Star Wars 2016

fossilrock

26 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I thought the yoda was the same as the one in Battle of Geonosis set?  And the Kaskyyyk trooper is the same as the one in the Kashyyyk Battle Pack that just retired...

Sounds like this one is improved over the previous one, really the only thing the old one has is the Stass Allie Minifig, which is a jedi that got less than a few seconds of screen time in Revenge of the Sith as she got blasted off her speeder bike.

I just assumed it was different than the one in the AT-RT set.

4 hours ago, fossilrock said:

I thought the yoda was the same as the one in Battle of Geonosis set?  And the Kaskyyyk trooper is the same as the one in the Kashyyyk Battle Pack that just retired...

Sounds like this one is improved over the previous one, really the only thing the old one has is the Stass Allie Minifig, which is a jedi that got less than a few seconds of screen time in Revenge of the Sith as she got blasted off her speeder bike.

It is the one from Battle of Geonosis. I always preferred the AT-RT set, though I don't know why. It appears both types of troopers from those Kashyyyk battle packs are being used in 2016 sets. The clone trooper with the spider droid set and the elite corps trooper with the turbo tank.

Around 33 second mark.

Around 20 second mark. The image isn't great but Commander Gree looks the same as the AT-AP set.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, gobuffs98 said:

Out of the 4 new $25 sets:

Carbon freezing Chamber

Droid Escape Pod

Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor

Hoth Attack

Which one do people think will do the best after retirement?

Pretty much the order you listed them... but I wouldn't expect any to be huge money makers unless bought at a discount. The minifigures in the Freezing Chamber are nice, the escape pod has Jawas--but has been remade often, Obi-Wan's Interceptor is nice, but prequel, and that Hoth Attack is just rehashed and silly. I'm done with Hoth.

24 minutes ago, gobuffs98 said:

Carbon freezing Chamber

Droid Escape Pod

Hoth Attack

I think that the hero prequel set will do pretty well in a couple years. The Carbon Freeze Chamber will also do fine. Unless there's a huge uptick in demand for jawas, the droid escape pod isn't going to be great. the Hoth attack is probably the biggest loser of the bunch.

Most of these sets will be cheaper in the summer.

• Like 1

I would tend disagree as the Jedi interceptor is a highly demanded vehicle. Look at how ultimate space battle did now i accept it will not reach those heights but has a good a chance of getting near that set. Furthermore the freezing chamber is more of a play set and for me personally was a disappointment in terms of display where as the interceptor looks good especially next to 75038.

20 hours ago, gobuffs98 said:

Carbon freezing Chamber

Droid Escape Pod

Hoth Attack

I also agree the Carbon Freezing Chamber will do best after retirement, purely due to the minifigs ! Getting such an iconic figure such as Boba Fett in a £20 set I think will be a huge selling point post retirement!! 

35 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

I also agree the Carbon Freezing Chamber will do best after retirement, purely due to the minifigs ! Getting such an iconic figure such as Boba Fett in a £20 set I think will be a huge selling point post retirement!! 

I guess 9496 is doing okay. I don't think it's huge post retirement. Don't overhype a disappointing playset. If people really want Boba, there's a watch, or it's cheaper to just buy him from ebay or bricklink. This set will hinge on demand for ugnaut post retirement. ;)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I guess 9496 is doing okay. I don't think it's huge post retirement. Don't overhype a disappointing playset. If people really want Boba, there's a watch, or it's cheaper to just buy him from ebay or bricklink. This set will hinge on demand for ugnaut post retirement. ;)

Very true, that said its not a 'bad' set for the price and a classic scene from the film !! No doubt it will be discounted in a few months, then maybe time to pull the trigger on a few at the hope of doubling you money in the future ! But agree, not one to go mad over ! 

On 1/12/2016 at 3:55 PM, stoltzjl77 said:

Just hopping on this thread, haven't bothered to read everything yet so sorry if this has already been said - looking at the next wave of 2016 battle packs - looks like there will be several Ep. VI themed sets in an "Empire" line...so perhaps this will be the flagship of that series, which would make sense given the 75xxx designation. My guess is this is a largish playset that can be paired with the duel re-release, but won't be on the same scale as 10188.

Hey there, i'm trying to find a list of the new 2016 battle packs but cannot. Are you talking about the ones that just came out based on the Battlefront Video game?

21 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

Hey there, i'm trying to find a list of the new 2016 battle packs but cannot. Are you talking about the ones that just came out based on the Battlefront Video game?

The ones that just came out on March 1st - 75133 Rebel Alliance battle pack and 75134 Galactic Empire BP - I don't know if these are tied in to the video game or not but are definitely OT sourced.

5 hours ago, stoltzjl77 said:

The ones that just came out on March 1st - 75133 Rebel Alliance battle pack and 75134 Galactic Empire BP - I don't know if these are tied in to the video game or not but are definitely OT sourced.

I think these are based off of star wars battlefront.  That is why that have jet packs on the minifigures.

32 minutes ago, gobuffs98 said:

Is Kanan's speeder bike 75141 an exclusive?  I see it at the lego store and target.  No online listings at walmart, toys r us, or amazon at msrp. 

beginning to suspect that, but I thought I saw it at Walmart once. when I went back the space I thought it was in was empty. also suspect spider droid of being tru exclusive.

3 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

beginning to suspect that, but I thought I saw it at Walmart once. when I went back the space I thought it was in was empty. also suspect spider droid of being tru exclusive.

I agree on the spider.  Slightly surprised they had it discounted already on the tru website.  I don't think it will be that popular.  They only thing it might have going is yoda.  

Edited by gobuffs98

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 4:28 PM, gobuffs98 said:

I think these are based off of star wars battlefront.  That is why that have jet packs on the minifigures.

Is the Death Star in Battlefront?

I dunno, I'm still thinking the new version will be a large playset, not a UCS-type model. I have no position in 10188's, except for the one I built which will not be for sale any time soon. If a new playset comes out I'm sure we'll pick it up - but if a new UCS model comes out, I'll probably pass on buying one for building and will think long and hard before investing.