71014 - Minifigures - DFB German Football Team

TheOrcKing

19 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Let me see ... provided that VIP point exchange indeed works:

- you get $65 worth of "savings" on $45 worth of points - I'd say that's great, almost 50% extra

- you get 16 DFB packs which are currently scarce and in high demand - I'd say that's great too.

Only Q is: when's the next time your mom comes over for a visit - and what will these be worth by then? Otherwise I see only :money:

That's what I was hoping you'd say...and she'll be over here in the fall. 

Plus there's that free parrot :)

16 minutes ago, makromizer said:

I was actually looking at pictures of the whole collection, trying to figure out whether there's really a couch included. Would have made a lot of sense regarding that tactile aspect though.

How are boxes composed? Are they guaranteed to have at least 1 of each? Do they even have an equal distribution, aka 3 complete sets? If yes, what about the remaining 12?

If boxes were composed completely random, you would have to buy 2.2M/16*15+1 bags to have a complete set for sure. If you buy any less than that, you could end up with up to 2.2M/16 of 15 minifig types while still not having gotten a single one of one minifig type. You could subtract some if you factor in the ones that are know to have been sold already, -16 for each known set. Still, it would be quite a lot.

A box always has the same distribution afaik. 3 sets guaranteed and some figures are more common than others (you can see for example on bricklink that Kroos, Schürrle and Khedira are going for lower prices than Löw or Neuer). Of course this makes the whole equation a bit more complicated and the number of 54 is not strictly valid because the chance of getting a certain figure is not always exactly 1/16.

Everyone knows the random minifigures are made to get you to buy as much bags as possible. It's the same thing they do with collectible stickers or trading cards. It's just kind of werid that Lego always limits the maximum buy to 16 online, even for the older series (e.g. 15). I guess most people buy them in toy stores.

Edited by c_rpg

The way that Lego have dealt with this Minifigures series has been appalling...

As soon as they went live on S@H I recommended to my Grandparents that my cousin would love these as a birthday present - so they went and ordered 16. That evening I also told a friend of mine who dabbles in investing when I give him a tip on what's hot - he also placed an order.

Lego cancelled my Grandparents order, with the load of garbage that they've ordered over the limit. I sent an email via their account suggesting they were mistaken as the limit was 16 and that they were extremely disappointed as they were a present for a grandchild... So they reviewed the matter and have refused to complete the order.

In the meantime my friend who is buying them to hold and sell for a profit like many of us gets his sent out. 

The thing is these were never meant to be sold in non german speaking countries.  A decision was taken by marketing late last week to make them available across Europe based on lots of fans being very vocal in their disappointment. So they tried to do the right thing but it may have backfired. However that's mainly been caused by............people like us, buying box loads.

A lego cs agent called me and told me this today after i emailed to say how frustrating it was. 

She also said there's not going to be another production run as the factories are already prepping for xmas.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Baker92A6 said:

The way that Lego have dealt with this Minifigures series has been appalling...

As soon as they went live on S@H I recommended to my Grandparents that my cousin would love these as a birthday present - so they went and ordered 16. That evening I also told a friend of mine who dabbles in investing when I give him a tip on what's hot - he also placed an order.

Lego cancelled my Grandparents order, with the load of garbage that they've ordered over the limit. I sent an email via their account suggesting they were mistaken as the limit was 16 and that they were extremely disappointed as they were a present for a grandchild... So they reviewed the matter and have refused to complete the order.

In the meantime my friend who is buying them to hold and sell for a profit like many of us gets his sent out. 

Lego weren't about to fall for the old 'Grandparents buying for little Timmy' routine. These guys are smart and yield the hammer to end all dreams.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Crustybeaver said:

Lego weren't about to fall for the old 'Grandparents buying for little Timmy' routine. These guys are smart and yield the hammer to end all dreams.

The frustrating thing is... It is 100% the truth they are for a grandchild! 

It's like they are flipping a coin to decide who gets them and who doesn't. It should be first come first served surely?

6 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

Views on whether Lego will yield the ban hammer for those who tried to order a second batch of mini figures and then had theirs cancelled? Or does this only apply to exclusives?

