10241 - Maersk Line Triple-E

comicblast

23 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

That's why I'm glad that I offloaded mine at cost a while back. Shame as it's a superb set let down by too many damn stickers which I think have put buyers off.

Why at cost? They've been moving at £200+ all year.  I sold mine back in April for £215.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ChristopherJB said:

Feels like this set is dead in the waters. Price appreciation has been abysmal. Shouldve got more SSDs and HHs during the same period instead of this junk.

I have been selling mine for decent profit, although its been slow.  Only abysmal sets for me has been the 10237.  If I hadn't gotten the 10937 at such a huge discount, it would be as well.

8 hours ago, ChristopherJB said:

Feels like this set is dead in the waters. Price appreciation has been abysmal. Shouldve got more SSDs and HHs during the same period instead of this junk.

I have actually been quite happy with EEE. Gone 1 year and already doubled my buy in after all fees on AMZN. I was expecting far worse after TLG slapped the retiring soon label on it in 2015 but Maersk has never failed to deliver me 100% returns.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
16 minutes ago, asharerin said:

I have actually been quite happy with EEE. Gone 1 year and already doubled my buy in after all fees on AMZN. I was expecting far worse after TLG slapped the retiring soon label on it in 2015 but Maersk has never failed to deliver me 100% returns.

Well done... Personally the "Retiring Soon" label doesn't bother me at all as LEGO's priority is to make sure that Little Johnny gets his present, not to scare off the post EOL fleecers.

9 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Well done... Personally the "Retiring Soon" label doesn't bother me at all as LEGO's priority is to make sure that Little Johnny gets his present, not to scare off the post EOL fleecers.

Disagree. That tag is click bait to get sales moving in the right direction as they are missing their targets. They didn´t warn about IR, which was on Timmy´s wish list - why should he care about SOH or PS?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lego rules said:

I have been selling mine for decent profit, although its been slow.  Only abysmal sets for me has been the 10237.  If I hadn't gotten the 10937 at such a huge discount, it would be as well.

Yup. 10237 has been a black hole. I am still holding onto 3 of those duds. Might as well burn it. "Decent profits" on the Triple E isn't as decent as the SSD though.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Ma-gic said:

I posted a question on the condition off a used 10241 in the Deal or No Deal thread. Would love to hear thoughts whether it's a bricklinked version as the photos shown it's different from stock photos. Link is below.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/9314-deal-or-no-deal-open-discussion/?page=83

Wish I could help you. But I am not an expert in these things.

It seems it is sold already anyway.