71014 - Minifigures - DFB German Football Team

TheOrcKing

17 hours ago, JLEW700 said:

Probably just means that they're currently trying to round up whatever inventory they can right now.  Doubt that they'll be making more though.

I find that hard to believe. Lego knows exactly how much stock they have. Every box is numbered and they know exactly where it is. It's not like they are scrounging together some boxes just to have enough to make it worthwile putting them back online. Either they have a bunch of stock sitting there waiting or they are making a second run as we speak.

The fact that they changed the status from sold out to toos implies the latter. I'm sure they have received plenty of calls from toy stores asking them to do just that.

As people have mentioned before the ec has not even started yet, so demand will only increase. So what if 1 or 2 minifigs don't match the current selection anymore? It's not like anyone is going to care about that.

17 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

I find that hard to believe. Lego knows exactly how much stock they have. Every box is numbered and they know exactly where it is. It's not like they are scrounging together some boxes just to have enough to make it worthwile putting them back online. Either they have a bunch of stock sitting there waiting or they are making a second run as we speak.

The fact that they changed the status from sold out to toos implies the latter. I'm sure they have received plenty of calls from toy stores asking them to do just that.

As people have mentioned before the ec has not even started yet, so demand will only increase. So what if 1 or 2 minifigs don't match the current selection anymore? It's not like anyone is going to care about that.

If TLG's plan really was to do a second run (be it 3 weeks ago, now or in 4 weeks) why did they not take new pre-orders from all the shops they had delivered with figures from the first run? Instead everybody I spoke to said "They told us we cannot order any more boxes, everything has been delivered." No one said anything about the possibility to pre-order a new batch. Would TLG want to distribute a second run exclusively through their own stores and website? If so, why didn't they do the exact thing with the first run? The stock would have lasted much longer, maybe even until the start of the Championship. Instead they chose to sell all the figures as fast as possible... I'm not saying that a second run is completely impossible, it's just that no definite sign points in that direction. And they knew about the demand 6 months ago already, when shops did their orders - so why wait half a year to do a second run? I think it's a one-and-done deal involving at least two big external licensing partners that you cannot just call today and ask if it is OK to produce more - then you get the OK and tomorrow you start the machines. Maybe even adidas could have a say in terms of: "We don't want our 2016 Jersey to be used on figures that are sold AFTER the Championship is over because that's not our product strategy".

I had a call with Frankfurt now - they have got 30 full boxes of the minifigs with today delivery. Asking for further boxes they have said that currently no further delivery is planned so far...

This means that also the online store is simply waiting for a delivery from other storage location.

4 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

If TLG's plan really was to do a second run (be it 3 weeks ago, now or in 4 weeks) why did they not take new pre-orders from all the shops they had delivered with figures from the first run? Instead everybody I spoke to said "They told us we cannot order any more boxes, everything has been delivered." No one said anything about the possibility to pre-order a new batch. Would TLG want to distribute a second run exclusively through their own stores and website? If so, why didn't they do the exact thing with the first run? The stock would have lasted much longer, maybe even until the start of the Championship. Instead they chose to sell all the figures as fast as possible... I'm not saying that a second run is completely impossible, it's just that no definite sign points in that direction. And they knew about the demand 6 months ago already, when shops did their orders - so why wait half a year to do a second run? I think it's a one-and-done deal involving at least two big external licensing partners that you cannot just call today and ask if it is OK to produce more - then you get the OK and tomorrow you start the machines. Maybe even adidas could have a say in terms of: "We don't want our 2016 Jersey to be used on figures that are sold AFTER the Championship is over because that's not our product strategy".

Maybe they have taken additional pre-orders, but only for the big players? I have heard the same story about limited availability from some smaller toy stores, but I'm not sure the same applies to big stores. I don't agree that they already knew about the demand 6 months ago either. Obviously toy stores were surprised by the demand as this thing exploded on social media. A lot of them even increased prices to 3.99€ in order to take advantage of this unexpected demand.

I'm not saying there's a definite sign either - there rarely is. You could also be right about the licensing difficulties.

One point people are missing is there's a bigger incentive than a few million euros profit for TLG. If the DFB series gets widespread popularity it will increase the demand for future series even further.

