10241 - Maersk Line Triple-E

comicblast

I think the Horde will be 'missing the boat' on this one!

Lowest on ebay at the moment is 200USD. The horde has missed this. I don't think it was that easy to stock up +10 of these sets. Punch in multiple orders of 2 on SAH and the ban hammer will be dropped. Most of the hoarders had to either get them in store, maybe target online, or ordering 2 each time there was double VIP to be able to get their inventory up. I built one of these and it displays beautifully. This should give some hefty returns in the long run.

• Like 1

I think alot of people were put off by the amount of stickers and this was harder to stock up in quantity. I like the set and was impressed with the part out value. Stocked up on EEE and left VW for the horde. I expect it to do well and if it turns out to be the last Maersk set it could do extremely well.

• Like 1

I think alot of people were put off by the amount of stickers and this was harder to stock up in quantity. I like the set and was impressed with the part out value. Stocked up on EEE and left VW for the horde. I expect it to do well and if it turns out to be the last Maersk set it could do extremely well.

Completely agree with this. I have always been very positive about this set, so it's interesting to see how well it will do over the coming months.

on the other hand, the stickers allow you the flexibility of putting other companies' logos on the containers. There are quite a few online sellers capitalising on this market.

1.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I only have 3. The retiring soon tag that was on it for like 6 months scared me away. I should have just stuck with one of my rules: "It's an exclusive stupid, buy it".

I only have 3. The retiring soon tag that was on it for like 6 months scared me away. I should have just stuck with one of my rules: "It's an exclusive stupid, buy it".

I only got 3 as well. This set was always on my radar but basically lack of funds worked against me to get more when choosing against other sets. Creator exclusives always take a back seat to other higher profile exclusives it seems!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Battrax said:

Yes, I do... I need to work out a way to get 1-2 more at a discount, even if over MSRP. I think it will be worth it but that is just this bloody noob's opinion, innit?

Well... in Europe it seems unhoarded. It was also not so easy to obtain here. Only SaH and the Legostore were the place to go for this one. If I would be able to get these slightly over MRSP now  I would not hesitate. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

Well... in Europe it seems unhoarded. It was also not so easy to obtain here. Only SaH and the Legostore were the place to go for this one. If I would be able to get these slightly over MRSP now  I would not hesitate. 

I don't think they were available anywhere except for the official Lego channels in North America, either - correct me if I am wrong. Well, never seemed to be much enthusiasm for this one in the Americas compared to Australia and Europe from what I can tell. Bit surprising, looks like an impressive set.