Star Wars 2016

fossilrock

10 hours ago, TheOrcKing said:

Supposedly a 'leak' of the minifigure based on a character called Maz Kanata from The Force Awakens.

sKQ3c6u.png

The Pirate Transport was rumored to be in the January wave, but i'm not sure that is the case since the new poster didn't show the set that has Leia (Battle of Takodana).   I'm assuming Maz will be in the Pirate Transport, and I believe that is the first leaked image from that set..

2 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

what, buying a bunch of T-16s just for the Tusken isn't cost effective?

Funny thing is I flipped a couple of T-16s and pilots when they came out to keep the Tuskens for cheap.  There really should have been another minifigure in that set though because almost nobody cares about the T-16.

Edited by zskid00
  • Like 2

I was just surfing around but then I saw the prices of the new Star Wars sets. These are the prices for the Netherlands.

Here is the link: https://misterbricks.nl/lego/lego-star-wars/

75098 269,95 euro

75138 34,95 euro

75135 34,95 euro

75136 34,95 euro

75137 34,95 euro

75133 14,95 euro

75134 14,95 euro

Edited by ryan2222
wrong number
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, ryan2222 said:

I was just surfing around but then I saw the prices of the new Star Wars sets. These are the prices for the Netherlands.

Here is the link: https://misterbricks.nl/lego/lego-star-wars/

75098 269,95 euro

75138 34,95 euro

75135 34,95 euro

75136 34,95 euro

75137 34,95 euro

75133 14,95 euro

75134 14,95 euro

Hoth Echo Base is listed as one of the sets!  interesting.

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2015‎ ‎11‎:‎20‎:‎22‎, TheOrcKing said:

Supposedly a 'leak' of the minifigure based on a character called Maz Kanata from The Force Awakens.

Looks to match the character on the movie poster almost perfectly, though I never noticed her/it before reading this article today (slightly spoilery, but the info comes directly from JJ Abrams): http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/12/star-wars-force-awakens-lupita-nyongo-maz-kanata

22 minutes ago, brett4ve said:

Looks to match the character on the movie poster almost perfectly, though I never noticed her/it before reading this article today (slightly spoilery, but the info comes directly from JJ Abrams): http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/12/star-wars-force-awakens-lupita-nyongo-maz-kanata

Very good observation, I missed it on the poster. Probably some kind of Yoda relative, like the whole movie is about relatives to the original trilogy. Just imagine Yoda without ears and put these goggles on.

Edited by BoomBoomFlash
It is a Yoda!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So they had all of the new star wars sets in REAL (that's the name) supermarket here in Germany.

I was almost buying some... but then I could resist keeping in mind that these will be around for some time and I can find them cheaper for my personal collection.

Frankly they are alright but nothing special. I'm still intrigued by carbon freezing chamber, droid escape (most of all because of C-3PO) and the battle packs. Of which probably the rebels and empire battlepacks for battlefront are the best.

The second wave of build able figures look really great.  the kylo ren and captain plasma are awesome looking.  I think as more waves come out, they won't make for great investments but I do think the first series will do really well especially vader and previous and the vader dual pack with luke being the overall winner there.  

can't wait for the carbon freezing chamber, that looks awesome and price rumor of $30 is perfect.  

the battle of tokodana (sp?) is way over priced, i'm sorry but $60 for 400 pieces.  it's a small section of lego (an entrance basically and a stupid tree) and the mini figures which is really what makes it appealing.  but no way should it be more than $50.  

i also really like the new admiral ackbar figure. but again overpriced for what it is 646 pieces or not. 

• Like 1

If you wait a few months, Battle of Takodana will be had for the mid 40's or so.  Maybe even lower.  It will be interesting to see whats in the summer wave this year, but once those hit, I suspect many of these FA sets through the first two waves will start to fall in price.. I'm going to try and pick up the Droid Escape Pod, and those two battle packs at RRP for the personal collection around January 1st but, i'm going to wait for the others… I think many of the Force Awakens, and these winter wave sets will easily be bought at 25% or less going into next christmas season.  

The carbon freezing chamber is a bit disappointing.  I'm hoping they have some other segment in the plans for the summer 2016 wave that can be added to this set to more complete the freezing chamber scene on cloud city (like jabba's palace/rancor pit), because this set isn't complete in my opinion.  

The hoth attack set, i'll probably wait until I see the Assault on Hoth set before getting that one.  If it works with it, i'll pick some up to flush out that set.  

The obi-wan set I might buy one as an investment just to put in a longer term investment box with anakin's interceptor, the vulture droid, and the droid tri-fighter.  But, that's not a first day buy...  The others are all a bit of a pass.  After seeing the movie, even Leia's ship isn't a first day buy…  to me that's a clearance buy in 2017.  Hopefully, the summer wave has some bigger sets with the Force Awakens… who knows what they are cooking up for Rogue One or when those get released.. but with that on the horizon, I suspect the Force Awakens period of merchandise that started last September and probably will start to phase out come July has a limited 18 month retail window, IMO!

• Like 1