Star Wars 2016

fossilrock

Um.... in terms of Poe's xwing. There is one wild card factor I think people are over looking and that's that it is one of only two sets containing the new favorite droid BB-8. I find it extremely hard to believe that this set would only have a 4th quarter production run and that's it. Obviously if we see some R6 seals pop up after LEGO Shop at Home restocks in the next few weeks we will know for sure. But I'm not anticipating this set to be going anywhere anytime soon.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, pstebbing said:

Um.... in terms of Poe's xwing. There is one wild card factor I think people are over looking and that's that it is one of only two sets containing the new favorite droid BB-8. I find it extremely hard to believe that this set would only have a 4th quarter production run and that's it. Obviously if we see some R6 seals pop up after LEGO Shop at Home restocks in the next few weeks we will know for sure. But I'm not anticipating this set to be going anywhere anytime soon.

BB-8 will be in 75148 Encounter on Jakku, looks like the same retail at $79.99.  

I expect Jakku will be an easier set to part, so likely may bring down the price of BB-8. 

I personally would say lets be prepared just encase the poe x wing retires, poe could turn into a mini HH for all we know. I will be picking some up if I can find them on 10% discounts or wait for a 2x vip point day.

There are so few star wars sets and i think ep7 should have had the 15 min of cut fotage. there we would have had the new at-ish walker, I think Disney is saving that set for ep 8 where they will most likely copy a huge chunk of the plot from empire strikes back. I will be massively disappointed if ep 8 is called first order strikes back.

Don't know if anyone saw this because i've only seen it on Star Wars news sites, and not in the Lego sites… Granted it's just a picture, but it looks like Rogue One was in a lego presentation today in Nuremberg.  Sounds like the sets will be coming out in October, and there's a pic of a Slave one in the photo.. 

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/01/picture-of-slave-1-from-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story/

Edited by fossilrock

19 minutes ago, Armor said:

I personally would say lets be prepared just encase the poe x wing retires, poe could turn into a mini HH for all we know. I will be picking some up if I can find them on 10% discounts or wait for a 2x vip point day.

There are so few star wars sets and i think ep7 should have had the 15 min of cut fotage. there we would have had the new at-ish walker, I think Disney is saving that set for ep 8 where they will most likely copy a huge chunk of the plot from empire strikes back. I will be massively disappointed if ep 8 is called first order strikes back.

Seriously, if you expect it to go HH, then why wait for the 10% discount?   I have serious doubts they will be around by then.  I've been hitting the Wally World and Target trackers a lot lately, and they are NOT to be found in my area.  The last round was about 2 weeks ago, and that's been it.

17 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Don't know if anyone saw this because i've only seen it on Star Wars news sites, and not in the Lego sites… Granted it's just a picture, but it looks like Rogue One was in a lego presentation today in Nuremberg.  Sounds like the sets will be coming out in October, and there's a pic of a Slave one in the photo.. 

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/01/picture-of-slave-1-from-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story/

I am more interested in the Space station / spaceport looking thingy behind the announcer (coming out in August).  What is that?

17 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I am more interested in the Space station / spaceport looking thingy behind the announcer (coming out in August).  What is that?

Ohh sorry.  That's the new TV series from lego that's coming out in August.  Those two lego sets in the summer wave are part of whatever this new show is.

I doubt that Slave I is a new set. Looks like the UCS to me, and is probably just a placeholder photo and not representative of an actual set. Now, whether or not that means Boba Fett is featured prominently is to be seen.

In response to Boba losing Slave I: that already happened. Actually, Aurra Sing tried to escape Hondo Ohnaka on Florrum and she was shot down. Hondo acquires it for a time after that and he is the one who repaints it.

Maybe Rogue One will be the first movie where Boba Fett actually has a decent role.  He's kinda the Captain Phasma of the OT, IMO.  Disney will toss all the iconic stuff in a movie if they can just to sell the merchandise..  This movie will probably be filled with Slave 1, At-Ats, Vaders Tie, X-wings etc.

