10241 - Maersk Line Triple-E

comicblast

I don't see it outperforming GE. The GE has a much bigger audience to tap into and the EEE is far more likely to be remade or eclipsed by a new Maersk set.

You are probably right, but stranger things have happened. My point was that selling EEE at near loss right now is silly.

It may do fine do fine a year or so post-EOL.  Beyond that, well, this is the third Maersk container ship already, so odds are high of a replacement.  It's actually not that odd for a Maersk ship to be carrying all or almost all Maersk containers.  But the stickers...  I watched the Brick Show review of this set, and while they gave it 9.5/10 (from what I've seen, 8.5 is the lowest review Brick Show ever gives a set), it was the first review of theirs I've watched that actually made me want the set less than before I had seen it.  My eye immediately found the one container where the Brick Show guy had screwed up and placed the sticker crooked, and I couldn't help but think that by itself would hit the display value pretty hard (one thing you don't see on real Maersk ships is containers with crooked company logos).  I watched the designer video too, and felt similarly underwhelmed.  Even the engine you see through the clear windows at the back is just a pile of bricks with no moving parts like on a larger Technic set (the old Silver Champion comes to mind).  At $150, Lego could and should have done much better.

• 2 weeks later...

It`s a little bit concerning to me at least that it`s still available, 2 days into x2 VIP. Even with the Retiring Soon tag. That said a few other sets which I had expected to go OOS are not, not yet at least, perhaps later today or this week. Back to Triple E, I thought about getting another 2, but thinking I`ll pass in favour of a couple of other larger sets. I ordered a couple of exclusives on Friday night, but think I`ll try and get a couple more instead of Triple E. Just my thoughts haha. 

I'm lukewarm on this set at this time.  For the same money, you can pickup a PS, and for slightly more, ToO, MkII, or even R5.  Though I personally love the EEE, if I'm being objective, I think those other sets are going to do better post EOL than the ship, and all should be EOL by end of the year.

It`s a little bit concerning to me at least that it`s still available, 2 days into x2 VIP. Even with the Retiring Soon tag. That said a few other sets which I had expected to go OOS are not, not yet at least, perhaps later today or this week. Back to Triple E, I thought about getting another 2, but thinking I`ll pass in favour of a couple of other larger sets. I ordered a couple of exclusives on Friday night, but think I`ll try and get a couple more instead of Triple E. Just my thoughts haha. 

EEE is sold out in Europe now for weeks. Just have a look at the ebay listings in Germany and see what can be expected after EOL in your country...

http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40%7CR40&_sacat=0&_nkw=lego+10241&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

• Like 1

EEE is sold out in Europe now for weeks. Just have a look at the ebay listings in Germany and see what can be expected after EOL in your country...

http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40%7CR40&_sacat=0&_nkw=lego+10241&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

True, but the market is very different than North America. It makes complete sense why there would be more demand for this over in Europe, but it doesn`t appear to be the case here, not as much at least. It`ll cost quite a bit to ship over to Europe because, well, it`s a large set, and that`s not going to appeal to buyers. No, the Market over here it better suited to other sets I`m thinking. Good point though, but I don`t think it`s going to be applicable to what we see over here. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...