10241 - Maersk Line Triple-E

comicblast

• 1 month later...

About time... nice....great set and not one that will be repeated. Each time there has been a Maersk ship, it has been a different class.

I should have bought 100 of them. Oh well, I have done my best ;-)

Yeah, a hundred would've been interesting to accomplish. I swear the Lego store was onto me 'cause of this one. Needless to say, they never made it to markdown near me...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

Yeah, a hundred would've been interesting to accomplish. I swear the Lego store was onto me 'cause of this one. Needless to say, they never made it to markdown near me...

I had to be much more inventive as I have no LEGO physical shop nearby. I also flipped one to some bloke in Australia early on that was rash in hindsight :-)

I love this set! My husband is from Somalia so we totally built this with a small boat behind it. I am waiting for all his friends to buy my extra ones from us just because the Captain Phillips movie. 

In reality that whole situation is so depressing, one has to have some humor.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

jeez man, you are making me want to crack open the seals on mine to build.   can i pay you to put the stickers on correctly (aka centered) :)

haha! I'm actually very proud of how most of the stickers turned out. I also replaced some containers with different colored ones to make it look a little more realistic (not really sure if it worked lol). Probably the only set that has been displayed 100% of the time I have had it.

27 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

jeez man, you are making me want to crack open the seals on mine to build.   can i pay you to put the stickers on correctly (aka centered) :)

Better to just leave original stickers unused, then buy custom stickers online to give it a more interesting, real life look. Plenty of choices on ebay.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 3:34 PM, Darth_Raichu said:

Curse you 75159 !!!! :mad:

My heart skips a bit every time a thread for a retired exclusive is resurrected

I really wouldn't mind a "bigger, better" EEE.  I want twice the piece count, fully modular printed containers with a variety of corporate logos, and of course updated minifigs.

1 hour ago, GhostDad said:

I really wouldn't mind a "bigger, better" EEE.  I want twice the piece count, fully modular printed containers with a variety of corporate logos, and of course updated minifigs.

Not gonna happen :lolu:  Since Maersk = stickers, a bigger EEE is just going to give you more stickers :D

• 5 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy
5 hours ago, ChristopherJB said:

Feels like this set is dead in the waters. Price appreciation has been abysmal. Shouldve got more SSDs and HHs during the same period instead of this junk.

That's why I'm glad that I offloaded mine at cost a while back. Shame as it's a superb set let down by too many damn stickers which I think have put buyers off.