71014 - Minifigures - DFB German Football Team

TheOrcKing

2 hours ago, Legodrdoom said:

Hard to say but it would be such a huge market but then there is licensing etc gone are the days when you could give ole sepp blatter a little/lot of cash and he would endorse anything. I mean if he can endorse a world cup in Qatar in the height of summer we might of got ourselves a lego Wembley, San siro etc lol

Well at least Blatter rejected the north Korea bid but then again it wasn't in a brown envelope.

5 hours ago, Legodrdoom said:

Hard to say but it would be such a huge market but then there is licensing etc gone are the days when you could give ole sepp blatter a little/lot of cash and he would endorse anything. I mean if he can endorse a world cup in Qatar in the height of summer we might of got ourselves a lego Wembley, San siro etc lol

The German minifigures dont have a FIFA or UEFA license tied in. So no need to bribe any criminal old men for other teams' figures either.

Someone inside Lego explained me that they initially proposed to FIFA doing minifigures of different soccer national teams and Germany was the only one quick enough to respond with reasonible terms and $ fair demand marketing expectations.

Make no mistake, the fact that Germany is the only one set up in Lego has nothing to do with being the current World Cup champion. Other national teams were not quick enough to respond before production took place and others asked for insane marketing earnings.

I don't rule out and in fact I'd expect more national teams to follow in the future, being this set the very first one and therefore more valuable IMHO.

And yes, there is a FIFA licence tied up to Germany's set, but it already expired and no more production will take place.

Edited by Laudrup16
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Contrails said:

I have been waiting for my order 3 weeks ago. I called today asking when it would be shipped. The guy on the phone told me that it was cancelled. So I asked if there were any in stock right now. I was on my laptop at the same time and I could order 10 online. He told me there were no stock left. True enough after I hung up and tried to check out it wouldnt let me. Got some error page. Hope you get yours. I am kind of disappointed that my order 3 weeks ago got cancelled and yet they offer more for sale online yesterday.

I hate to break it to you mate but I just got a shipping confirmation for my toysrus.de order I placed a few days ago :(

10 hours ago, Laudrup16 said:

Someone inside Lego explained me that they initially proposed to FIFA doing minifigures of different soccer national teams and Germany was the only one quick enough to respond with reasonible terms and $ fair demand marketing expectations.

Make no mistake, the fact that Germany is the only one set up in Lego has nothing to do with being the current World Cup champion. Other national teams were not quick enough to respond before production took place and others asked for insane marketing earnings.

I don't rule out and in fact I'd expect more national teams to follow in the future, being this set the very first one and therefore more valuable IMHO.

And yes, there is a FIFA licence tied up to Germany's set, but it already expired and no more production will take place.

But if they do have the FIFA license for the German figures, why is the "FIFA World Champions 2014" emblem missing on the jersey?:

71014.jpg

Edited by Frank Brickowski
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Contrails said:

Just to share. I bought these of someone online. Noticed the eyes and mouth are not printed the same? At first I thought I just got cheated by some made in china fake but both of them have the lego print on the top of the head. QC issues?

image.jpeg

Yes, QC issues. If you're so inclined, you may be able to sell it for higher than market value for a properly printed one. I've seen misprinted Disney CMF figures sell for a lot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Misprint-Eyes-Lego-Disney-Minifigure-Donald-Duck-71012-New-CMF-Series-/301963038364?hash=item464e664e9c:g:hhsAAOSw71BXQPw0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Minifigures-series-Disney-Mickey-Mouse-RARE-Misprint-Mickeys-Pants-/322112472233?hash=item4aff6644a9%3Ag%3AVJcAAOSwcvdXO-Jz&nma=true&si=pMvDB68Ru4rzeNg0TZAQFWWjPw4%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

24 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Thansk for the heads up. Wow! Doubt I want to sell it. I kinda like the way it looks, almost like an uncertain, looking for help kinda look. 

14 hours ago, Laudrup16 said:

The German football team had a IWC watch and clock specially made for them too. Even the suitcase company Rimowa had special series for them.  Just google IWC DFB and Rimowa DFB and you will be able to see all the pictures

Edited by Contrails

28 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

Hmm post is empty for some reason... Let's try again.

There's a bug (or is it a feature) in the forum software where it'll erase all the content from a reply when an image is pasted that is larger than a certain threshold (64k perhaps?). When that happens to me I have to save the image to a file, then attach the file instead of just doing CTRL-C & CTRL-V. Though typically it refuses to post, and does not generate empty posts ......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phil B said:

There's a bug (or is it a feature) in the forum software where it'll erase all the content from a reply when an image is pasted that is larger than a certain threshold (64k perhaps?). When that happens to me I have to save the image to a file, then attach the file instead of just doing CTRL-C & CTRL-V. Though typically it refuses to post, and does not generate empty posts ......

Yeah I saved the image and it worked that time. Good to know

1 hour ago, Sprocket77 said:

Is it wrong that I'm now afraid to open them. What if I get 32 Christian Kramer's. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The funny thing is he is one of the higher valued despite being useless and that own goal from 30 yards out