71014 - Minifigures - DFB German Football Team

TheOrcKing

bought 2 boxes from BL: 1 for the collection, the other in case prices go bonanza

Ordered 16 from LEGO Shop at Home. They were accepted. But you had to know how to get them and what to look for. 

Strange affair if you ask me.
Maybe TLG will release more closer the the EC?

Edited by ZULU

19 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

I have checked my boxes - exactly the same date...

Holy sheet, as LEGO has currently increased the limit of Exclusives to 5 they would have at the moment no free capacity to produce a new batch (if they would really want to).

In such case the price will reach 1000 Euro soon for a full box...

The minifigs are made in China, so there's no conflict between sets and minifigs.

Is production capacity really so limited that they can only do one series at a time? I mean what else is being made now? Probably just Disney and maybe already some series 16 minifigs.

1 hour ago, c_rpg said:

The minifigs are made in China, so there's no conflict between sets and minifigs.

Is production capacity really so limited that they can only do one series at a time? I mean what else is being made now? Probably just Disney and maybe already some series 16 minifigs.

One shouldn't forget that the roster is already outdated by now.

Edited by Frank Brickowski

2 hours ago, stackables said:

For a collector in the US, what would be a good price for the set?  Thinking I might just end up buying one.

…not sure what is, but the cheapest I've seen as of yesterday is $105 for the complete (open) set + shipping from Austria… there are other sellers selling 7-9 individual figs that are cheaper but then if you factor in the time in looking and buying the rest, it could very well cost more...

• Like 1

I have mentioned 300 Euro for full box of 60, this means 100 for a complete set of 16. It seems that the price for a full box of 60 is three times higher as for the complete set of 16.

Don't forget the fact that you get not only 3 complete sets in a SEALED full box of 60, but you get also in addition 12 further minifigs...

4 hours ago, mauro23 said:

I have mentioned 300 Euro for full box of 60, this means 100 for a complete set of 16. It seems that the price for a full box of 60 is three times higher as for the complete set of 16.

Don't forget the fact that you get not only 3 complete sets in a SEALED full box of 60, but you get also in addition 12 further minifigs...

Yeah about that, are the figures always identical? If you have a bunch of sealed boxes and you part them out to complete sets, wouldn't that mean you're going to end up with a bunch of extra Schürrle, Kroos and Khedira figures? In that case it might be worth it to bricklink some extra missing figures to get a few more complete sets. Or maybe it's better to just sell the common figures at a slightly lower price?

8 minutes ago, TheGallows said:

Apparently these will be back in stock at SAH at some point today, I was confidently told by CS rep.

In fact she said any minute :bubaphone:

I certainly hope not. Did they find a lost shipping container some where? It's still showing as 'sold out' over here, not TOS.

6 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

I certainly hope not. Did they find a lost shipping container some where? It's still showing as 'sold out' over here, not TOS.

I also contacted Lego and they indeed said the new stock was underway. And available in the coming days (sounds like the Tumbler)

I'm starting to think the figure of 36000 boxes is BS.

Maybe TLG is just holding back stock and the scarcity is artificial. Now that the hype is building up they can release more stock and people will think they are lucky for getting some figures.

To be fair to Lego, they will be aware that a large portion of early buys will be resellers so it's sensible for them to not release all stock before the general public even know they exist.  After all this is meant to be a marketing exercise with the products ending up in as many hands as possible. 

• Like 1