71014 - Minifigures - DFB German Football Team

TheOrcKing

image.jpeg

Can sealed Lego minifigure carton boxes and display boxes be tampered with?

Apparently you can use a hairdryer to loosen the tape at the bottom, and change the contents of the box, before resealing again.

A german BL seller told me that he's going to open his cartons before selling them to me because he wants to make sure they are all legit

Edited by Nawoo

5 hours ago, Nawoo said:

Can sealed Lego minifigure carton boxes and display boxes be tampered with?

Yes. As you can see, there is just a slight difference where the original glue was. I don't think it's possible to notice after retaping. And I know how the person faked the "don't put on shelf" label. He didn't. Temper the upper stripe, remove the label, put label on box, retape. Done

20160530_181928.jpg

ladies and gentlemen:

DymEe.gif

Edited by antics

3 minutes ago, Nawoo said:

All of a sudden, random sealed bags look a safer bet eh? Haha

unless those can be tampered with too? 

With Löw smooshed out? Lego, risky business...

Let's see if I can find a way to reweld bags... :ninja:

30 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

increase the set demand resulting in much higher prices...

The price might increase more short-term because of that, yes - but overall I'd say the figures' appeal does NOT primarily have to do with Euro 2016 (and whether they win it all or not), but in general with the national soccer team itself. So, in 2 years the set's value will be more or less the same - with or without a Championship imo.

16 minutes ago, wotguvnotmeguv said:

Marco Reus is in the set, but out of the squad.

Can't decide if this is good or bad news for the future interest in his figure.

Kramer and Kruse are also out of the squad. So a fifth of LEGO team is out of the squad.

I guess there is no second batch. Tomorrow my minifigures will receive which I`ve ordered after they were listet as sold out at shop@h.

I`m very excited about the codes.

Edited by OrangeChiliPeP

A final victory in France won't do much to increase the value of this set. 

Don't forget they are the current World Champions and that they have become world champion with almost the same players. 

32 minutes ago, wotguvnotmeguv said:

Marco Reus is in the set, but out of the squad.

Can't decide if this is good or bad news for the future interest in his figure.

I don't think it really matters... the big value will always be in having a full set of figures and he's part of the set.

As a big footballfan & follower, both of national, european & international competitions, here's my my view:

If we look at the German results in both the Euro & Worldcup championship of the last few years:

Euro 2008 2nd place. 

WC 2010 3th place. 

Euro 2012 lost in semifinals

WC 2014 World champions. 

In the last 8 years they have been one of the biggest teams in the world, being feared and admired by all adversaries all across the world. 

A win in the Euro 2016 will only add a tiny small boost in their already high popularity. 

An example to compare this:

Leicester will have gained a huge amount of followers and popularity after their surprise premier league title this year. 

Real Madrid however, won the Champions League for the 11th time this year, a true milestone. 

They won't see a huge boost in followers and popularity however, because their fanbase is already huge and established. 

I cannot agree with that. When the Germans wins the EC then EVERYBODY here in Germany will have this set because the main players are all there in the squad...

(I am not a German fan as I'm born in Poland and rather cheer on Lewandowski ;-) So I'm quite objective...)

Edited by mauro23

6 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

...because the main players are all there in the squad...

World cup 2014 Germany squad who played in the finals:

GK 1 Manuel Neuer
RB 16 Philipp Lahm (c)
CB 20 Jérôme Boateng
CB 5 Mats Hummels
LB 4 Benedikt Höwedes Booked 34'
CM 23 Christoph Kramer   Substituted off 31'
CM 7 Bastian Schweinsteiger Booked 29'
CM 18 Toni Kroos
RW 13 Thomas Müller
LW 8 Mesut Özil   Substituted off 120'
CF 11 Miroslav Klose   Substituted off 88'
Substitutions:
FW 9 André Schürrle   Substituted in 31'
MF 19 Mario Götze   Substituted in 88'
DF 17 Per Mertesacker   Substituted in 120'
Manager:
Joachim Löw

hello,

a few days ago I sent a message to TLCs customer support about 71014 DFB minfigure series and if they will return at shop@h.

Today I received my answer:

" Es tut mir leid, dass ich Sie enttäuschen muss: Wir stellen die LEGO® Minifiguren "71014 DFB – Die Mannschaft" leider nicht mehr her. "

"We are sorry to disappoint you: The Lego minigures 71014 DFB - Die Mannschaft isn`t produced anymore."

• Like 2

Just now, OrangeChiliPeP said:

hello,

a few days ago I sent a message to TLCs customer support about 71014 DFB minfigure series and if they will return at shop@h.

Today I received my answer:

" Es tut mir leid, dass ich Sie enttäuschen muss: Wir stellen die LEGO00ae.png Minifiguren "71014 DFB – Die Mannschaft" leider nicht mehr her. "

"We are sorry to disappoint you: The Lego minigures 71014 DFB - Die Mannschaft isn`t produced anymore."

Happy to have 44 boxes in reserve... ;-)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mauro23 said:

Totally gone from S&H...

You can still find them if you search "71014".  It says "page not found" if you actually click on them but the search still just says "Sold Out" status

Edited by JLEW700

Re: would/wouldn't EC championship make a difference to popularity. 

Yes they have already won the WC but following that up with the EC 2 years later would cement their legendary status and cement the idea of them being "The Team"

One would imagine that would have a knock on effect on any memoribilia associated with them.