Star Wars 2016

fossilrock

Judging from what I see, its looking like the Carbon Freezing Chamber, and Hoth Attacks set are just small sets, and will more than likely just contain a few minifigs.  Maybe the Hoth Attacks set is an updated Wampa Cave or could simply be a larger "battle pack" add on for the rumored Hoth Rebel Base set due out on October, but that's tough to say.  Im also thinking the Droid Escape set is like the one put out a few years ago, but might contain a bantha and tusken raider.  Now after seeing price points on these, I don't think these are as exciting..

Do we really have to start talking about 2016 sets? All of the 2015 sets haven't been released!! </kidding>

The carbon freezing chamber is the only one that sounds interesting to me frankly. I hesitate to say, but unless it's a _big_ set, I'm a little bored of these small ones. Maybe the movie will reignite the fire?

Do we really have to start talking about 2016 sets? All of the 2015 sets haven't been released!! </kidding>

The carbon freezing chamber is the only one that sounds interesting to me frankly. I hesitate to say, but unless it's a _big_ set, I'm a little bored of these small ones. Maybe the movie will reignite the fire?

I'm in agreement.  I'm at the point where unless it is a large UCS style ship (that hasn't been made), or a larger exclusive set, these little sets are leaving me kinda cold.  I was really hoping for more Force Awakens sets, but it seems like they are dipping back into the same old tired and over done themes that older star wars fans have already seen countless times before.  Granted, one thing about toys is there is always a new batch of kids, so they can just serve them up rehashed stuff every few years.  

Good things come to those who wait for clearance.

If I waited for all the items I wanted to hit a clearance of any sort, my collection would be very miniscule. It does help for certain when found but never a guarantee. I guess what I am saying is if there is something you absolutely must have, it might be best not to wait especially how LEGO has played the disappearing game with Raptor Escape, Mars Rover, or The Zombies (although Raptor Escape could potentially make a return).

Here's the list for the rumored list for the 2016 Star Wars winter wave...

Microfighters Series 3

• Microfighters Hero Starfighter (75125) – EUR 9.99
  • Microfighters Villain Blue Craft (75126) – EUR 9.99
  • Microfighters The Ghost (75127) – EUR 9.99
  • Microfighters TIE Advanced Prototype (75128) – EUR 9.99
  • Microfighters Wookie Gunship (75129) – EUR 9.99
  • AT-DP (75130) – EUR 9.99

Ah, so we are getting The Ghost Microfighter! I can't imagine it being much different than the Comic-Con version aside from some possible slight design changes (seems doubtful though honestly) and who will be included. Please be Hera. She's hot. I mean cool! ....Whatever. I don't care.

• Like 1

Here's the list for the rumored list for the 2016 Star Wars winter wave...

Battle Character Builds

• Star Wars (75113) – EUR 19.99
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Stormtrooper Buildable Figure (75114) – $19.99
  • Star Wars (75116) – EUR 24.99
  • Star Wars (75116) – EUR 24.99
  • Star Wars (75117) – EUR 24.99
  • Star Wars (75118) – EUR 24.99

Microfighters Series 3

• Microfighters Hero Starfighter (75125) – EUR 9.99
  • Microfighters Villain Blue Craft (75126) – EUR 9.99
  • Microfighters The Ghost (75127) – EUR 9.99
  • Microfighters TIE Advanced Prototype (75128) – EUR 9.99
  • Microfighters Wookie Gunship (75129) – EUR 9.99
  • AT-DP (75130) – EUR 9.99

Battle Packs

• Episode 7: The Force Awakens Heroes Battle Pack (75131) – EUR 16.99
  • Episode 7: The Force Awakens Villains Battle Pack (75132) – EUR 16.99
  • Galactic Empire Battle Pack (75134) – EUR 16.99
  • Rebels Battle Pack (75133) – EUR 16.99

Regular Sets

• Obi-Wan’s Jedi Interceptor (75135) – EUR 29.99
  • Droid Escape Pod (75136) – EUR 29.99
  • Carbon Freezing Chamber (75137) – EUR 29.99
  • Hoth Attack (75138) – EUR 29.99 TVC 2 (75140) – EUR 69.99
  • Kanan Speeder Bike (75141) – EUR 29.99 

----

Judging from what I see, its looking like the Carbon Freezing Chamber, and Hoth Attacks set are just small sets, and will more than likely just contain a few minifigs.  Maybe the Hoth Attacks set is an updated Wampa Cave or could simply be a larger "battle pack" add on for the rumored Hoth Rebel Base set due out on October, but that's tough to say.  Im also thinking the Droid Escape set is like the one put out a few years ago, but might contain a bantha and tusken raider.  Now after seeing price points on these, I don't think these are as exciting..

looks like the battle packs are getting major price bump!!!!!!

Ah, so we are getting The Ghost Microfighter! I can't imagine it being much different than the Comic-Con version aside from some possible slight design changes (seems doubtful though honestly) and who will be included. Please be Hera. She's hot. I mean cool! ....Whatever. I don't care.

I did not know Twi' Lek's natural charm has an effect on Orcs-kind as well :P

• Like 1

If I waited for all the items I wanted to hit a clearance of any sort, my collection would be very miniscule. It does help for certain when found but never a guarantee. I guess what I am saying is if there is something you absolutely must have, it might be best not to wait especially how LEGO has played the disappearing game with Raptor Escape, Mars Rover, or The Zombies (although Raptor Escape could potentially make a return).

