yellow interceptor.  

For those with 75038s around.  75135 would make a great bundle 

P1130499.JPG

• Like 2

I was looking at my 75125 Resistance X-Wing tonight, and noticed that, unlike some of the other Microfighters boxes, it was tape sealed.  And therefore had seal codes.

Codes were 02R6.  So, we might have some explanation then for the delays in getting them in the states.  I'm guessing the Mexico factory didn't have production capability to handle most of the Star Wars sets, hence the delay.  Meanwhile, Europe probably did.

2 hours ago, exciter1 said:

Yes you did!  It has a darker, less bright green yoda.

I thought the yoda was the same as the one in Battle of Geonosis set?  And the Kaskyyyk trooper is the same as the one in the Kashyyyk Battle Pack that just retired...

Sounds like this one is improved over the previous one, really the only thing the old one has is the Stass Allie Minifig, which is a jedi that got less than a few seconds of screen time in Revenge of the Sith as she got blasted off her speeder bike.