71014 - Minifigures - DFB German Football Team

TheOrcKing

12 minutes ago, tisken133 said:

do you guys really think TLG ends the production so fast? it hasn't even been out for 2 month...

You have made a mistake, not 2 months, but 2 weeks. Official release was May, 14th. The last availability on S&H ended  four days ago... There are stil some rests at retailer shops...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, tisken133 said:

do you guys really think TLG ends the production so fast? it hasn't even been out for 2 month...

Apparently. I did not believe it at first, but it seems to be the case.

I'm sure TLG will have taken notice of the popularity though. I wouldn't be suprised if we see a second series from a different country at some point. TLG has made deals with Adidas in the past, so I think national teams with Adidas shirts are more likely to get a set. Now that I think of it, that might be part of the reason why they picked Germany and not France.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tisken133 said:

that is so sad. do you guys think selling single pack of them still make $$ (instead of a set as it is pretty much impossible to get a complete set).

Depends on what you have obviously. If you have 5 Schurrle's and 3 Khedira's you are not going to make a lot of profit. How many do you have? I found that some people are willing to trade 2 common figures for a rare one. You could still get a complete set by trading.

Thankfully found some of these at the Berlin LEGO Store this morning, they had two almost full boxes

Grabbed my full allotment. With some luck I might be able to get a full set from these and the 16 that I ordered from LEGO Shop at Home UK. Spares shouldn't be too hard to move  

36 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

Depends on what you have obviously. If you have 5 Schurrle's and 3 Khedira's you are not going to make a lot of profit. How many do you have? I found that some people are willing to trade 2 common figures for a rare one. You could still get a complete set by trading.

i mean unpacked and sealed pack - do you think it can make some $$ ? i just got a few.... 

3 hours ago, c_rpg said:

Apparently. I did not believe it at first, but it seems to be the case.

I'm sure TLG will have taken notice of the popularity though. I wouldn't be suprised if we see a second series from a different country at some point. TLG has made deals with Adidas in the past, so I think national teams with Adidas shirts are more likely to get a set. Now that I think of it, that might be part of the reason why they picked Germany and not France.

Hoping for a Red Devils release, limited for sale to Belgium only :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sprocket77 said:

Double RRP, ouch, you must have faith in the German side at the Euros

I don't think that the Euros result would influence its subsequent price in any substantial way. This will be a novelty item, just as the GB Olympics set is. Plus I am a collector, I just needed to tick the box to stop the itching. Missing out on stuff hurts.

I don't think the value of this will be affected should Germany not do well at the Euros, but I think it would skyrocket even more should they win it. Their popularity will be at an even higher level than now should they win it. 

Just like the French in 1998 and 2000, and Spain from 2008-2012

Lego should just make minifig squads of legendary teams. Doesn't have to be solely football

Can be like the Chicago Bulls 1996 Team

Or Football legends of the past Minifigures

Edited by Nawoo