Star Wars 2016

fossilrock

1 minute ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Ugh non-armored humans never look right as buildable fig (Jyn Erso)

Jup exactly my thoughts. They should keep it limited to stormtroopers, droids, etc. I think all human buildable figures look pretty bad, but in this case the face looks especially out of place.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

Jup exactly my thoughts. They should keep it limited to stormtroopers, droids, etc. I think all human buildable figures look pretty bad, but in this case the face looks especially out of place.

Yeah the unarmored people look like crap compared to the droids and armored characters. 

Edited by California92563

First - Amazon France, and Hothbricks are not official sources.  LEGO still has not released the photos in an official capacity.  Stop posting the photos prematurely, or we will start issuing warnings.

Second - if you have a complaint about something being posted, alert the mods.  We'll take care of it.  Despite our appearance of being omniscient, we do have jobs and lives.  Give us a more than 10 minutes to hide posts.

Bottom line - we don't want to kill the chill vibe we've got here.  I know we're all excited to see this stuff.  So, be cool, okay?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

First - Amazon France, and Hothbricks are not official sources.  LEGO still has not released the photos in an official capacity.  Stop posting the photos prematurely, or we will start issuing warnings.

Second - if you have a complaint about something being posted, alert the mods.  We'll take care of it.  Despite our appearance of being omniscient, we do have jobs and lives.  Give us a more than 10 minutes to hide posts.

Bottom line - we don't want to kill the chill vibe we've got here.  I know we're all excited to see this stuff.  So, be cool, okay?

I want to complain about your tone mr. 

2 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

Woops sorry my bad, hothbricks title was a bit misleading ("official images are now available").

It's a tough one ... When a big player like Amazon (in this case FR) post the pictures we never know if it's official or not. Everyone wants to be the "first" to post the big news (not referring to you, more referring to Hoth Bricks) without checking or thinking if they should. It's an unfortunate side effect of the modern internet in a lot of ways.

In these cases, we like to let @Jeff Mack and @Ed Mack make the call.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

Woops sorry my bad, hothbricks title was a bit misleading ("official images are now available").

3 minutes ago, boxofcorey said:

Brothers Brick has had them posted for a few hours, what makes the photos officially released? Posted by LEGO social media?

Not trying to cause a problem, just wondering.

3 minutes ago, gregpj said:

It's a tough one ... When a big player like Amazon (in this case FR) post the pictures we never know if it's official or not. Everyone wants to be the "first" to post the big news (not referring to you, more referring to Hoth Bricks) without checking or thinking if they should. It's an unfortunate side effect of the modern internet in a lot of ways.

In these cases, we like to let @Jeff Mack and @Ed Mack make the call.

What @gregpj said.  We've seen even the big players pull off images that they've posted, especially the "smaller" Amazons (like Italy or France).  No reason for us to get a takedown notice with everyone else.  There are plenty of places to see the leaked images.  We have tons of time to talk about the sets, and their investment potential, after we see something official come from LEGO (or some news source that LEGO has released the images too, as was the case last month with Comic Con items).

Feel free to talk about about what you saw, and whether there are any investment winners (or losers) in the bunch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alpinemaps said:

What @gregpj said.  We've seen even the big players pull off images that they've posted, especially the "smaller" Amazons (like Italy or France).  No reason for us to get a takedown notice with everyone else.  There are plenty of places to see the leaked images.  We have tons of time to talk about the sets, and their investment potential, after we see something official come from LEGO (or some news source that LEGO has released the images too, as was the case last month with Comic Con items).

Feel free to talk about about what you saw, and whether there are any investment winners (or losers) in the bunch.

I think it's also worth mentioning that given all the talk we've had in other threads about LEGO protecting it's IP (or not), the general consensus is that LEGO is likely trying to keep a lid on sets that will be knocked off... We don't want to contribute to that.

Krennic's imperial shuttle is a big L.O.S.E.R. in my opinion. The general shape is right, but the side wings are way short and it suffers from not being studless construction. Kind of sad... it's a nice looking ship even if not very Star Warsy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Good point. Now that you mention it, amazon.fr also used the leaked series 16 minifigure photos for their product page, so I guess they aren't a reliable source at all.

About the sets:

I guess most people already know what is coming and what is not. I think there are some people with leftover X-Wings, AT-AT's and Y-Wings who are going to be very happy this christmas.

Edited by c_rpg
  • Like 2