1 hour ago, c_rpg said:

Obviously Lego knows what kind of inventory they have and where it is but Im saying it still takes time to pull it together.  Also, selling online or in a Lego store offers the largest margins so why wouldn't it be worth putting stock online?  You should defiantly hold out for that second run though.

Edited by JLEW700

3 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

Maybe they have taken additional pre-orders, but only for the big players? I have heard the same story about limited availability from some smaller toy stores, but I'm not sure the same applies to big stores. I don't agree that they already knew about the demand 6 months ago either. Obviously toy stores were surprised by the demand as this thing exploded on social media. A lot of them even increased prices to 3.99€ in order to take advantage of this unexpected demand.

I'm not saying there's a definite sign either - there rarely is. You could also be right about the licensing difficulties.

One point people are missing is there's a bigger incentive than a few million euros profit for TLG. If the DFB series gets widespread popularity it will increase the demand for future series even further.

The online listing from ToysRUs, MyToys, Karstadt have been removed already... Müller and LEGO store mentioned that no further deliveries will come in.

Which signs do you still need? ;-)

14 minutes ago, JLEW700 said:

You should defiantly hold out for that second run.

I'm selling, not buying :)

9 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

The online listing from ToysRUs, MyToys, Karstadt have been removed already... Müller and LEGO store mentioned that no further deliveries will come in.

Which signs do you still need? ;-)

I don't know. Guess I'm just being pessimistic...

33 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

From what I heard, the pre-orders for the FIRST run were made at the beginning of the year already. And many of us also heard the reports of amount X (of boxes) having been pre-ordered and amount X minus 20 having been delivered in the end. And aside from pre-orders, anyone in the DFB TLG had been talking to last year had most likely told them that Germans are 1000 % CRAZY about anything football. No way you could UNDERestimate the demand for these figures in Germany if you have at least a bit of insight into the market. You'd have to be completely blind to underestimate things here. So for me it all looks pretty purposeful, not to forget they even announced a "limited production". The figreus were produced week 48 of last year - just about everything points in the direction of "this is exactly what TLG planned". Maybe the DFB was hesitant to produce more because it is the first cooperation with TLG (AND adidas) - even if everything seems obvious and fail-safe, it is still a good idea for serious business people to make a test run first and not go all-in.

1 hour ago, mauro23 said:

I had a call with Frankfurt now - they have got 30 full boxes of the minifigs with today delivery. Asking for further boxes they have said that currently no further delivery is planned so far...

This means that also the online store is simply waiting for a delivery from other storage location.

Just called my local lego shop in munich....also 30 full boxes but they say then its over.....30 boxes is nothing........im starting to think these might be a goldmine

German sellers are making a killing out of these. Can't get a full box for less than 360 eur... by the time I reach Germany next week, it will be a lost cause. 

Will any German guys here be willing to hold one or two boxes for me? I fly into either Frankfurt or Munich on the 1st of June....

i can pay the "market" rate for it i guess.

Edited by Nawoo

1 hour ago, Neosphinx said:

What tickles my balls is why they made German minifigs and not French... It's EK in France after all.

Maybe because the German team is pretty famous and popular right now (after winning that last big thingy there in brazil... whereas the french team showed some kind of disrespect towards their own country in some of their games... and this comes from a super NON-soccer/football-fan).

so making a series of the reigning world champion doesn't seem to be too far fetched if you ask me. If they would have done france they could just as well have done brazil or spain or italy or ...

• Like 1

Hi to anyone in Austria.

I have a cousin in Vienna and I've been trying to get him to buy me some of these minifigures. 

About 10 days ago, he managed to get 16 blind packs (they wouldn't let him buy any more) from a Lego shop in the centre of Vienna but I haven't heard back from him about getting more.

Could anyone from Austria tell me where I should direct him to get some?(apart from the Lego shop I mentioned)

Edited by ED-209

6 minutes ago, ali1994 said:

Tried to order from online to same address with same account and credit card. Order canceled. Then, with new account and new credit card, even to another country (German->Austria) but again canceled. Do they check IP?

Based on my experiences.  Yes they do. Which seems a bit poor if you use a shared connection of any type.