10188 - UCS: Death Star

duckyruiz

You may fire when ready.  

776 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed Death Stars do you own?

• 1 - 2
    • 3 - 4
    • 5 - 9
    • 10 - 15
    • 16 - 20
    • 21 - 25
    • 26 - 50+
  2. 2. Do you believe the set will make a great investment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  3. 3. Will it ever retire?

• Sure, soon as I fire my Photon Torpedo.
    • Nope, I'll be dead before that happens.
    • Perhaps, when Hell freezes over.

I do not have a single one and, due to it being out for so long, I'm not sure I would even care to have one in my collection at all personally. I guess I'm bored with it because of all the Live Star talk and the fact that it won't "make like a rock, and roll".

I wish I had zero. Seriously, had I purchased something other than the 5 10188s I bought back in fall of '11, I could have doubled my money by now. The Live Star is immortal.

Really, I wonder just when the heck it will retire? If ever?! Someone should take that new UCS X-Wing, fly down the Live Star's trench, and blow the damn thing up already!

Those with stashes probably don't want to let others know how many are stashed away. Nor do they enjoy bragging about the bad investment. However for anyone that has one sealed and does NOT have one opened you need to just open one, build it, and your investment will have been worth it. Best build in the Galaxy.

One is all you need to rule the galaxy. You rebel scum.

The Empire sucks farts! You couldn't get it done with two!

I don't have one, but someday I will build it. Waiting for a sale now. If one of you guys could break even at 350 plus shipping, pm me. Mods, sorry if that's not allowed.

I have 23 Death Stars, I paid between $280-340 for all of them, and sure it sucks they are still selling them, I don't see it as a lost because sooner or later they will retire, and you guys that think it will take 5 years or more before they will be worth anything when they do retire I strongly disagree, they are selling like crazy now at $400 so why would they stop selling at $500-600 and higher, and the way you guys talk mostly every investor has sold there Death Stars and I am sure alot of them have. Don't forget there are billions of people in the world, and the cycle for people always keeps turning, 2 year old kids get older Etc. Plus most star war Collectors are always complaing to Hasbro to remake the Old Death star which Hasbro looks like will never do, so they are buying the Lego one. And don't forget the Panic Buying for the Jabba's Palace 6 weeks ago, well just think what it will be when Death Star Retiring soon will be like. Alot of you guys who don't get any of these will be asking should I pay $500 or so for one shortly after the retired sign goes up. So the next time somebody has a sale and if you have the money I would get a couple.

Amazon had them for $309-349 a few times along with Walmart and Target once in a while. When TRU had that Buy One get one free last October or so they caved in on the Death Star and SSDS, The Imperial Shuttle and the Potter 10217, thats when UPS came 2 days and each day they had about 24 boxes each day. I used 3 accounts and just kept buying, but on the Death Star and SSDS you had to call to get the sale, as it only showed 1 per person.

wow...no love for the Death Star Here........

i however do think that this set will jump in value. the reason being that it has 25 minifigs in it. some of which are exclusive to that set only. Obviously it will never get to the point of value as the 10179, but i do see possibly $600-700 once it has been discontinued for about 2 years.