71014 - Minifigures - DFB German Football Team

TheOrcKing

4 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Finally opening my 32 German minifigures, I won't lie, it's bloody tense here. I'm a quarter of the way in and I have 6 of the 16 so far, with 2 spares, both feckin 23, Max Kruse.

I feel like Charlie Bucket looking for the golden ticket. Right back to it, 24 to go.

I had 92 figs and got only one complete serie. I wish you luck sir!

10 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Finally opening my 32 German minifigures, I won't lie, it's bloody tense here. I'm a quarter of the way in and I have 6 of the 16 so far, with 2 spares, both feckin 23, Max Kruse.

I feel like Charlie Bucket looking for the golden ticket. Right back to it, 24 to go.

Right, half way through and already starting to feel deflated, only 8 unique figures and already have 3 of each of Schurrle, Hummels and Kruse.

Dammit to hell 

Well that was a rollercoaster, I'm all worn out, started out of the gates well, 8 of the first 11 were unique and I only had 2 Max Kruse and an Andre Schurrle spare to darken my mood. Was confident at this stage, despite Mr Gloom @Frankster and his only one full set out of 92 figures. Don't play the lotto dude, you'll lose.

Started to struggle from here though, the next 8 were spares, dammit, it was going to be a up hill climb from here on in to get the set. Suddenly 4 out of 5 unique,  including Joachim Low, only four to go now. A couple more spares followed before two Manuel Neuer in a row, great I have both goalie and coach and even have a Neuer Spare, not looking to shabby. 

So three to go and I still need three, not looking good, but 2 out of those 3 were missing players, so final tally was 15 unique players/coach and only Toni Kroos missing, not a bad tally from where I was with only 8 from the first 19 bags.

I need to go and lie down now though, that was way too much excitement for one day. 

After re-reading what I've posted, I just realised I use a lot of sporting analogies. Well it was a real game of two halves and a real team effort and I'd like to thank God for this performance of opening bags.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sprocket77 said:

TBF he is a good seller on Ebay despite the scandal http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3502921/Max-Kruse-thrown-Germany-squad-Joachim-Low-losing-60-000-night-need-players-focussed.html

2 hours ago, Sprocket77 said:

Well that was a rollercoaster, I'm all worn out, started out of the gates well, 8 of the first 11 were unique and I only had 2 Max Kruse and an Andre Schurrle spare to darken my mood. Was confident at this stage, despite Mr Gloom @Frankster and his only one full set out of 92 figures. Don't play the lotto dude, you'll lose.

Started to struggle from here though, the next 8 were spares, dammit, it was going to be a up hill climb from here on in to get the set. Suddenly 4 out of 5 unique,  including Joachim Low, only four to go now. A couple more spares followed before two Manuel Neuer in a row, great I have both goalie and coach and even have a Neuer Spare, not looking to shabby. 

So three to go and I still need three, not looking good, but 2 out of those 3 were missing players, so final tally was 15 unique players/coach and only Toni Kroos missing, not a bad tally from where I was with only 8 from the first 19 bags.

I need to go and lie down now though, that was way too much excitement for one day. 

After re-reading what I've posted, I just realised I use a lot of sporting analogies. Well it was a real game of two halves and a real team effort and I'd like to thank God for this performance of opening bags.

I had to towel off after reading your missive.

2afd219a649cf20aff6b3c06f87e6742.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sprocket77 said:

And already I've found someone who lives down the road from me who will swap a Toni Kroos for one of my Boatengs. Full set sorted.

That sounds great. I got 44 packs of 71014 and only opened 13 unique minifigures: no Löw, no Schweinsteiger, no Müller.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brian Briggs said:

That sounds great. I got 44 packs of 71014 and only opened 13 unique minifigures: no Löw, no Schweinsteiger, no Müller.

Sounds like I got really lucky so, I was pretty happy when Low's legs came out of the pack :D

13 out of 44 sucks though, I would have thought law of averages would have been a bit kinder on you.

1 hour ago, Sprocket77 said:

Sounds like I got really lucky so, I was pretty happy when Low's legs came out of the pack :D

13 out of 44 sucks though, I would have thought law of averages would have been a bit kinder on you.

That's what happens when you don't bring your sorting basket. :banghead:

Lesson learned, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Germany's Euros may end this weekend. I can't see them beating them Conte's Italy. Conte is just too brilliant a tactician. Germany don't even have a proper striker and have been struggling all tournament. 

Hope the set's value doesn't depreciate if they lose. 

11 minutes ago, Nawoo said:

Looks like Germany's Euros may end this weekend. I can't see them beating them Conte's Italy. Conte is just too brilliant a tactician. Germany don't even have a proper striker and have been struggling all tournament. 

Hope the set's value doesn't depreciate if they lose. 

The Germans are favorite to win the game especially with de Rossi and Thiago Motta out . Italy might still win but ur assessment is way off especially after Low reverted to a more traditional striker in the team over a false numbe. 9. 

7 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

The Germans are favorite to win the game especially with de Rossi and Thiago Motta out . Italy might still win but ur assessment is way off especially after Low reverted to a more traditional striker in the team over a false numbe. 9. 

Germany have never beaten Italy in a competitive match before, which leads to my reservations about their ability to beat them on Saturday.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany–Italy_football_rivalry

Their wins have come from Friendlies, but when it actually matters, Italy have always either won or drawn. 

Yeah my mistake on the striker, they fielded Mario Gomez for the last game. It'll be a great match for sure. I do hope Germany wins for the sake of this Minifigure series. But between Conte and Low, Conte looks the more tactically astute and pumped up.