I agree and I don't wait on many, but there are definitely those that I don't stock up on until they hit clearance prices.  I think TFA will be in your clearance aisle, although the Millennium Falcon will sell fast and furious this year.

• Like 1

I don't' buy the prices. When does lego (or any other provider of goods) EVER release a wave where all but one set have the same price?

They always have sets at each price point. That's retail 101. 

I think someone entered these as a guess, or just to fill it out, or maybe it's just a placeholder.

Those won't be the actual prices, and we should not infer anything about the size of the sets from them.

Just my opinion

I don't' buy the prices. When does lego (or any other provider of goods) EVER release a wave where all but one set have the same price?

They always have sets at each price point. That's retail 101. 

I think someone entered these as a guess, or just to fill it out, or maybe it's just a placeholder.

Those won't be the actual prices, and we should not infer anything about the size of the sets from them.

Just my opinion

Traditionally the winter waves are when most of the cheaper sets are released, so I think it does have some validity to it.  At least that has been the case the last 3 years, since 2013.  Granted, they have put out sets like Rancor Pit, AT-AP, Wookie Gunship, and some other larger sets, but usually it's smaller sets that are in these waves.  So, I think it's accurate, and wouldn't be shocked if those are the prices.

There is a certain thrill to getting the items when they come out, but don't they all usually hit a discount on Amazon significantly before EOL?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Don't know if this has been posted so, apologies if it has.

From GrooveBricks:

If you might recall, not long ago a list of the LEGO Star Wars Winter 2016 sets was leaked by the crew over at MintinBox. Though preliminary, this list seemed very promising. There hasn’t been much talk about these sets since then, however, Eurobricks user Hulk_Smash has broken the silence  and thanks to him we now have some valuable information regarding some of these sets.

First off, we have some details regarding the Bespin Carbon Freezing Chamber set. According to Hulk_Smash, the set itself will be composed of a stair and a platform. It might seem boring and plain, but if you think back to the scenes in which the chamber was shown, the dark floor and steps with orange lights looked amazing and very Star Wars-y. LEGO could perfectly pull an unexpected move and amaze us with a cool replica of said design. Regarding the minifigures, Hulk_Smash says we will be getting Boba Fett, a frozen Han, and an Ugnaught. Yes, you read that right, we are indeed getting an Ugnaught!

In regards to the Battlefront Battle Packs, we are indeed getting a Rebel pack and an Empire pack. The Rebel’s comes with a speeder and 4 rebels, one of which is a rodian. Similarly, the Empire pack also comes with 4 Stormtroopers, however, Hulk_Smash is not sure if they are new variants or if they are just regular stormies.

Moving on, Hulk_Smash also talked about the new Hoth Attack set. He says it’ll be a smaller version of the one we got a couple of years ago and it will come with a couple of troopers of both sides. He also stated that there will be a Probe Droid included.

Another set that was mentioned was the new Droid Escape. Hulk_Smash says it will be a bit less curved than the previous, will be composed out of more than just a few big pieces, and will have two Jawas along with R2 and 3PO.

Finally, Hulk_Smash also went on to talk about the new Obi-Wan Starfighter. The starfighter will be the usual Episode III one, the only major difference is that its color will be red. It will also include Obi-Wan himself along with R4.

That is basically all the information we have right now regarding the new Winter 2016 Star Wars sets.

• Like 2

Finally, Hulk_Smash also went on to talk about the new Obi-Wan Starfighter. The starfighter will be the usual Episode III one, the only major difference is that its color will be red. It will also include Obi-Wan himself along with R4.

Just when the poor UCS Obi-Wan Starfighter starting to increase in value.. BAM here comes the system version.  

Btw, the standard color for Jedi Starfighters is red.  The yellow one is Anakin's custom paintjob

Just when the poor UCS Obi-Wan Starfighter starting to increase in value.. BAM here comes the system version.  

Btw, the standard color for Jedi Starfighters is red.  The yellow one is Anakin's custom paintjob

I believe that these are 2 different designs. The UCS, if I am not mistaken, is the triangular Episode 2 Starfighter, whereas this will be the interceptor that Obi-Wan wrecks at the beginning of Episode 3, not to be confused with the blue one that he flies to Utapau later in Episode 3. The biggest impact I would expect would be on the Ultimate space battle set from 2005 which was the only other time Obi-Wan's red Jedi Interceptor was released.

Another set that was mentioned was the new Droid Escape. Hulk_Smash says it will be a bit less curved than the previous, will be composed out of more than just a few big pieces, and will have two Jawas along with R2 and 3PO.

I have inadvertently collected each iteration of the Droid Escape starting with the original back in 1999 and so this new one will be bought just as well. Besides I need a bunch of those droid zapping midgets. Um, I mean 'vertically challenged individuals'. For the Starfighter, I would hazard a guess it will be based on this one. I didn't get the old one back in 2002 nor the blue Interceptor with a hyper-drive booster ring released in 2007 so perhaps this one will do.

Ok, it seems way too soon for another Spider Droid and A-wing as those just went out of production less than a year ago.  I would gladly welcome a UCS Snowspeeder though since I missed everything prior to the Imperial Shuttle for my personal collection.

Edited by zskid00
  • Like 1