Star Wars 2016

fossilrock

Initial report from London Toy Fair 2016 (source The Brick Fan):

• Eclipse Fighter (75145) – £34.99 – Includes 2 minifigures. Based on new LEGO Star Wars IP.

• Star Scavenger (75147) – £49.99 – Includes 4 minifigures. Set also has a mini salvage vehicle. Based on new LEGO Star Wars IP.

• Encounter on Jakku (75148) – £49.99 – Includes Unkar Plutt, Rey, BB-8, Teedo, and a brick-built Luggabeast. The Force Awakens set where Rey encounters Teedo riding Luggabeast while he’s capturing BB-8.

• Resistance X-Wing Fighter (75149) – £79.99 – Includes 4 minifigures. The blue and white/gray version of The Force Awakens X-Wing.

• Darth Vadar’s TIE Advanced (75150) – £29.99 – Includes 4 minifigures. Set has Vader’s TIE Advanced and an A-Wing.

• Clone Turbo Tank (75151) – £99.99 – Includes 6 minifigures.

• Captain Rex’s AT-TE Walker (75147) – £99.99 – Includes 5 minifigures.

• Like 1

Only 2 force awakens sets?  One of which is just a rehash.  Yikes.  That is only 6 FA sets in 2016.  I somewhat expected quite a few more a year ago, but that's ok, I suppose. This year, remains fairly light on the wallet when it comes to Star Wars. Maybe September that will change when they show the Rogue One sets.

6 minutes ago, cladner said:

not if you are hoarding UCS Sandcrawlers, Slave I, and EV. 

I only go 2 to 4 deep on exclusives.  I'm only buying 2 EV and sticking with that.  I'll more than likely invest in 3 slave 1s and probably 3 Sandcrawlers but won't go deeper than that.   I only do those purchases during 2xVIP, so in march i'll buy a round of them, and more than likely another round in October.   My hoarding for 2016 is set on 2 Poe's X-wings, Tydiriums and Jedi Duels.  Basically over the last month, i've been hitting Poe's X-wings and Tydiriums (discount prices are decent at the moment).  But this is nothing like 2015 when I was hitting many sets from 2014/2013.  This year is just light, thanks to the lack of decent sets last year (force awakens excluded)..

• Like 2

Some more details on contents of the sets incl. minifigs:

http://brickset.com/article/18853/london-toy-fair-report-star-wars 

The LEGO IP sets are obviously a pass, same for me with clone tank but I have to say that the TFA and Rebels sets look dope. That encounter on Jaku set is really interesting. But also makes Rey's speeder dip in value/uniqueness - we will be probably getting that same Rey and Unkar thug figs in this one.

Also, seems that soon any collector will be able to make an army of BB-8s.

Hopefully they will improve Sabine's look in the Vader TIE set... kinda bummed to see no Ahsoka anywhere but I have little doubt that she will be making an appearance somewhere throughout the year.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, froncz said:

Some more details on contents of the sets incl. minifigs:

http://brickset.com/article/18853/london-toy-fair-report-star-wars 

The LEGO IP sets are obviously a pass, same for me with clone tank but I have to say that the TFA and Rebels sets look dope. That encounter on Jaku set is really interesting. But also makes Rey's speeder dip in value/uniqueness - we will be probably getting that same Rey and Unkar thug figs in this one.

Also, seems that soon any collector will be able to make an army of BB-8s.

Hopefully they will improve Sabine's look in the Vader TIE set... kinda bummed to see no Ahsoka anywhere but I have little doubt that she will be making an appearance somewhere throughout the year.

The Encounter on Jakku sounds great.  Can't wait to see that one in person.  Now they just need Han Solo's freighter, a UCS style version of Maz's Castle, and a couple scenes from the Starkiller base, and Episode 7 is pretty much covered.

16 minutes ago, pete411 said:

Wondering if the new Vader Tie will kill the value of the Tie Advanced Prototype when it retires later this year. Hard to imagine that it would go up past 60-70 when you can get the Vader Tie and an A Wing for 80 bucks.

No.  It's a diff ship with diff minifigures. It should hurt the value of the one released in 2009, 8073.

6 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I have to say, that Darth Vader Tie and A-Wing set looks pretty boss.  I mean, they're not huge, but just right for display and decent play ability.

I guess the DV Tie could be a little bigger.

Ditto.  Same for Capt Rex's walker.  Appear to be nice pics despite the low res / bad angled pics.  Good effort from that photographer.  A- for effort. :)

• Like 1

I agree, @exciter1. I definitely have my eyes on that Darth Vader vs A-Wing set now that I've seen the picture of it! 

The "Encounter at Jakku" set with the Luggabeast looks really odd though. A BLUE Luggabeast??? 

5 minutes ago, Deanfjr said:

Do you have a link?

http://www.hothbricks.com/2016/01/nouveautes-star-wars-second-semestre-2016-premiers-visuels-sets/

• Like 2