10241 - Maersk Line Triple-E

comicblast

My boxes all arrived perfectly.

Any of you who owns this, look at the box closely. This is a thing of beauty, at least to me. Shippers and traders would love this.

I know a guy in china who built this and put a small China flag on the boat and have the boat right at the entrance of his warehouse. It looks fabulous.

Got two in from LEGO Shop at Home, date codes: 33R4 + 24R4.

Both arrived separately with the Toy Workshop ontop/below it so the Workshop was half pancaked and the Maersk was pretty badly dented. The small air pillows weren't thicker than the Workshop unfortunately. Any point in trying to call LEGO Shop at Home about this?

I'm on the fence with this one.  Aside from being a recent release, it's not a train (like the last big Maersk set).  Motorized trains do good.  Branded motorized trains do really good.  Large, minifigure-scale boats also do good.  But large, non-minifigure scale boats?  I'm not sure there's any precedent except for the USS Constitution, and last time I checked, it had not done especially good.  I also think Lego really screwed up with the stickers.  Torturing fans with a thousand identical sticker applications is just not cool.  Shell out the $$$ and print the darn pieces.  Seriously.

• Like 1

Does anyone have they contact info for the guy in France that printed the Ghostbusters arms?

Perhaps we can organize a group buy of printed Maersk containers.

I'd be all in on that one.  I want all the stickers that the ebay seller has, but don't want to spend $50 extra to have some different colored containers on my ship.

Got two in from LEGO Shop at Home, date codes: 33R4 + 24R4.

Both arrived separately with the Toy Workshop ontop/below it so the Workshop was half pancaked and the Maersk was pretty badly dented. The small air pillows weren't thicker than the Workshop unfortunately. Any point in trying to call LEGO Shop at Home about this?

i got 1 of 2 yesterday. workshop slightly flattened and luckily EEE only has a slight rectangle imprinted on the back of the set. i suppose rising fedex prices forced lego about a year ago to package their sets in smaller/fitted boxes (to limit dimm weight) at the expense of the customer. Still not nearly as bad as TRU/walmart/target/amazon shipping practices where you are almost guaranteed an unrecognizable multicolored pile at your doorstep with plastic bread crumbs leading to where the delivery truck was parked from which it was punted.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

When there's a good promo, I normally order items that have delayed shipment so that promo arrives first and the actual set(s) after.

When there's a good promo, I normally order items that have delayed shipment so that promo arrives first and the actual set(s) after.

My EEE also has an imprinted rectangle on the back of the box. The Christmas set was pancaked. I am glad I was able to order pet shop and TH back ordered so hopefully promo gets sent first.

those Xmas promo sets are meant to opened up and built and displayed ... i doubt box condition really matters at all as most sets will be opened ...

minor box cosmetic damage on 3E is nothing to worry about ... all big boxed and heavy Lego sets will have some kind of cosmetic damage from dents, dings, creases and sliding seals ... all minor

• Like 1

I do sometimes but if they are damaged in any way they go back.

I have requested replacements with LEGO Shop @ Home on a couple occasions when the boxes (not promos) have been very badly damaged.  Many times there are some creases and indentations that I don't worry about mainly because I don't want to raise any red flags on my account if I am requesting too many exchanges.  Have you had to due this quite a bit with Shop @ Home?

They all know me and what I do. I have only had one issue and that was when some new guy said he wasn't gonna sell me 10 rovers and I said no problem may I speak with the manager. The manager came out from the back and said to the employee, there is no issues ring Stephen up....and gave me a few free promos for the inconvenience lol

They all know me and what I do. I have only had one issue and that was when some new guy said he want gonna sell me 10 rovers and I said no problem may I speak with the manager. The manager came out from the back and said to the employee. There is no issues ring Stephen up....and gave me a few free promos for the inconvenience lol

That's a tight friendship you have there bro