No, i think they can understand genuine collectors would try to make second orders to complete sets. 

4 minutes ago, Baker92A6 said:

The frustrating thing is... It is 100% the truth they are for a grandchild! 

It's like they are flipping a coin to decide who gets them and who doesn't. It should be first come first served surely?

You're a resourceful guy.  They are still in stock at the minute. You must know someone who can place an order on their behalf. 

2 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

No, i think they can understand genuine collectors would try to make second orders to complete sets. 

I completely agree with this... I put in a cheeky second order (cancelled), as it is obvious that many will want complete sets.

i did write to Lego, they tried to upsell ....

"Thanks for getting in touch with us.

It’s great to hear you really like the LEGO® set 71014 DFB – The Mannschaft Minifigure series. As you know, this set isn’t available in The Untied States though.

LEGO sets are sold in more than 140 countries. Some sets are only popular in one part of the world, which means we might not sell it anywhere else. I've passed on your comments to our local Marketing team. We sometimes launch a set at different times in different countries to find out how popular they will be and to make sure our factories and warehouses can handle the amount of sets we need. You never know, the Mannschaft Minifigures may still become available in The United States.

In the meantime, if you have friends in one of the countries where the set is available, perhaps you could order it on shop.LEGO.com and ask them to forward your delivery to you?

I hope one of our many other LEGO toys will inspire you. To take a look through the hundreds of toys we offer in your country, go to shop.LEGO.com and see what catches your eye."

Hmmm, I´m absolutely not sure whether there will be a second production run, or not. Here in Germany every store tells something different, and even the Lego SAH were quite unsatisfying, because 10 people will give you 10 completely different answers to your questions. 

As frustrating as this whole matter is for non-German LEGO fans and investors, for Germans it is a nice gratification that was long overdue imo. They never ever got anthing exclusive to this date, while U.S. folks get limited convention sets all the time for years now. In Germany there has never even been a promo where you get a LEGO polybag with a newspaper (like in the UK). You never see the online store newsletter more than one week before the month begins. You only have 2 printed catalogs throughout the year instead of 4 in the U.S. As a German you hardly get the impression to be really "valued" as a customer in any way. So, now this is the first ever limited Germany-exclusive LEGO collectible - and it will probably stay the only one for decades to come. The demand is crazy and it was hard to get sealed boxes even if you knew what you were doing. But if you did put in the effort, you could still get a nice stash of sealed boxes in the end.

Edited by Frank Brickowski
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

You never know, the Mannschaft Minifigures may still become available in The United States.

Sell, sell, sell! :frantics:

8 hours ago, LegoDude4848 said:

Hmmm, I´m absolutely not sure whether there will be a second production run, or not. Here in Germany every store tells something different, and even the Lego SAH were quite unsatisfying, because 10 people will give you 10 completely different answers to your questions. 

The fact that they are still available at LEGO Shop at Home after almost 24hours still makes me think there is a lot more stock than they say. The figures are still selling like mad on second hand websites and Lego fanpages, so I assume every Lego fan has already ordered their maximum of 16.

If there's a second production run coming, prices will drop in no time.

1 minute ago, Frank Brickowski said:

As frustrating as this whole matter is for non-German LEGO fans and investors, for Germans it is a nice gratification that was long overdue imo. They never ever got anthing exclusive to this date, while U.S. folks get limited convention sets all the time for years now. In Germany there has never even been a promo where you get a LEGO polybag with a newspaper (like in the UK). You never see the online store newsletter more than one week before the month begins. You only have 2 catalogs throughout the year instead of 4 in the U.S. This is the first ever limited Germany-exclusive LEGO collectible - and it will probably stay the only one for decades to come. The demand is crazy and it was hard to get sealed boxes even if you knew what you were doing. But if you did put in the effort, you could still get a nice stash of sealed boxes in the end.

Long overdue ? Germany already has the best official prices in the EU and new releases are often done before, compared to its neighbors. I, myself, don't care much about those benefits because I can get there in less than an hour and online retailers often ship to Belgium but can we really state that Germany is "forgotten" by TLG ? I don't think so.

• Like 2