10188 - UCS: Death Star

duckyruiz

You may fire when ready.  

776 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed Death Stars do you own?

• 1 - 2
    • 3 - 4
    • 5 - 9
    • 10 - 15
    • 16 - 20
    • 21 - 25
    • 26 - 50+
  2. 2. Do you believe the set will make a great investment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. Will it ever retire?

• Sure, soon as I fire my Photon Torpedo.
    • Nope, I'll be dead before that happens.
    • Perhaps, when Hell freezes over.

tru's website is falsely advertising that it's still a go go go.

so i'm calling them on it.

that deal is over you will be lucky if you get BOGO today

well i told TRU that they were falsely advertising and that it wasn't fair.

so they have given me 1 bogo transaction to be used in the next 5 days.

woo hoo

OK, Veruca. I hope you stomped your foot on the ground and scrunched up your face when you told TRU it wasn't fair.

no need.

i just told them that it was illegal.

falsely advertising in different areas...

1. MAIN PAGE - "HUGE LEGO SALE"

2. BOGO 50%

also explained to them that the bogo ad page gives no indication of expiration date and that they were misleading customers into believing they would be receiving a 50% discount when in fact this never happens.

instead you get the "bait and switch" from being promised 50% discount of second item to "free shipping over 79.00"

i might have thrown in some other legal points.

a supervisor got online and apologized and price adjusted my purchase yesterday (i paid 54.99 for the ninjago fangpyre w/bogo) because i was worried about losing the bogo...then today TRU reduced the Fangpyre by 5.00 so they fixed that.

and then she gave me the bogo coupon as an apology.

personally i've never stomped my feet and scrunched my face to get anything.

i'll leave that to veruca

• 3 weeks later...

10188 comes with four boxes and an instruction book in the large box. The four boxes are labeled "1,2,3,4". I acquired this item unsealed in the outer box. Box 2 was partially unsealed. Others were all sealed. How many bags are there in box 2? Thanks.

thanks for the effort. however, the four boxes in the link labeled as circle, triangle, square....not 1,2,3,4. So I don't think I can compare. Maybe they are produced in different period of time with different packing. So can somebody else help me with this "version"? there are box 1,2,3,4. The boxes are labeled 1,2,3,4.. not by shapes.

I checked the bags inside box 2. There are six bags labeled 4. There are two bags not labeled. So total are 8 bags in box 2. Can someone help me with this? I know the only way to figure out is to assemble it. But I do not plan to break the sealed bags though.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21621 check that link out, it should help you.

That's a cool link! And sorry but I don't have a death star or know how many bags are in box #2 but it appears that 8 bags are short of any in the link Rich B posted. :( bummer dude!

Although LEGO doesn't tell us resellers normally when sets (exclusives) are going out I received the information that the 10188 is still in the colelction for 2013. The exclusive sets I can only order a few times a year and I could order the 10188 last time and they where also confirmed.

I don't think so either. The Death Star is a much more iconic set than Home One IMO. The only thing that will keep the Death Star from not increasing in value significantly would be because it has been available so long, which has allowed many more people to acquire it for investment purposes. I wouldn't invest in a bunch of these unless you can buy at a good discount though, just my 2 cents.

I don't think so either. The Death Star is a much more iconic set than Home One IMO. The only thing that will keep the Death Star from not increasing in value significantly would be because it has been available so long, which has allowed many more people to acquire it for investment purposes. I wouldn't invest in a bunch of these unless you can buy at a good discount though, just my 2 cents.

buying Death star is a waste imo... rather spend 400$ elsewhere.

buying Death star is a waste imo... rather spend 400$ elsewhere.

Yeah understandable, who knows how long it will be available for. However once it's gone many will wish they had one or a couple. It has been down in the lower $300s before on Amazon. I feel it's an okay buy at that price or lower.

No way the DS will fail. There is no other set like it & it is still around because people want it. It is also too big & expensive for many people to accumulate. I believe that many investors have been lulled into a sense that it may never go eol.

I agree with this. When it does EOL, people will be b*tching they didn't buy one. Count on it.