71014 - Minifigures - DFB German Football Team

TheOrcKing

I'm planning on picking up 10 individual packs of these through a friend that lives in Berlin. Do you think investment wise these would be better kept sealed, or opened? I think the region exclusivity of these would make them a good item to invest it, but I'm worried if these would even be popular in the years to come. Thoughts?

This depends on one thing - how far does German team come in the European Championsship...

Should they win the minifigs will be a very very good investment, do they fail early, it won't be a very good investment anymore, but still a good one - they are still World Cup winner.

I am living in Germany since 25 years but am born in another country therefore I am not German team fan - but what I can say they will surely reach semifinal at least...

Edited by mauro23

2 hours ago, mauro23 said:
This depends on one thing - how far does German team come in the European Championsship...

Should they win the minifigs will be a very very good investment, do they fail early, it won't be a very good investment anymore, but still a good one - they are still World Cup winner.

I am living in Germany since 25 years but am born in another country therefore I am not German team fan - but what I can say they will surely reach semifinal at least...

Sorry but imo that is *******. The popularity of this set might only increase a Small bit if they get far. They're the first football team to get released in lego, the value will go up High no Matter what... Look at team UK, football is a lot More popular than the Olympics

Edited by Darth_Raichu
Language!

Why do you compare it with UK olympics???

Have you compared the minifig amount of UK Olympics to the soccer team? If not, just do it... Then you will know why they are so expensive now.

One further difference - they will be sold in three countries not just in one.

And I think my statement makes a big difference - When Germany fails already in the group stage then only German fans will buy these minifigs, if they will do well then the popularity will grow also in the other european countries.

There is one expection - when they get become sold out BEFORE the european championsship. :-)

Edited by mauro23

There's no question these figures will do very well on release date and during the summer. After that it depends entirely on how many minifigures were made. Not every collector wants the special series (Simpsons,monsters,UK Olympics,Disney) and the figures do not have particularly rare accessories either. But then again it's football, so who knows?

3 hours ago, AFOL Pedro said:

Do you think investment wise these would be better kept sealed, or opened? I

Its impossible to keep this serie sealed and know what you have, since the figs are very similar for feeling (except the couch and maybe Boateng). I have always kept the minifigures sealed (even the difference in price between new sealed / new open is small in secondary market), since i was able to feel the different figs through sealed bag. Sometimes it was very hard (simpsons 2), but there was always something special which helped. But in this serie I am helpless. The dots can help, but it is not a 100% tool (except some special dot combinations). It will be a big problem to find complete series...

11 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

There's no question these figures will do very well on release date and during the summer. After that it depends entirely on how many minifigures were made. Not every collector wants the special series (Simpsons,monsters,UK Olympics,Disney) and the figures do not have particularly rare accessories either. But then again it's football, so who knows?

We know the figures. 2,2 millions minifigs what makes about 36000 full boxes. What were the figures for UK olympics?

...I myself am wanting to buy a complete set of this, open of course just like all the CMF I've purchased so far... the problem I face is that I'm on the other side of the pond (US)... do let me know if any of you guys have an extra (open) set you want to unload...

10 hours ago, BP said:

Mytoys.de has them in Stock. Limited to 15 pieces. Toysrus.de will have them in Stock in a few days.

Will Toysrus.de price them at 2.99€? A set of 16 is currently going for around 100€ plus shipping on eBay.fr ... Does anyone think maybe it will drop a bit once they are in stock elsewhere?

11 minutes ago, gregpj said:

I can't find them, though my inability to speak German could have something to do with that. :)

Google Chrome is your friend. 

Trying to find out what stores in Switzerland will be stocking these so i can get my sister to pick up a full case. 

At the moment on ebay uk people are advertising the blind bags at £8 - 9 each :-o

10 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Will Toysrus.de price them at 2.99€? A set of 16 is currently going for around 100€ plus shipping on eBay.fr ... Does anyone think maybe it will drop a bit once they are in stock elsewhere?

I don't know... RRP is 2.99€ afaik, but if demand is that high they sometimes increase the price.

I might have a source for complete boxes that ships to anywhere in Europe. Comes to about 3.25€ per figure, but you are guaranteed to have three complete sets per box. Not sure what the delivery term is and how many you can order. I tried 3 and paid with paypal.

I'll see if they actually come through.

Edited by c_rpg

Only thing I know is there's a huge crazyness going on about this series on a few Belgian & Dutch Lego facebookpages. 

These are really highly wanted. 

Here's hoping toysrus.de will sell them at 2.99. 

36 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

You have answered your question yourself - there is to much demand at the moment - but this should change at Saturday when the big retailers like Kaufhof, Karstadt will offer the minifigs in their shops...

Hopefully, I pre-ordered serveral single packs for 2.99 €... just in case