10188 - UCS: Death Star

duckyruiz

You may fire when ready.  

776 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed Death Stars do you own?

• 1 - 2
    • 3 - 4
    • 5 - 9
    • 10 - 15
    • 16 - 20
    • 21 - 25
    • 26 - 50+
  2. 2. Do you believe the set will make a great investment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. Will it ever retire?

• Sure, soon as I fire my Photon Torpedo.
    • Nope, I'll be dead before that happens.
    • Perhaps, when Hell freezes over.

Don't own one yet. Perhaps they can only discontinue this on a leap year which is why it's still here lol. New to investing so start up money limited and have been buying up 2507 sets (amongst other things) at equivalent of $68 before Smyths stores in UK sell out, which is soon.

Just from a pure LEGO fan's perspective, everyone should own one. One of the best LEGO sets ever produced IMO.

Those are my thoughts and I don't even own one yet, nor do I collect Star Wars! It doesn't help that they're so expensive in Canada. I want one to give my son in a few years it's just so friggin cool.

I have 23 but I am 64 yrs old I hope I am not dead before they are big bucks.

No offense but that one almost made me fall out of my chair! Ha ha!

Although with the way how it has kept on going, I wonder if it will get discontinued before even I'm dead!

Jeeze louis....

Just curious but who actually does and doesn't own a 10188 Death Star? I'm betting over 90% of us do.

From all the talk it would sound that way but in reality only 50% of us actually do it seems.

Being a minifigure collector, I'm a bit peeved that this set is keeping minifigure values down. Red Guards, Palpatines, Tarkins, Black Protocol Droids, and others, are all being held back from gaining significantly because of the continued availability of this dinosaur. :/

I hate This Rumor that I was told at the Lego store today, The guy working there said the 10188 Death Star will keep being made until the end of 2016.

that wouldn surprise me. I personally think that lego is never going to retire it just to screw with us.

I have 23 but I am 64 yrs old I hope I am not dead before they are big bucks.

I'm sorry emazers, but that is probably the highlight of this thread. If it's still around after I die, I either have died extremely young (hoping not to die in the next 60 years!), or the Live Star just is uber stubborn and won't die! You would think that a set with the word "death" in it would be dead already!

I'm sorry emazers, but that is probably the highlight of this thread. If it's still around after I die, I either have died extremely young (hoping not to die in the next 60 years!), or the Live Star just is uber stubborn and won't die! You would think that a set with the word "death" in it would be dead already!Hence the title: Death Star. We will all be dead before it dies.

I would wait and try to snag one at 10% or more off MSRP, preferably 20% off. If you can get them at a discount and hold them for an indefinite period of time until they're retired you'll likely see a very nice return on your investment. As for the debate on which will retire first, you'll almost certainly see the SSD discontinued long before the DS sees its final day on a retail shelf. There's just no impetus to retire the DS and until sales lag, another large and impressive Star Wars set is devised to take its place, or some unforseen market force intervenes, I would not expect to see it retired anytime in the near or even intermediate future.