Star Wars 2016

fossilrock

The Advent Calendar has a surprisingly good selection of figures.  Who doesn't want snow covered Chewie?  I agree on Luggabeast, I don't remember any blue on it in the movie, but could be wrong.  Was hoping these were confidential, thus not ready yet, but the boxes appear to be final copy.  Help me if I'm wrong here, but in the movie wasn't it an animal with armor on?  I was hoping the actual beast would be molded and the armor brickbuilt but that doesn't appear to be the case.  The new X-Wing really makes you wonder about Poe's X.  I mean, would Lego really cut their sales in half by having 2 X-Wings?  Most parents aren't buying both for their kids so they have one vehicle essentially taking up to large slots on the shelves. 

Edit:  After looking some more, it does appear the beast itself is molded with brick built armor.

Edited by Huskers1236

In the movie The lugabeast's armor appears to have been painted blue at one time, and then weathered off to reveal the grey metal underneath. I guess since they dont have multicolored bricks lego had to make a executive call about what color it should be. Maybe this represents a brand new fresh off the factory floor lugabeast's!

Considering this is the Luggabeast from the TFA movie:

star-wars-teedo-luggabeast-1-force-awake

I can now see the original blue colour of the armour. It also looks like it's a living animal with armour plating. I had before assumed it was a kind of robotic unit before analysing this picture more closely.

So I guess the choice of having blue armour plating in the LEGO set isn't such a bad choice after all. It's just faded and weathered in the movie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Haay said:

I agree, @exciter1. I definitely have my eyes on that Darth Vader vs A-Wing set now that I've seen the picture of it! 

The "Encounter at Jakku" set with the Luggabeast looks really odd though. A BLUE Luggabeast??? 

1 hour ago, Deanfjr said:

Do you have a link?

hmmm. i did leave an anything but subtle clue to the pics whereabouts in my post above :)

• Like 1

To add to what was previously mentioned:

Via Brick Fan:

2016 SW Advent Calendar:

According to PromoBricks, there will be 10 minifigures in the set including a chrome C-3PO, a white Chewbacca, and a Stormtrooper snowman. For the mini-builds, you see some of the usual vehicles like Boba Fett’s Slave I, a TIE Advanced, an A-Wing, the Blockade Runner, and a Republic Attack Cruiser. We’ve already seen some of these builds in previous advent calendars so we’ll see how LEGO has updated them for this year.

Edited by pstebbing
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, pstebbing said:

Via Brick Fan:

2016 SW Advent Calendar:

According to PromoBricks, there will be 10 minifigures in the set including a chrome C-3PO, a white Chewbacca, and a Stormtrooper snowman. For the mini-builds, you see some of the usual vehicles like Boba Fett’s Slave I, a TIE Advanced, an A-Wing, the Blockade Runner, and a Republic Attack Cruiser. We’ve already seen some of these builds in previous advent calendars so we’ll see how LEGO has updated them for this year.

I wondered if that was some type of Wampa, oh it's Chewie covered in snow.

6 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

hmmm. i did leave an anything but subtle clue to the pics whereabouts in my post above :)

In my post with the pictures posted in-line, I did put in a source link to Hothbricks as well. Thought it didn't harm to answer someone's question about where to see those images with the link. :) 

• Like 1

Pretty clear to me that Poe's Black X-wing is going away.  It's practically gone from most retail outlets currently, and just doesn't seem to get massive restocks.  Anyone that has paid attention to OOS status of certain sets over the years will surely notice the clear cut signs.  I think they decided to scrap it when there were design issues with the original one, and made the decision to just make a rehash and make that one a short run.  Seems like that is what is happening.  The sets are practically identical other than the color.

Edited by fossilrock

18 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Pretty clear to me that Poe's Black X-wing is going away.  It's practically gone from most retail outlets currently, and just doesn't seem to get massive restocks.  Anyone that has paid attention to OOS status of certain sets over the years will surely notice the clear cut signs.  I think they decided to scrap it when there were design issues with the original one, and made the decision to just make a rehash and make that one a short run.  Seems like that is what is happening.  The sets are practically identical other than the color.

It has been restocked at all my Walmart/ targets.   But still selling very fast.  They will put out 6 to 8 on the shelf and be gone quickly then put out more.  

I still very much doubt LEGO will look at the sales numbers for Poe's black X-wing and decide to cut it short.  It's January and LEGO is still trying to catch up on production.  They can sell two X-wings side by side, no problem.  There is plenty of demand there.  Having said that, many 2015 sets only got a one year run so there is a good chance it will disappear in 4Q.  I would be surprised if it goes before then.

7 minutes ago, CoastaLego said:

It has been restocked at all my Walmart/ targets.   But still selling very fast.  They will put out 6 to 8 on the shelf and be gone quickly then put out more.  

