10241 - Maersk Line Triple-E

comicblast

I would start about march with buying. If you check availabilty dates you will see that the maersk sets had a short life span, but all lasted about a year and 3-6 month.

There could be a slight problem buying this in March, might not land this with double VIP and promo like the toy workshop. You can easily drop this purchase to about $130 without using VIP points if you do it right by selling the workshop at its peak at $25-30. You also risk seeing this go OOS. Anyone who's a lego investors should have a pair of these this month.

We all saw how fast the TH inventory got wiped out in a day. The triple E will have a mass panic buy happening here soon. People will create multiple accounts and use their gf's VIP to add more.

• Like 3

I've got a huge problem with this set and I'd like some advice/opinions (pretty please).

I've seen how a lot of you think that this set is great and totally will be a winner and I've checked on the old Maersk sets and they've performed nicely...

But I really don't like it. I think it is boring and not very appealing. I don't even can grasp why people would want to actually buy it...

So the investor in me is saying: Well the old ones performed well, everybody's saying this one will be a winner... you should probably at least get 2...

The LEGO-Fan in me is saying: meeeh... lame...

I think from time to time you should separate those two, since not every set that might be worth an investment can be appealing to me... but I miss that feeling I have when I buy modulars or SW UCS... when I see the VW Bus displayed in the LEGO store or other cool sets... it's just not there.

Does anybody know this conflict? Probably I really just should buy 2 of them and be done with it...

I've got a huge problem with this set and I'd like some advice/opinions (pretty please).

I've seen how a lot of you think that this set is great and totally will be a winner and I've checked on the old Maersk sets and they've performed nicely...

But I really don't like it. I think it is boring and not very appealing. I don't even can grasp why people would want to actually buy it...

So the investor in me is saying: Well the old ones performed well, everybody's saying this one will be a winner... you should probably at least get 2...

I think from time to time you should separate those two, since not every set that might be worth an investment can be appealing to me... but I miss that feeling I have when I buy modulars or SW UCS... when I see the VW Bus displayed in the LEGO store or other cool sets... it's just not there.

Does anybody know this conflict? Probably I really just should buy 2 of them and be done with it...

Buy something else if you feel that strongly about this set, plenty of other investment worthy sets out there.
  • Like 4

You know that saying... You don't mix business with pleasure. I think most things that I buy to resell are dumb. I'm also not a lego builder. I've built one set in my entire lifetime. I don't let my personal opinions come between me and buying what others like and what will make me Money.
  • Like 1

First time ordering from S@H with the holiday set promo. Got my 6 Maersk and all of them got pancaked by the holiday set promo. Why they did not use a bigger shipping box. Will never do it again. I guess everybody has the same problem right?

Mine arrived in nice condition.

I don't like it either. It will only make me happier when I am selling it in the future. I also won't have to feel the sadness of sending away one of the sets I like.

Win-win  :frantics:  :frantics:  :frantics:

First time ordering from LEGO Shop at Home with the holiday set promo. Got my 6 Maersk and all of them got pancaked by the holiday set promo. Why they did not use a bigger shipping box. Will never do it again. I guess everybody has the same problem right?

My promo was crushed.. the ship was fine though....

Usually the other sets are a little slimmer (camper, sopwith camel...) and the promos are in polybags. So they usually ship well in the boxes they use. 

Edited by legokent

First time ordering from LEGO Shop at Home with the holiday set promo. Got my 6 Maersk and all of them got pancaked by the holiday set promo. Why they did not use a bigger shipping box. Will never do it again. I guess everybody has the same problem right?

Both sets arrived mint. They used a layer of air pillows between the ship and the promo.

How did you get 6 and how were they shipped?

Both sets arrived mint. They used a layer of air pillows between the ship and the promo.

How did you get 6 and how were they shipped?

Did you get both in one box?

I made 6 different orders so I have 6 boxes. The height of the promo and ship combined exceeds the shipping box height. Thats why both the promo and ship got crushed. I don't recommend ordering just 1 set as both the promo and ship are forced to fit and you won't get a mint ship

I don't want to discourage anyone or be flamed, but I have learned to not just look at the price of old sets, but also the monthly volume sold.  I decided to pass on these b/c the monthly sales volume seems low on the older ones.  This is the reason I also don't invest in technic anymore.  When it comes time to sell they just move too slow. Oh and btw can I interest anyone in my 9396s, 8110s, or 41999s?  :)  Perhaps I'll write a contrarian blog about this one, TB, and well I already did Friends.

• Like 3