10241 - Maersk Line Triple-E

comicblast

The Maersk Triple E is retired in our neck of the woods. Aftermarket prices have jumped 60% already. People won't lose with it, and shorter production runs are always a great thing for investors. 

​I recently sold one to someone in Australia (I work in the USA). I was thinking that it must be getting scarce if someone is willing to ship the ship all the way across...

Edited by steliosk
Correcting typos

This is one set that should always be shipped surface mail...

​I thought I'd float it out there that as I have shipped it to Australia it may be some indication of deepening interest in it but maybe that doesn't hold water. Whatever floats the prospective buyer's boat, Maersk-by I should have said.

P.s. don't pun-ish me for that one.

• Like 1

The Maersk Triple E is retired in our neck of the woods. Aftermarket prices have jumped 60% already. People won't lose with it, and shorter production runs are always a great thing for investors. 

​It's doing quite nicely in Europe. I sold one for €240 shipped to Denmark of all places, last week.

That's a better return than R2 in EU at the moment, and it was available at LEGO Shop at Home for longer.

• 2 months later...

I'm not surprised. I think part of the appeal of this set is the fact that it is definitely not one of the Top Sellers, or an extremely demanded set. As a result, less people hoard it thinking it won't do as well as some of the others. 

Just wondering where the ceiling might be.

This had to be the slowest sell out of an exclusive that got hit with the "retiring soon" tag.  If this was gone 6 months ago I would have more faith in it but it just doesn't seem to be in demand over here in the states.  Maybe I'm wrong but I only bought a couple of these to hold since the prospects didn't look very good.

• Like 1

This had to be the slowest sell out of an exclusive that got hit with the "retiring soon" tag.  If this was gone 6 months ago I would have more faith in it but it just doesn't seem to be in demand over here in the states.  Maybe I'm wrong but I only bought a couple of these to hold since the prospects didn't look very good.

Agreed. I only have two and I wish I didn't have them.

Regardless, it looks cool, I wanted one, so I have a couple.  It will do ok, completists will want it, but don't expect an easy double.  I actually think reviews and the literal sticker shock may have hurt this one.

• Like 4