And what were the seal codes?  I haven't heard or seen any seal codes beyond 40R5.  yes, I recently picked up some at my local wally world 2 weeks ago, but the seal codes were definitely not recent.  Walmart can lag behind in putting out stock, since a lot of it is first held in regional warehouses.  That's not so much the case in places like TRU, or Target. We've seen many times before.

1 hour ago, pstebbing said:

Via Brick Fan:

2016 SW Advent Calendar:

If C-3PO really comes in a chrome version I would even get an advent calendar for myself. The chrome TC-14 needs some company!

This video shows the upcoming Clone Trooper Tank.  After watching this, i'm definitely more interested in picking this one up when it's out later in the summer.  Looks like a good technic oriented build, and seems to be a movie set based on episode 3's Kashyyyk battle scene.  Still, not many great sets that i'm interested in.  The luggbeast set looks good, but overall it doesn't blow me away. 

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 1:30 PM, fossilrock said:

This video shows the upcoming Clone Trooper Tank.  After watching this, i'm definitely more interested in picking this one up when it's out later in the summer.  Looks like a good technic oriented build, and seems to be a movie set based on episode 3's Kashyyyk battle scene.  Still, not many great sets that i'm interested in.  The luggbeast set looks good, but overall it doesn't blow me away.

Oh! the Clone Trooper Tank looks very cool...moves side to side, up and down,,,and 6 minifigures...with the walker!! my kids will definitely love this one over other ground units.

Is there any video link for AT-TE? That one looked like pretty massive too!

4 hours ago, fossilrock said:

One potential reason why Poe's X-wing doesn't' have to go away.

There are SO FEW Episode 7 vehicles to begin with.

Several people noted that there was a real lack of diversity in the film vehicles, and they've PRETTY MUCH released everything that can be made (other than an Imperial Star Destroyer which i'm convinced will be the next UCS). The lugabeast is a heck of a stretch already.

So much took place between the falcon, the ties, and the Xwings that there wasn't much else going on. No Awing, Bwing, Ywing, Interceptors, bombers, tie advanced, Cruisers, Capital Ships, etc.

Lego isn't' worried about having two Xwings on the shelf, they just want ENOUGH lego Star Wars sets on the shelf. Several folks have also commented on how few 2016 Star Wars sets exist at all.

We all know if that set was a Ywing or Bwing from the new film it would mean nothing to the Poe Xwing and they would both sell well. I think a blue x wing and the Poe X Wing will sell just as well.

Edited by mudcatsfan

48 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I'm one of those people that HAVE to collect every SW set there is . Sad but very true . 

I like  to collect all the sets based on the movies.  But, after collecting all the movie sets since 2011/12ish, i'm starting to notice i'm now hoarding quite a collection of boxes.  But still, it's a great theme to collect.

51 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

One potential reason why Poe's X-wing doesn't' have to go away.

There are SO FEW Episode 7 vehicles to begin with.

Several people noted that there was a real lack of diversity in the film vehicles, and they've PRETTY MUCH released everything that can be made (other than an Imperial Star Destroyer which i'm convinced will be the next UCS). The lugabeast is a heck of a stretch already.

So much took place between the falcon, the ties, and the Xwings that there wasn't much else going on. No Awing, Bwing, Ywing, Interceptors, bombers, tie advanced, Cruisers, Capital Ships, etc.

Lego isn't' worried about having two Xwings on the shelf, they just want ENOUGH lego Star Wars sets on the shelf. Several folks have also commented on how few 2016 Star Wars sets exist at all.

We all know if that set was a Ywing or Bwing from the new film it would mean nothing to the Poe Xwing and they would both sell well. I think a blue x wing and the Poe X Wing will sell just as well.

You could very well be right on that, but I still think it's worth hedging that it could go away, so i'm trying to get a small, but suitable stash of these in the mean time.  If they don't go away, well then i'm stuck with sets I bought too early (like last year with JW)... But, we shall see.   With how identical the two sets are, and with the set having limited availability in the stores since thanksgiving, I tend to think something is up with it.  Because the other 6 sets from that wave are not behaving in the same manner.  I can't remember when it was "available now" at lego.com.  If it was available it never was for more than a day since November.  This has a similar ring to last year with Raptor Escape.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fossilrock said:

I like  to collect all the sets based on the movies.  But, after collecting all the movie sets since 2011/12ish, i'm starting to notice i'm now hoarding quite a collection of boxes.  But still, it's a great theme to collect.

You could very well be right on that, but I still think it's worth hedging that it could go away, so i'm trying to get a small, but suitable stash of these in the mean time.  If they don't go away, well then i'm stuck with sets I bought too early (like last year with JW)... But, we shall see.   With how identical the two sets are, and with the set having limited availability in the stores since thanksgiving, I tend to think something is up with it.  Because the other 6 sets from that wave are not behaving in the same manner.  I can't remember when it was "available now" at lego.com.  If it was available it never was for more than a day since November.  This has a similar ring to last year with Raptor Escape.

Yep.  What he said x2.