71014 - Minifigures - DFB German Football Team

TheOrcKing

If they do not come back it will be gold.

If they do a RI kind of return it will set the price back a lot. And many will have bought boxes at a very high price. Me included ;)

I really hope they do not return. 

Could it be that production output is slow because two minifigure series are out at the same time? I find the disney minifigure set also very hard to find around here.  Not as many sealed boxes and not as many retailers have these in stock. 

On other german LEGO page someone mentioned that he called LEGO and the women was sure that there won't be anothe run.

I have called them now and the woman said that the minifigs will come in soon.

So I think both women are right, no further production run but a last delivery from central storage location...

45 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I don't see them doing another run.  If these were produced last November like people are indicating, the lead time is just too long.

But can it really be that long? I mean afaik the machines are pretty much running 24/7 aside from maintenance and changing the molds. Let's say 5 months or about 150 days which is 3600 hours. If we take the 36000 box figure that's about 2160000 minifigs.

Let's say they have a dedicated machine for each part (legs, hands, head, body, etc). That would still be only about 600 minifigs per hour.

According to what I've heard the machines are way faster than that. They have machines that make 50000 heads per hour. Of course they still need to be printed, but still that is a lot faster.

See:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzKih5rqD0

I don't know how many machines they can use for making minfigs, but I assume they have multiple molds of the common pieces like heads and legs so there's no reason they can't have more than one machine making Toni Kroos' head at a time.

I would expect something like 10000-20000 minifigs per hour. So either they have produced minifigs for something like a month and then used the machines for other minifigs or they have way more stock then we think.

2 hours ago, mauro23 said:

On other german LEGO page someone mentioned that he called LEGO and the women was sure that there won't be anothe run.

I have called them now and the woman said that the minifigs will come in soon.

So I think both women are right, no further production run but a last delivery from central storage location...

That would be perfect. Let the low ballers sell their stuff and cash in afterwards :devil: 10-15 Euro/minifig for a complete set could be doable then..

Stupid LEGO Shop at Home and their technical difficulties... Can't redeem VIP points right now. :(

** Edit... ya it says if you want to redeem VIP points then call, but in the big red bullspit on the bottom left it says they can't accept phone orders right now. Nice work LEGO. Keep up the good work on your website! **

** Edit 2 .. and it wants to charge you twice for shipping even if you go over the 55 euro threshold. Seriously, what is wrong with those IT people at LEGO? Are the IT people designing LEGO sets and the set designers doing IT or something? **

just ordered my quota of 16 from lego. The question now is do I keep em for my collection (with little chance of completing), or use em for investment.

I guess one option we have on here if others are trying to complete a set but have only been able to buy 16 is swap dupicates amongst ourselves

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GregP said:

I guess one option we have on here if others are trying to complete a set but have only been able to buy 16 is swap dupicates amongst ourselves

For sure.. someone can start new thread here if they'd like to put some figures up for trading. I think it's a great idea.

http://community.brickpicker.com/forum/61-lego-trading-forum/

I have a friend in Germany and will hopefully have a case on its way in the next few days...plus military folks ship at domestic rates so I don't have to eat a huge int'l shipping bill. Score!

I have a friend in Germany and will hopefully have a case on its way in the next few days...plus military folks ship at domestic rates so I don't have to eat a huge int'l shipping bill. Score!