Star Wars 2016

fossilrock

Sounds like that is prominent across the country at walmarts.  I don't understand why they can't train their employees to read "do not put out until the 30th"..  In the end, it just sets a bad precedence when someone thinks they can buy these, since they are out on the store shelves, and they take them up to the cash register, not knowing about force friday, and then are rejected by a computer.  In the end it just makes walmart look bad.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

I consider myself a WalMart connoisseur, so I can confidently say that WalMart doesn't really care about looking bad; especially if it's comparing itself to it's patrons.

I dont have walmart, either, it's just frustrating at times with them.  A majority of us on this board, probably generate a lot of our profits from buying walmart clearance items so I don't hate the business, but I do hate how they have to take precautions on their inventory and point of sales system to lock out potential sales, because their employees cant be trained properly to keep the items in the back.  In the end, I think if it's put out on the store floor, the sale should go through.  It's not the customers fault at that point, but pinpoints a failure within their system, when employees put out stock that need to be left in the back until a certain date.

45 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I dont have walmart, either, it's just frustrating at times with them.  A majority of us on this board, probably generate a lot of our profits from buying walmart clearance items so I don't hate the business, but I do hate how they have to take precautions on their inventory and point of sales system to lock out potential sales, because their employees cant be trained properly to keep the items in the back.  In the end, I think if it's put out on the store floor, the sale should go through.  It's not the customers fault at that point, but pinpoints a failure within their system, when employees put out stock that need to be left in the back until a certain date.

I think this happens because employees likely receive little direction from their immediate supervisors who receive little direction from their immediate managers... etc.

I wonder how many products they receive have "do not sell until" dates on them though? I would bet LEGO and Video Games might be one of the few products with hard street dates like that. When you're unloading thousands of boxes and stocking shelves in a place like Walmart, to have a few outliers isn't the easiest to manage. Hence my comment in the first line ... management needs to ensure it doesn't happen. It would be pretty simple to have a place off to the side where these products could live and daily someone could check if any are due to put out.

But that requires effort and planning. Something probably lacking by the employee and manager responsible for stock in the back.

1 hour ago, fossilrock said:

In the end, I think if it's put out on the store floor, the sale should go through.  It's not the customers fault at that point, but pinpoints a failure within their system

Totally agree. I had this happen with some Hot Wheels SW stuff (this was after last years force friday too), and some World of Nintendo figures just the other day. However each time the employees just manually entered a price/upc and sold it.

I've seen all the Rogue One stuff in pretty much every WM I've been to in the past few days, but haven't tried to buy anything (only looking for the AT-ST and i'll get that from LEGO Shop at Home). However i have heard/seen people getting denied sale on items like these, if it's on the floor, and has a price tag, it should be purchasable.

1 minute ago, TANV said:

Whoa. They let you purchase that? Niiiice.

Yeah I was there at just the right time. They were stocking the shelves and I was dumbstruck when I saw 4 of them sitting right on the shelf so I grabbed one and went right up to the cs desk and amazingly I was able to buy it. After I bought it I went back to double check if anything else was there and they were already pulled off the shelves haha. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, California92563 said:

Yeah I was there at just the right time. They were stocking the shelves and I was dumbstruck when I saw 4 of them sitting right on the shelf so I grabbed one and went right up to the cs desk and amazingly I was able to buy it. After I bought it I went back to double check if anything else was there and they were already pulled off the shelves haha. 

Please give a 1 to 2 paragraph review after your done.  I'd like to hear a BPers thought on this one...

On 9/27/2016 at 11:25 PM, fossilrock said:

Please give a 1 to 2 paragraph review after your done.  I'd like to hear a BPers thought on this one...

On 9/27/2016 at 11:31 PM, California92563 said:

Sure! I'll post it here when I'm done. 

Or throw it staight on ebay for mental money.... sure you only need to wait til friday for another...LOL

From your list I would make the Sandcrawler a priority since it could be gone very soon and prices may rise quickly out of the gate.  The IST is a close second since you can get it for a good discount now and it should be wiped out before the end of the year.  The MF and Poe's X-wing should last into 2017, but you never know.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

From your list I would make the Sandcrawler a priority since it could be gone very soon and prices may rise quickly out of the gate.  The IST is a close second since you can get it for a good discount now and it should be wiped out before the end of the year.  The MF and Poe's X-wing should last into 2017, but you never know.

What is the IST? I've seen it before but I keep forgetting what it stands for.

16 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

Did I miss the SAH sale list?  Or are you talking about another retailer?

The IST was for sale for around 76.00 at LEGO Shop at Home but that was on may the 4th.  I don't think it's been on sale since then, other than at the other retailers. Still, you can pick it up around that price today on many of those sites.  Although, it might be starting to rise a little as stock dwindles. 

Just now, fossilrock said:

The IST was for sale for around 76.00 at LEGO Shop at Home but that was on may the 4th.  I don't think it's been on sale since then, other than at the other retailers. Still, you can pick it up around that price today on many of those sites.  Although, it might be starting to rise a little as stock dwindles. 

I figured he was thinking about Force Friday sale purchasing.  I assume there will be some sort of SAH SW sales.  Am I incorrect?

2 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Kmart.com now has it at a sale price of $85 and you can use $10 coupons on that to bring it down to $75, before other points and coupons as well.