Star Wars Episode VIII: The First Order Retaliates

Star Wars Episode IX: Regroup of the Jedi

• Like 6

On January 29, 2016 at 5:54 PM, pstebbing said:

BB8 is in both summer wave sets (encounter on jakku and x-wing)..

Poe's X-wing starfighter jumped from OSS will ship Feb 6th to OOS will ship in 30 days.  Not saying it is, but saying it could..

Looks like we finally have some set numbers for Rogue One… From Nuremberg toyfair it was mentioned these will come out in October.  Looks like there are 5 sets (and maybe a death star?).. Anywho..

http://brickset.com/sets/year-2016/theme-Star-Wars

Here's some more information:

http://www.dailysuperhero.com/2016/02/star-wars-rogue-one-confirmed-to-have-5.html

CaPFfToWYAA_ioI.jpg

CaPF0ioWkAAfUyN.jpg

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Looks like we finally have some set numbers for Rogue One… From Nuremberg toyfair it was mentioned these will come out in October.  Looks like there are 5 sets (and maybe a death star?).. Anywho..

http://brickset.com/sets/year-2016/theme-Star-Wars

Here's some more information:

http://www.dailysuperhero.com/2016/02/star-wars-rogue-one-confirmed-to-have-5.html

Maybe a Death Star..? It says 75159 is the Death Star...

75159.jpg

Edited by dcdfan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

Maybe a Death Star..? It says 75159 is the Death Star...

But they still haven't said what movie the new death star is based off of, and the release date for that has been rather hushed..   I still think it's going to have Rogue One scenes in it since there's a big death star in the ad and the movie is pretty much about the death star.  Disney isn't going to release a movie that will make them another 2 billion and not have merchandise tied to the old 1976 film.  I just don't see that.  And if this was released before July, we would have heard about that by now..  This is obviously going to be released before christmas or right around the release of the movie to coincide with it.

My speculation, but 75159 is probably a Rogue One set.  It's in that series of numbers, and there's more than likely 2 more sets that come out (75157, 75158) during the winter wave that tie in with the film.  

Edited by fossilrock

The circle on the photo in the top right is most likely the death star I. To my knowledge the prices and official pictures should be coming out at the end of the or early March. I have no knowledge on the new ucs MF though, my best guess is in with the han solo movie coming in a few years.

6 minutes ago, Armor said:

The circle on the photo in the top right is most likely the death star I. To my knowledge the prices and official pictures should be coming out at the end of the or early March. I have no knowledge on the new ucs MF though, my best guess is in with the han solo movie coming in a few years.

There has not been a set number dedicated to MF for this year, so I doubt that is happening this year.  That rumor seems to have no weight to it.  Plus, with the Hoth set, Snowspeeder, and Death Star already included as Ultimate Collector Series sets for this year, I have my doubts they also throw in a MF.

There's definitely a death star, like dcdfan posted.  Just don't know if it's tied to the Rogue One movie or not, hence why I said, 5 confirmed sets (and a Death Star?).  But, the ad with the set numbers shows a death star and a tie-fighter in it..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Armor said:

The teaser picture definitely has the Death Star on the background! For comparison:

CaPFfToWYAA_ioI.jpg.850194b247871c9aecfddeath_star_2.jpg.47cc68c7e08de8ed49b2bf6

Regarding a new UCS MF ... Consider the fact that 10179 UCS MF was released in 2007 to commemorate the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars (Episode IV, from 1977).

Next year in 2017 it's ... the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars. So who know what LEGO has in store for us next year ... ;) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Val-E said:

So, that´s pretty much all the set numbers for this year reserved bar 1 (75158). Could mean we are safein terms of ISD and AT AT remakes.

Not so fast.  During the nuremberg toy expo, an at-at was referenced as being in the hasbro toy line this year for rogue one.  This was reported on many star wars sites, along with some of the figures that will be released. Supposedly it's a slightly smaller variation than the one seen in Empire, but At-Ats are in the film.  Any of those empty boxes in the Rogue One line (especially 75155, or 75156) could be an at-at.