Star Wars 2016

fossilrock

1 minute ago, c_rpg said:

I guess most people already know what is coming and what is not. I think there are some people with leftover X-Wings, AT-AT's and Y-Wings which are going to be very happy this christmas.

And some will disappointed (like me) who were hoping they'd take a wee tumble in value so they could pick them at a bargain :)

1 minute ago, Alpinemaps said:

I keep my kids in bubbles.  They just saw A New Hope last year.  I'm making them wait until 2018 to see Empire.  :P

We've watched 7, 1, 2, 3 and 4 in the last 4 weeks. I can't wait to pull out 5 and 6!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

All losers, by 2018 kids are going to ask for Luke & Rey related sets and by 2020 Rogue One is nothing but distance memory :P

Agreed. Maybe I'll change my mind after seeing the movie. If I bought one it would be the AT-ST just because I don't own one yet. Will add a chewy to it and put it in my EV display.

6 minutes ago, gregpj said:

And some will disappointed (like me) who were hoping they'd take a wee tumble in value so they could pick them at a bargain :)

We've watched 7, 1, 2, 3 and 4 in the last 4 weeks. I can't wait to pull out 5 and 6!

It will suck for my kids when I make them wait 16 years between Jedi and 1.

• Like 2

Haha... one thing that's good to know is that the U-wing has wings that do fold back into an alternate position. 

Although, Director Krennics vehicle looks pretty much like a cross between a Imperial Shuttle and Kylo's Shuttle.  But, of course, if you want him, and K2SO you have to shill out 99.99 plus tax for a vehicle that looks just the same as last years Force Awakens vehicle.

At first glance nothing really takes my breath away, AT-ST maybe, but more disappointed there is no updated AT-AT...

I wonder if rouge one at-at could still be introduced later (wave 2) if there is one.

At-st possible for me as I don't have one of any kind (not counting the polybag)

5 minutes ago, bricker123 said:

I wonder if rouge one at-at could still be introduced later (wave 2) if there is one.

At-st possible for me as I don't have one of any kind (not counting the polybag)

It´s probable. They maybe want to push the new ships and characters for this Xmas and leave the originals for next. We saw the disaster that was Kylo Ren´s last time around when competing with MF and Xwing.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1

Fixed it for you.

Investment wise of course, but I'm still fan of building sets as well as making money from them. IMO There's nothing worst then seeing newly designed sets from a wave you ordinarily love and not one blows you away, at least with an AT AT I would have looked forward to a day one purchase for my personal collection. Based on the pics I will probably let this wave pass me by.

6 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

Investment wise of course, but I'm still fan of building sets as well as making money from them. IMO There's nothing worst then seeing newly designed sets from a wave you ordinarily love and not one blows you away, at least with an AT AT I would have looked forward to a day one purchase for my personal collection. Based on the pics I will probably let this wave pass me by.

All the more reason to look forward to the first new DS in 8 years!

All the more reason to look forward to the first new DS in 8 years!

Absolutely! I've got a handful of 10188 in the loft, and I know my investment head should be praying that the new DS is dud or at least different enough that it will see 10188 go through the roof, but my Lego head says screw that, I want to see another ground breaking Star Wars set that I can't wait to build on day one!! And I guess that's how I feel about the absence of the AT AT in this wave...
  • Like 1

Haha... one thing that's good to know is that the U-wing has wings that do fold back into an alternate position. 

Although, Director Krennics vehicle looks pretty much like a cross between a Imperial Shuttle and Kylo's Shuttle.  But, of course, if you want him, and K2SO you have to shill out 99.99 plus tax for a vehicle that looks just the same as last years Force Awakens vehicle.

It will be $50 or less before you know it.

1 hour ago, bricker123 said:

There was a leaked set list from a german site a few weeks back that stated the January wave sets.  If you go to the Star Wars 2017 page in this forum, it lists the rumored sets.  There's only one more Rouge One set listed that comes with 3 minifigures, then there are 2 battle packs.  One battle pack is a rebels pack, and the others is the imperials pack which I think will have either shoretroopers, and deathtroopers.

