Star Wars 2016

fossilrock

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 4:33 AM, Haay said:

The teaser picture definitely has the Death Star on the background! For comparison:

Regarding a new UCS MF ... Consider the fact that 10179 UCS MF was released in 2007 to commemorate the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars (Episode IV, from 1977).

Next year in 2017 it's ... the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars. So who know what LEGO has in store for us next year ... ;) 

That whole image is taken from the Rogue One teaser they showed last year at Celebration...

http://www.gamezone.com/videos/star-wars-rogue-one-leaked-teaser-footage-4dh

One thing I've found very odd about this years supposed UCS sets, are how oddly hushed they've been.  There were rumors that we should've got one late last year, but nothing happened, and so far nothing is in the pipelines, that we know for sure.  It's just over the last couple of years, we've had pretty good confirmation about the latest UCS sets, like the Sandcrawler, Slave 1, and Tie Fighter.

So what's so special about this year that we haven't had any real concrete evidence of what's to come out???  It's just baffling, and frustrating me because I've been patiently waiting for the next UCS set, and just nothing.

8 minutes ago, citymorgue said:

One thing I've found very odd about this years supposed UCS sets, are how oddly hushed they've been.  There were rumors that we should've got one late last year, but nothing happened, and so far nothing is in the pipelines, that we know for sure.  It's just over the last couple of years, we've had pretty good confirmation about the latest UCS sets, like the Sandcrawler, Slave 1, and Tie Fighter.

So what's so special about this year that we haven't had any real concrete evidence of what's to come out???  It's just baffling, and frustrating me because I've been patiently waiting for the next UCS set, and just nothing.

Probably looking at May, September and December. That's if we don't get hit by an Asteroid in March.

19 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

There was an asteroid last year? Actually, I think there was. The speculation of Hoth, Death Star and Snowspeeder for this year is why I suggested those 3 time frames.

Yes, but these rumors started early last year and were supposed to be the summer UCS sets, then it changed to the winter, then when winter came, everything went quite on the eastern front.  All rumors stopped for a few months, and it was as if no rumor had ever come about.  I'm seriously surprised we didn't get a UCS set this past fall.

19 hours ago, citymorgue said:

I suppose it's always possible that something got ditched at the 11th hour. If the Hoth that we sort of saw pictures for was the set that was supposed to come out, a do over would be welcome by me. 

11 minutes ago, Pomodoro said:

There are talks about an AT-ST coming out in October on Eurobricks, as well as a "black droid" constraction figure; The leak is from Sir Von Lego, and seems to be corroborated by a mysterious set list found on imgur (couldn't find it myself though). The so-called black droid could very well be the Shadow Trooper reported there.

Black droid should be IG-88.

1 hour ago, Pomodoro said:

There are talks about an AT-ST coming out in October on Eurobricks, as well as a "black droid" constraction figure; The leak is from Sir Von Lego, and seems to be corroborated by a mysterious set list found on imgur (couldn't find it myself though). The so-called black droid could very well be the Shadow Trooper reported there.

A few people on Eurobricks are calling that list fake now.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

People are so strange. I can't even imagine why kind of pleasure could possibly be achieved by this kind of activity. So strange...

The list was reported by someone whose track record is not as good as Sir Von Lego's, to say the least (which I didn't see when first reporting it here).

Edited by Pomodoro

24 minutes ago, Pomodoro said:

The list was reported by someone whose track record is not as good as Sir Von Lego's, to say the least (which I didn't see when first reporting it here).

I definitely wasn't calling you out as the messenger.  I could tell that when you posted, the info looked good. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alpinemaps said:

I definitely wasn't calling you out as the messenger.  I could tell that when you posted, the info looked good. 

It was more towards dcdfan, I first understood his message as "why are people are calling everything fake?" but upon reading his message again, I wonder if what he meant was actually "why are people creating fake lists?".

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Pomodoro said:

It was more towards dcdfan, I first understood his message as "why are people are calling everything fake?" but upon reading his message again, I wonder if what he meant was actually "why are people creating fake lists?".

Yes. I clicked your link & read the list, took a screenshot of the list ('cause that's what I do) & then read further that this individual had supposedly posted other bogus lists in the past. Then I deleted the screenshot. I didn't mean anything negative towards you at all. The "strange people" comment was about the poster on the other site...

and now...

Edited by dcdfan
  • Like 2

On 05/02/2016 at 10:03 PM, Huskers1236 said:

I suppose it's always possible that something got ditched at the 11th hour. If the Hoth that we sort of saw pictures for was the set that was supposed to come out, a do over would be welcome by me. 

Most likely the case. Up until episode 7 was released, nobody outside of disney studios know what is going on in the new movie, so probably the lego execs decided to delay a bit before deciding on the new UCS.

17 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I noticed some of the new battle packs use tape seals instead of the glued and thumb punch boxes. We'll see lots of figures stolen and open boxes on shelves this year.

I find the thumb punch boxes way easier to open. I use a hair dryer to open them with no damage to the box but can't do the same with tape, it always leaves glue or I can see the seals were open and glued again.

On Sunday, February 07, 2016 at 4:59 PM, DFC01 said:

I find the thumb punch boxes way easier to open. I use a hair dryer to open them with no damage to the box but can't do the same with tape, it always leaves glue or I can see the seals were open and glued again.

Why are you trying to open boxes without damaging them using a hair dryer?