71014 - Minifigures - DFB German Football Team

TheOrcKing

Just now, Sfcommando14 said:

I have a friend in Germany and will hopefully have a case on its way in the next few days...plus military folks ship at domestic rates so I don't have to eat a huge int'l shipping bill. Score!

I have a friend in Germany and will hopefully have a case on its way in the next few days...plus military folks ship at domestic rates so I don't have to eat a huge int'l shipping bill. Score!

You can say that again.

• Like 7

Hello everybody, I am new to this investing and collecting idea that is why I have few questions to ask.

I was planning to order a set for around 90 euros from eBay.de just before I saw shop@home restarted selling. I ordered 16 from there. I do not leave in Europe that is why I ship them to my friend. I absolutely want at least one set, maybe two. Should I order a set for 90 euros from eBay just in case and chase shop@home or leave it to  blind bags luck? Even if I order a set from eBay and continue to buy from shop@home as much as I can, they will make profit at some point? I just do not want keep buying minifigures that I can not sell after some point and get stuck with them. What do you think?

Also, like I said I ordered 16 of them right now. Would they cancel my order if I try to order 16 more just now? Would they cancel my order if my previous order has been already shipped?

Thank you.

Hi.  Unless you use different payment methods to different addresses Lego will only let you order 16 in total. People including myself have had second orders rejected. I think the cheapest way to a full set will be to see who you are missing and buy those figures individually.  Then sell on any spares.

I picked up the equivalent of a box from the Frankfurt Lego store on Monday since I am in Germany this week for work. Haven't been back since so not sure how plentiful they are. The person that served me said they were popular and expected them to completely sold out before the start of the Euros.

2 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Hi.  Unless you use different payment methods to different addresses Lego will only let you order 16 in total. People including myself have had second orders rejected. I think the cheapest way to a full set will be to see who you are missing and buy those figures individually.  Then sell on any spares.

What if my order is already shipped or I already received it?

7 minutes ago, ali1994 said:

As a customer, how can I buy a sealed box? Let's say that a store has sealed box, can I just go to the store and buy it or will they limit me with only 16 figures?

no way... you got just 16 pieces. If you wish the whole box, you need to take 3 friends together, ask for the whole box, and hope that they have a full one. But you risk that they will tell you, that you are a family, so all four people get just 16 :-) I have such experience - I took my son, my friend + his son, and another friend, and wanted to buy 2 modulars already released. They gave us just 1, because we are family :-) 3 guys + 2 children, omg, modern family :-)

This story with German figs is stupid at all from many points of view:

1) limit 16 - this is out of logic if you have RANDOM bags. Every normal person wants all 16 figs to have a complete team, especially in soccer. But you have a chance to get 16 different figs in random 16 probably 1 to million. OK you can change with friends - but there is another problem (point 2),

2) 95 % figs were bought by German resellers - look at the bricklink. There is just few persons who can change with you, especially if this product is not available in my country + was sold out within 1 day. We came 3 friends to 1 store, each buy 16, but we were not able to collect 1 serie!!! 2 figs were still missing. You have not guaranteed to have a complete serie even if you buy 50 figs!!!! You can invest EUR 150 and not have full serie !!!!! Unbelievable. Only guarantee is if you buy a whole box - but it is not allowed. You must fight also with another statistic problem - there is not same number of the players in the box (some are 3x, other 4x or 5x). If you are extremly unlucky, every friend coming with you can get similar part of the box with similar players. This is not a classic CMF serie, where you can change figs with many people and buy from many stores.

3) you cannot to smoosh, since all players have same equipment (except couch), so another factor against chance to have all 16.

to summ up - this is an epic fail from TLG. They released a product, which is not available for real fans, its extremly hard - and expensive - have a complete serie, and most of the profit is going to German resellers, who had a chance to buy a sealed boxes, complete 3 series from each box, and sell for double price (these days almost triple).

WTH they didnt make a special edition with all 16 players, in special case, with nice brochure, for special price eur 70-80 (eru 4-5 per fig), widely available? This is another situation in comparsion with other CMF series, they cannot produce such random bags with such horrible limits and distribution problems!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BarryZola said:

My brother is going to have a go at ordering me another 16 when he gets home from work in an hour (different address, payment card etc). But will he beat the sold out deadline? Tick tock tick tock ;)

Big bro came through for me. That's another 16 to sell individually ;)

3 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

Correct, mathematically you need to buy more than 54 minifigs... :-)

Still not guaranteed to get a complete set then :) On average you would need to get 54. You could theoretically get a complete set when buying only 16 figures, but it could just as well take you over 100 attempts to get them all. The only absolutely guaranteed ways are to either get a box, buy a complete set from someone or trade until you have all of the figures.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

Still not guaranteed to get a complete set then :) On average you would need to get 54. You could theoretically get a complete set when buying only 16 figures, but it could just as well take you over 100 attempts to get them all. The only absolutely guaranteed ways are to either get a box, buy a complete set from someone or trade until you have all of the figures.

Amen :-)

Cool offer (for German speakers) - can someone explain? ;-)

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Lego-71014-Minifiguren-DFB-60-stuck-im-Originalkarton-/262443062194?hash=item3d1ad353b2:g:HJEAAOSwHJhXNJBX

"Hallo,

ich habe hier ein ORIGINALVERPACKTER Lego Umkarton mit 60 Tütchen.

Leider ohne Umkarton. Er ist aber Vollständig!

Privatverkauf:

keine Garantie
kein Umtausch
Versicherter Versand inklusive"

4 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

Cool offer (for German speakers) - can someone explain? ;-)

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Lego-71014-Minifiguren-DFB-60-stuck-im-Originalkarton-/262443062194?hash=item3d1ad353b2:g:HJEAAOSwHJhXNJBX

"Hallo,

ich habe hier ein ORIGINALVERPACKTER Lego Umkarton mit 60 Tütchen.

Leider ohne Umkarton. Er ist aber Vollständig!

Privatverkauf:

keine Garantie
kein Umtausch
Versicherter Versand inklusive"

I think he means the brown carton is missing.

269.99€... Seems like prices are dropping again after the new stock popped up.

6 minutes ago, BrickStanley74 said:

So my VIP balance is $45. If I log into the GB LEGO Shop at Home site it automatically becomes 45 pounds. Exchange rate win! 

I could purchase the max of 16 packs for a total of 43.79 pounds and have them shipped to my mum in the UK. Would this be a good use of my VIP points??

Let me see ... provided that VIP point exchange indeed works:

- you get $65 worth of "savings" on $45 worth of points - I'd say that's great, almost 50% extra

- you get 16 DFB packs which are currently scarce and in high demand - I'd say that's great too.

Only Q is: when's the next time your mom comes over for a visit - and what will these be worth by then? Otherwise I see only :money:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mesje said:

(except couch)

I was actually looking at pictures of the whole collection, trying to figure out whether there's really a couch included. Would have made a lot of sense regarding that tactile aspect though.

46 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

How are boxes composed? Are they guaranteed to have at least 1 of each? Do they even have an equal distribution, aka 3 complete sets? If yes, what about the remaining 12?

If boxes were composed completely random, you would have to buy 2.2M/16*15+1 bags to have a complete set for sure. If you buy any less than that, you could end up with up to 2.2M/16 of 15 minifig types while still not having gotten a single one of one minifig type. You could subtract some if you factor in the ones that are know to have been sold already, -16 for each known set. Still, it would be quite a lot.