I think with just one more Rouge One set in January that means the AT-AT remake is more than likely safe, until the Summer wave which traditionally has bigger sets.  However, with Episode 8 due out in December, and then the Han Solo movie coming out in May 2018, that leaves a limited time period to see more Rouge One and Force Awakens sets, along with Prequel and OT sets.   From the rumors, we will see a UCS Snowspeeder, 4 new microfighters, 2 rogue one battle packs, 4 new OT sets, 1 prequel set, along with 2 new rebel sets in January.  No force awakens sets were rumored, although there could be a few store exclusives that haven't been announced..

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

It will be $50 or less before you know it.

I agree.  

I plan on buying something on force friday though.  I remember last years insanity at at a Toys R Us.  There were like 100 in line, and I was in the back of the line.  It was like ravenous vultures, when they opened the doors, and within seconds all the hasbro figures were snatched up in seconds, but they had a lot of the new lego sets, and I sat there for 10 minutes figuring out what to buy.  Anyway, I purchased Kylo's ship.  They did have a 20% discount going at that time that I was able to use, so I got it cheaper than retail.  I'll probably buy the U-wing on opening day.  We always gun for one, and then try to buy the rest of the wave on discount as they start to roll on.  

I can already see the Tie Striker, and Tank going on deep clearance and being sold at 25% off on amazon a month or two after the movie is out.

Edited by fossilrock

Just now, fossilrock said:

I agree.  

I plan on buying something on force friday though.  I remember last years insanity at at a Toys R Us.  There were like 100 in line, and I was in the back of the line.  It was like ravenous vultures, when they opened the doors, and within seconds all the hasbro figures were snatched up in seconds, but they had a lot of lego sets, and I sat there for 10 minutes figuring out what to buy.  Anyway, I purchased Kylo's ship.  They did have a 20% discount going at that time that I was able to use, so I got it cheaper than retail.  I'll probably buy the U-wing on opening day.  We always gun for one, and then try to buy the rest of the wave on discount as they start to roll.  

I can already see the Tie Striker, and Tank going on deep clearance and being sold at 25% off on amazon a month or two after the movie is out.

The U-Wing is my favorite of the lot, besides the AT-ST.  I'm curious to see it's underbelly though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

The U-Wing is my favorite of the lot, besides the AT-ST.  I'm curious to see it's underbelly though.

Agreed.  I think that is the first day buy for us this year.  Judging from the pictures that were released a few days ago it looks like it's the most interesting and solid of the line.  Now that I can confirm via those pictures that the wings move back and lock into position, and it also looks like the underbelly has Bistan as a gunner, just like the video showed in the Celebration promo.  So, I think it's going to be a good set and authentic to the actual model. 

It looks like if you want all the rebel infiltrators, you have to buy 4 of the 5 sets.  The Tie Striker is the only set that doesn't have a main character, so that set can get discounted 50% before I'll jump on it.   That will be like the FO Snowspeeder set, where i'll wait for the clearance before getting it.  

The only main characters that haven't been shown in a set would be Darth Vader and Saw Gerrera.  Wonder if either are in the January wave set.

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 1

Agreed.  I think that is the first day buy for us this year.  Judging from the pictures that were released a few days ago it looks like it's the most interesting and solid of the line.  Now that I can confirm via those pictures that the wings move back and lock into position, and it also looks like the underbelly has Bistan as a gunner, just like the video showed in the Celebration promo.  So, I think it's going to be a good set and authentic to the actual model. 

It looks like if you want all the rebel infiltrators, you have to buy 4 of the 5 sets.  The Tie Striker is the only set that doesn't have a main character, so that set can get discounted 50% before I'll jump on it.   That will be like the FO Snowspeeder set, where i'll wait for the clearance before getting it.  

The only main characters that haven't been shown in a set would be Darth Vader and Saw Gerrera.  Wonder if either are in the January wave set.

I'll have to see the U-Wing in person. Based on the pictures it looks like an A-Wing and Y-Wing mashed together in some strange Kama sutra-esque position with a weird color scheme.
  • Like 1