Star Wars 2016

fossilrock

6 minutes ago, Val-E said:

We should be getting pics quite soon - some of the PPC´s are simlar to TFA Tie and X Wing so let´s see what happens. The longer there is no proof of a new AT AT or ISD, the better it gets for me.

I regret not picking up some ISD's. Seems like this will be a major winner.

39 minutes ago, Brickbuilder.g said:

What is release date on these for US?

I thought they were in june..

My bet is those freemaker sets will be going for half off at next years walmart clearance.  I'm still convinced this is the weakest summer wave in at least 5 years.  Rogue One will obviously set things back on track.  Really the only set i'll get for my boy is the Jakku set with Unkar Plutt.  And maybe i'll just buy a Dengar minifig online, if the price is decent enough. The rest are just a pass.

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 8:53 AM, exciter1 said:

Via LEGOLAND Deutschland - Are you ready to hunt?

So with the AoH set, the recently announced 75158 Frigate and this lot which includes another X Wing, which is only different by its colour. I'd say overall that the 2016 has not been a vintage year for Star Wars Lego.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, giannini78 said:

So with the AoH set, the recently announced 75158 Frigate and this lot which includes another X Wing, which is only different by its colour. I'd say overall that the 2016 has not been a vintage year for Star Wars Lego.

Suits me fine, the older sets will gain in value. Also they may make the new DS seem even better - let´s see.

8 hours ago, giannini78 said:

I tend to agree with your assessment, as the winter wave was kinda "meh", and this summer wave is equally "meh", but I think we need to see the Rouge One sets before calling it a total fail for the year.  I have some hope those 5 sets will be decent, new and fresh to the lineup.

On 5/6/2016 at 5:16 AM, c_rpg said:

I regret not picking up some ISD's. Seems like this will be a major winner.

On 5/6/2016 at 5:07 AM, Val-E said:

The longer there is no proof of a new AT AT or ISD, the better it gets for me.

So many focused on the AT-AT and I think based on the lower price point, it rose in aftermarket price much quicker after clearance season than the ISD. At the end of the day, the ISD is a bigger, more significant set, and it has Vader. The AT-AT is very tall, but there's not as many bricks, figures or 'heft'. I think the ISD is potentially a BIG winner if it turns out to have been less hoarded and/or produced than the AT-AT.

I also feel like the At-At has a better chance of being re-released for Rogue 1, and of course, re-release trumps pretty much any other factor.

On the devil's advocate side, i think it's MUCH more likely someone would want 2 AT-ATs for their display than multiples ISD's. 

I think both the AT-AT and ISD will have a release again within the next two years.  While I don't think either will be in the Rogue One Force Friday waves, since the price points for those sets are 90.00 or lower, I wouldn't discount seeing at least one by next years summer wave.

Next september we will have the Episode 8 initial releases, and I don't see either happening in those, so that leaves the Winter and Summer waves of 2017 for one or both showing up.  However, I bet the AT-AT's in Rogue One will not come with snowtroopers, and could be slightly different.