71014 - Minifigures - DFB German Football Team

TheOrcKing

7 minutes ago, archimedes said:

So I had 2 packs missing when they arrived from LEGO Shop at Home UK. Apparently 'when they become available again' they will replace them???? Do you think this is misdirection or are they gonna do another run????

I would be amazed if they have not made ( or are making ) a boatload of these. The Tournament does not even start for another 3 weeks.

Then again we are talking about TLG.

I think it's pretty much a given that more are coming. All the hints I've seen so far point to a date about two weeks from now, probably 30/05/2016.

The only reason I can see that they wouldn't make another batch is because the licensing agreement is somehow limited. I also think they will sell them all over Europe on the next batch and not just in Germany, Austria ans Switzerland (if they are allowed to).

47 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I don't think lego is agile enough to be able to react to sales figures within 4 weeks.

There may be suppliers getting more stock from the original run but i don't think it's new inventory. 

Try reading the Exo Suit thread. I have none of these BTW and good luck to those who took a punt on them

3 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

I have taken a punt on the Mars Rovers, better choice? ;-)

Of course, but at the time it did not look to be. In reality no one knows, and i give my opinion mainly based on the outcry that will come towards Lego and probably UEFA as well, if they are not accessible to supporters, especially Germans. We will see soon.

When you look at the production date in November in Czechia then they would have to adjust the fabrics in the same way as in November to create a new run. Why does it to be not probably:

1. they have to pay for the license extension

2. The minifigs are out of date - two players have not been nominated anymore

3. European Championsship is only two or theree weeks ahead, afterwards the minifigs won't be sold such good as before or during the EC...

Personally, I've got 32 (only?) and I'm gonna try and get rid of mine for as healthy a profit as possible as soon as I can by selling individually. I too worry about more and more of these appearing from somewhere or other and killing massive resale value in future. If I make a decent profit now but it proves in future that I could have made an extra £5-£10 per fig a while down the line if no more are produced etc, then fair play to those of you who hold on for longer, all the best to you :)

I will still be asking pretty silly prices for the figs by the way, so won't be undercutting on Ebay etc, I'll be keeping the prices up if anything ;)

19 hours ago, BarryZola said:

Personally, I've got 32 (only?) and I'm gonna try and get rid of mine for as healthy a profit as possible as soon as I can by selling individually. I too worry about more and more of these appearing from somewhere or other and killing massive resale value in future. If I make a decent profit now but it proves in future that I could have made an extra £5-£10 per fig a while down the line if no more are produced etc, then fair play to those of you who hold on for longer, all the best to you :)

I will still be asking pretty silly prices for the figs by the way, so won't be undercutting on Ebay etc, I'll be keeping the prices up if anything ;)

First off 100% this is not my style at all but how prevalent is the situation where some people buy these up now and if they make another run just return the ones they got from you (and buy at source)?  Bit O/T as can be applied to any set really - I'd say its unethical, others might say its a sound business strategy.

They make more and so return the eBay purchase and get them cheaper.
They don't make more and prices are likely to go north so you have yourself a good earner.

Not to throw a spanner in the DFB fig works mind.  I didn't get any (too slow on the uptake) but still tempted to get a set to display (and not return if they do end up making another run :))

You'd hope that most would just take it on the chin and accept that they'd paid over the odds, but in reality, some people would obviously look to return as you've suggested. Think I may go and review my returns policy to see exactly what I'm offering and see if I can slightly amend it so that it is still fair for both parties. At the end of the day though, if someone wants to pay a ridiculous amount of money for a little plastic figure then I'm expecting them not to be on the breadline, and that they can afford to have something that has depreciated in value a bit. I'm not saying I wouldn't refund someone anyway even if it didn't exactly fit the returns criteria, but having something more stringent in place might just about put some people off requesting it.

I really don't see Lego doing another run of these.  If these were manufactured in November last year I can't see Lego putting in the effort more than six months later just to chase after a couple million Euro, they got bigger fish to fry just keeping up to the Star Wars mania and the expansion into Asia.

• Like 1

On 20.5.2016 at 6:31 PM, archimedes said:

fc6e2f18a136673b4776756abef9abc2.jpg

So I had 2 packs missing when they arrived from LEGO Shop at Home UK. Apparently 'when they become available again' they will replace them???? Do you think this is misdirection or are they gonna do another run????

Yesterday I was in LEGO store Frankfurt - the seller has told to me that first they had the info that no further minifigs will come in. But then they have been informed that new minifigs come in at Tuesday next week. The next question from my side was the crucial one - new run or not. The answer was the minifigs will come either from another LEGO store or from a new production run (but more impossible from their meaning)...

Edited by mauro23

On 5/20/2016 at 5:31 PM, archimedes said:

Ok I'm not saying these guys don't know what they're doing but just after ToO went OOS I got a mail saying that they'd ship me one as soon as it was back.  Got a call 2 days later to say the person sending the mail was confused and that there would be no more stock of ToO available (so bad luck to me).

Just saying that this could be unintentional misdirection.  There was so much chatter about this being a limited run to German speaking nations only I'm not so sure.  
But seeing as though this turned up everywhere in Europe I wonder if TLG just didn't realise what the demand for these would actually be and as soon as the penny dropped they fired up the factories again.  Ahhh... the speculative joys of what goes on the TLG boardroom (hopefully not too OT).

• Like 1

So finally all my Mannschaft figures are delivered. They came from 6 different orders, 4 at Mytoys.de and 2 from Lego. A total of 92 figures gave me one complete series. That was dissappointing, but I just couldn't get my hands on a complete box. After some trading I now have 2 complete series. I'm still trading so I'm hopefull I'll have another one by Tuesday. Luckily I do have 3 keepers. That one is being sought by everyone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

It can go both ways but I would say moving from Sold Out to TOOS singles impeding availability . 

Probably just means that they're currently trying to round up whatever inventory they can right now.  Doubt that they'll be making more though.