10188 - UCS: Death Star

duckyruiz

You may fire when ready.  

776 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed Death Stars do you own?

• 1 - 2
    • 3 - 4
    • 5 - 9
    • 10 - 15
    • 16 - 20
    • 21 - 25
    • 26 - 50+
  2. 2. Do you believe the set will make a great investment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. Will it ever retire?

• Sure, soon as I fire my Photon Torpedo.
    • Nope, I'll be dead before that happens.
    • Perhaps, when Hell freezes over.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Jason being optimistic regarding the DS. I'm sure it's going to do terrific whenever it does go EOL. 10179 just had a perfect storm of factors which contributed to its rise and don't think it can be mimicked by any set. This is just my humble opinion and I hope I'm wrong for everyone who invested into it!

I don't think there's anything wrong with Jason being optimistic regarding the DS. I'm sure it's going to do terrific whenever it does go EOL. 10179 just had a perfect storm of factors which contributed to its rise and don't think it can be mimicked by any set.

I agree. To much stock. To easy to find one used too.

Zero. New-ish to investing and too expensive. Also other opinions on longevity and number of sets out there is putting me off. If I didn't have to consider my budget and what I buy so much maybe I would get one, but think it will have to pass me by.

Also new to investing, but I can already see I have a different style than most investors here. I like to hang onto my big sets for as long as possible (like 4-5 years or more). The numbers that the poll shows are making me think that it might be a good idea to pick a DS up. Only because, so far, it seems barely anyone has a MISB version. Everybody is answering that they have 0 sets.

Don't let the poll fool you......there are plenty of MISBs stashed away in closets and storage rooms.

+1, I imagine there are plenty of people on here who have 5+. I don't have any because I chose to put my $$ elsewhere. If I had more funds/space I wouldn't hesitate to pick at least 2 up if they were on sale.

Do Lego Stores ever offer sales, or can they only be found at third party retailer's?

not likely but it has been on sale a few times at the LEGO stores. If you want one I would keep an eye on amazon for them to go down to around 340ish maybe a little lower. If if hits this price news will spread on this site. I know its a lot of money but I think you should have at least one in your inventory, just in case it is a gold mine.

I have 1 sealed, and 1 used. Even though I got the sealed one on sale, I have some buyers remorse since it could be a long time before that set can be moved, because I think there are a TON of sealed 10188's out there waiting for EOL. Great set to own and build. I highly recommend getting one if you're a builder and don't have one.