10188 - UCS: Death Star

duckyruiz

You may fire when ready.  

776 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed Death Stars do you own?

• 1 - 2
    • 3 - 4
    • 5 - 9
    • 10 - 15
    • 16 - 20
    • 21 - 25
    • 26 - 50+
  2. 2. Do you believe the set will make a great investment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. Will it ever retire?

• Sure, soon as I fire my Photon Torpedo.
    • Nope, I'll be dead before that happens.
    • Perhaps, when Hell freezes over.

I am not sure if the set is still under production and at amazon price of 358$ its going fast now only 91 left..I want to get 2nd death star for investment..what are your thoughts is amazon going to restock it or it would go off just like tower bridge and fire brigade no longer available.. at lego.com we can still order 99 seems like they are still making these?

to me it looks like that SSD will go EOL sooner than DS..as i check its not available at amazon..target and walmart..its available at Toys R US for 399 1 per customer its available at Lego with 5 per customer...

any thoughts?

I agree that the SSD will go EOL much sooner than the Death Star. Also, I think that the SSD will appriciate more once EOL since the DS has been out for soo long.

Since many of us have Death Star's stocked up in our basement over the past 5 years, it is very likely that the DS will not appriciate more than ~$50 immediately after EOL.

The SSD is still a member of the UCS sets, and is a huge set to build.

Since many AFOLs will be wanting this set purely because it is an incredible display piece, I can see this set increasing dramatically over the 2 years after EOL.

Granted I haven't been doing this nearly as long as the rest of you but am i the only one staying away from the DS like it's the plague? I'm sure it will bite me in the ass.

I would make sure I have one, but if I had to buy 5 of either SSD or Death Star, I think the SSD is a better move. Also the new-ish B-Wing looks awesome, so I would get one of those too.