71014 - Minifigures - DFB German Football Team

TheOrcKing

I don't believe DFB will be sold out definitely from S&H :derisive:

When I came out of my dark ages I was only interested in sets, not minifigures. Monster series 14 started to shift my mindset. Still want a set which I can put in my Ferris Wheel which will be renamede into "Ghost Wheel" at Halloween. And with 71014 DFB released I must say, I really like this set. I am a soccer fan but have no club team preference. For me but a good match is most important, battle....respect..emotion...great goals! And to be honest, the German team is exceptionally good, I like to watch them play. Even more now our national team is send out for a long holiday instead of competing in the European Championship :lolu:.

My goal is to have a full team for my personal collection and one for investment.

The same to me, I am more collector / builder of sets and not really interested in minifigs. Except of "special" minifigs like Simpsons, DFB series or Disney. :-)

The minifig series 14 looks to freindly for Monsters in my opinion ...

I made the order of 16 DFB figures on Friday night and they went through at £1.99 each so I was not sure if the order would be fulfilled, but I received the confirmation this morning with the figures being adjusted to £2.49 each (extra £8 in total) which is fine by me. I didn’t add any items on to qualify for free P&P and I didn’t redeem any of my points on this one because I just wanted to see if it would go through…. and it did, to which I’m happy.

image.jpeg

Could someone from UK or France call LEGO and ask if the minifigs will be available at all at the next time?

Or have we to use Ebay or BrickLink as a buyer's source? 

They are sold out at S&H and here we have public holiday so no one can answer my question...

Thanks in advance

Edited by mauro23

49 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

Could someone from UK or France call LEGO and ask if the minifigs will be available at all at the next time?

They are sold out at S&H and here we have public holiday so no one can answer my question...

Thanks in advance

France is a public holiday too so unlikely to get an answer here.

1 hour ago, mauro23 said:

Thanks in advance

I spoke to them this morning, as one of my orders got cancelled. CS rep said he would pass it on to the orders team, however now that the product had sold out he was unsure that they could do anything thing. He said that they might be getting some in a few weeks.

Clear as mud as per usual

• Like 1

I guess it depends how many collectors there are with deep pockets and how many new minifigure collectors in the future see this set as a must have. 

If the production figure is correct  that's 137500 full sets of figures out in the wild.  Figure 20-30% of that becoming uncompleted sets bought by the target audience ie children who lose bits, play with them etc. So probably 100000 full sets available for collectors. Is that enough?

At the moment a complete set is fetching between 70 &100 gbp. Whether that goes up or down will depend on supply and demand.  The price should go up once the quick flippers have made their 15-20 gbp margins but it depends how many rich collectors are left in your market.

Last week single blind bags were selling for 10gbp now it's fallen down to 6gbp per identified fig (I'll never understand the mind of the tiny profit quick flipper). I'm guessing due to availability in UK Stores and online briefly over the weekend.  However i expect that to rise again given the sold out status.  

I'd imagine they've produced the full batch and won't commit production lines to producing any more, as by the time they could be distributed the euros will probably be over. I'd be surprised if the whole production run has been distributed and sold already but I think any further distribution will only happen in the German speaking nations as we were told originally. I can't see any more boxes getting sent to the UK let's put it that way.

2 hours ago, marcinj said:

I bought 4 boxes on friday. I'm thinkg about buying 3-4 more.

What do you think is the roof price for them in 6-12 months from now. Of course depending on that the 2.2 mln is confirmed, and they won't produce more.

I'd imagine double RRP within two years moving on to triple in years three and four. But really depends on scarcity of the figures.

2 hours ago, marcinj said:

I bought 4 boxes on friday. I'm thinkg about buying 3-4 more.

What do you think is the roof price for them in 6-12 months from now. Of course depending on that the 2.2 mln is confirmed, and they won't produce more.

So are they selling them in retail stores in Poland? Reason I ask is I got relatives there.

3 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I was going off a very simplistic 2.2 million figs / 16 figs per complete set = 137500 full sets.

This is slighty off. There are indeed 2.2 million figures and 16 figures make a set. But the boxes of 60 contain only THREE complete sets, while 12 figures per box cannot be used to get a complete set. Meaning those 2.2 million figures are inside 36,666 boxes -> x3, so yout get 109,998 complete sets, not 137,500. There are about 440,000 figures that cannot be used for a complete set... Great plan form TLG for a LIMITED production... I mean great for investors.

I have checked my boxes - exactly the same date...

Holy sheet, as LEGO has currently increased the limit of Exclusives to 5 they would have at the moment no free capacity to produce a new batch (if they would really want to).

In such case the price will reach 1000 Euro soon for a full box...