71014 - Minifigures - DFB German Football Team

TheOrcKing

9 hours ago, BP said:

You're forgetting some things:

a) there are a huge amount of minifigures collectors out there who want these even if they have zero affection for football. 

b ) there are a huge amount of football lovers out there who have Lego as a hobby and are thrilled Lego is doing something that relates to their hobby. 

c) Germany won the last World Cup and are current world champions. I'm a Belgian and support my national team but as a football lover der mannschaft makes 

my heart beat a bit faster, just like it does for Brazil, Argentina, Spain, etc etc... It's one of the best football teams in the world... 

OK, but still i am sure that the real demand (not reseller´s demand) for such one-team minifigures is limited and there would be much stronger demand + profit for TLG, if they released players from all participants, and then - when next champions league season will start - players from big clubs... Soccer players is big, un-exploited market.

4 hours ago, afol_sf said:

...very true indeed!... I am not a football fan, BUT a huge Lego/CMF collector... that is why I've started my search how to acquire a complete set (open, of course) to display... hope I get lucky... maybe someone out there is willing to sell an extra set at a decent price...

I have found 2 complete sealed boxes!!
Who is interested in them?

3 minutes ago, golong said:

Won't let me place an order on my computer as it says they are not available in this country (uk) however, it would on my mobile.  Only £1.99 each as well.  Anyway I am guessing it will get cancelled but worth a try.

It does say £1.99, but when I went through to checkout it came up at the correct £2.49 each. I have seen one person on social media who completed the order at £1.99 each get their's cancelled. Not sure if that was because it went through at £1.99 or if their account had a different problem with payment, but I was charged £2.49 each over an hour ago and havn't had a cancellation as of now. Time will tell......

11 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Same here.  Went through at £2.49 each.

The question is flip or hold?

Havn't a clue at the moment. They definitely look VERY popular on social media though. Suppose it will be a case of assessing demand if/when they arrive?

Edit - Could be worth waiting until the championships are on if they're sold out? Could be quick flip if they sell out straight away and fresh in peoples minds and they're crazy for them? On the other hand, some of the most popular players could demand a premium? Who knows to be honest.....

Edited by BarryZola
Time of demand?

I'm flipping half my stash asap. If Lego notices how popular these are they will produce more.

What was the source for the supposed limited production run of 36000 boxes? First I heard you could only get these in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Then suddenly every Lego store in Euope has them and now you can just order them at LEGO Shop at Home.

Naamloos.png

Edited by c_rpg

LEGO Shop at Home has some technical difficulties... There is a notice "We are currently experiencing technical difficulties due to system maintenance and your order may take up to 24 hours to process...." . I made 1 order without problems, but when I tried to make another from friends account, it doesnt show a free shipping....

8 minutes ago, mesje said:

LEGO Shop at Home has some technical difficulties... There is a notice "We are currently experiencing technical difficulties due to system maintenance and your order may take up to 24 hours to process...." . I made 1 order without problems, but when I tried to make another from friends account, it doesnt show a free shipping....

Not sure what region you are ordering from, but free shipping is only from 55€ upwards over here. 16 figures is only 47.84€.

4 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

Not sure what region you are ordering from, but free shipping is only from 55€ upwards over here. 16 figures is only 47.84€.

LEGO Shop at Home is kinda broken at the moment. I have a 55,83€ cart and still there's shipping fee showing and no parrot.

4 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

I know. Thatswhy I add a miniset for EUR 8. So I am over eur 55.

Even if I try to put there something expensive (GB HQ for example), there is no free shipping.

The web site of LEGO Shop at Home is horrible. I dont understand, how such big company can have such shity web site with many bugs (for example, it is always switching to US site, if you are browsing more for something, this bug is there for years). Even small local eshops from my country has better web sites...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mesje said:

I know. Thatswhy I add a miniset for EUR 8. So I am over eur 55.

Even if I try to put there something expensive (GB HQ for example), there is no free shipping.

The web site of LEGO Shop at Home is horrible. I dont understand, how such big company can have such shity web site with many bugs (for example, it is always switching to US site, if you are browsing more for something, this bug is there for years). Even small local eshops from my country has better web sites...

The shipping thing is usually a glitch from recent experience. When it actually comes to the later ordering/payment screens it usually registers the free shipping. Apologies if you've already done this and it still hasn't worked. Just trying to help if you hadn't gone that far through the order yet. Yes, the website is a bit crappy :)

Weird, I had no problems with either the parrot or free shipping. I did get the warning message that there was server maintenance or something and that the order could be delayed up to 24 hours, but I just received a confirmation e-mail.

It is kind of a mess at times with the whole region system, but there's definitely worse webshops out there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, c_rpg said:

What was the source for the supposed limited production run of 36000 boxes?

http://www.welt.de/wirtschaft/article151507700/Oezil-und-Reus-kosten-nur-noch-2-99-Euro.html

"...Die Auflage liegt nach Angaben von Lego bei rund 2,2 Millionen Stück. Bei einem Preis von 2,99 Euro je Tüte ergäbe das einen Umsatz von knapp 6,6 Millionen Euro..."

• Like 1

Skipped two opened boxes today, one complete, one missing 4 figures. This might be the only time in the last and next 50 years of LEGO that Germans have such luxury problems, skipping opened boxes because they can get sealed ones while the rest of the world would take every single bag. Comic con (exclusives) is every year. Die Mannschaft is once in a lifetime. Nice to have a special like that at all.