71014 - Minifigures - DFB German Football Team

TheOrcKing

50 minutes ago, Nawoo said:

Germany have never beaten Italy in a competitive match before, which leads to my reservations about their ability to beat them on Saturday.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany–Italy_football_rivalry

Their wins have come from Friendlies, but when it actually matters, Italy have always either won or drawn. 

Yeah my mistake on the striker, they fielded Mario Gomez for the last game. It'll be a great match for sure. I do hope Germany wins for the sake of this Minifigure series. But between Conte and Low, Conte looks the more tactically astute and pumped up. 

Both coaches are entertaining to watch. Conte is so animated with all his hand gestures at the dug out. He even kicked the ball away in frustration during the last game. Low on the other hand picks and digs all his crevices and smells/eat them. The cameras just can't get enough of him. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

I hope that they stagnate and don't fall...

i don't think they will fall, since they are super limited after all. 

Just won't rise much for the time being. Look at the Great britain Olympic team, it took a while before the price started to shoot up. 

17 minutes ago, Nawoo said:

i don't think they will fall, since they are super limited after all. 

Just won't rise much for the time being. Look at the Great britain Olympic team, it took a while before the price started to shoot up. 

I don't know the history of the price rise for the Great britain Olympic team. Have they not increased continuously? 

1 minute ago, tacsniper said:

What is your local lego store selling them for?

I think i mentioned in the post that they were being sold for 440 eur. I'm not sure how many are going to be sold though. But it's quite a well known store so they may be able to sell them at that price. 

Edited by Nawoo

1 minute ago, Nawoo said:

I think i mentioned in the post that they were being sold for 440 eur. I'm not sure how many are going to be sold though. But it's quite a well known store so they may be able to sell them at that price. 

Oh sorry, I thought it is an official Lego branded store. I thought you meant 440 is the going rate as oppose to what would be sold by Lego themselves.

Naah I doubt it. Will probably get order cancelled notification soon. They cancel about 50% of my orders for some reason. Sucks because it takes a long time for paypal to issue a refund.

I don't know where you are but in the States, PayPal won't issue a refund on a canceled order until TRU contacts PayPal and cancels the order with them, sometimes 30 days but you can call TRU to expedite it. HTH

31 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

I don't know where you are but in the States, PayPal won't issue a refund on a canceled order until TRU contacts PayPal and cancels the order with them, sometimes 30 days but you can call TRU to expedite it. HTH

What usually happens is they charge your account first, then the order is cancelled and they issue a refund. But paypal puts a temporary hold on the refund. The official explanation is they have to wait until the payment is cleared with the bank, which according to them can take up to 7 days, but this is BS. Even if it actually took 7 days to transfer the money, they can hold it a lot longer. I've had some refunds that were stuck on temporary hold for two weeks.

A lot of users have complained about this process online (just google "refund temporary hold paypal").

Edited by c_rpg
typo
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

After the initial frenzy prices have stagnated and even dropped back here in the U.K. Seen a few complete sets go for less than £75 in recent weeks and individual rare figures like the manager and the goalkeeper which previously fetched £20 each are now going for a lot less. I got rid of all mine on an individual basis and managed to get 200% return due to having a number of the rarer figures but t got considerably harder to shift as time went on. Happy to be out and if they do appreciate more so be it, happy for my return in what was less than 6 months. That's 400% CAGR