10241 - Maersk Line Triple-E

comicblast

Try driving to Lego stores in your region, use cash and decline to use VIP.

If you don't care about VIP points, then just buy Lego (or visa/amex) gift cards and checkout as guest.

Mods feel free to remove if that's against code of conduct (i think it is not illegal, and not fraudulent - i.e. how different is that comparing to buying in stores with cash)

I haven't seen these in stores before. Has anyone else?

Good point a lot don't have them but a friend let me know the other night one had several.  Call all the ones around you and see.  If your in California you have 5 or more I think, if your me I am smack in the middle of Indianapolis, Cincinnati and Nashville so it makes for long drives.

If you don't care about VIP points, then just buy Lego (or visa/amex) gift cards and checkout as guest.

Mods feel free to remove if that's against code of conduct (i think it is not illegal, and not fraudulent - i.e. how different is that comparing to buying in stores with cash)

Wouldn't you still need separate shipping addresses too? I would assume they can tie orders together using that as well, not just VIP accounts.

Wouldn't you still need separate shipping addresses too? I would assume they can tie orders together using that as well, not just VIP accounts.

I suspect they go the easy way and just monitor things based on accounts. I would still spread the purchases over a few days. Or, as I said earlier, wait for one order to ship before submitting new one

I am not saying it is ban-proof - but it probably minimizes the risk, when you don't really have other options

Edited by No More Monkeys

Thanks for the ideas all. The stores near me don't seem to have the set anymore. I wish they did cause I would just bring a wad of cash and buy them all LOL. I'm tempted by the preloaded CC route, but the address would still be the same.

I'm not worried about the VIP points. They would be nice, but I would rather have a bunch of these than 5% back in points

What is true about the rumours that this set will only be alive for 1 year? The train was before my time... how long was it available for?

I would be very disappointed if this one retires in January. I only have one. I will order at least one in October with double VIP.

There is a good chance this will retire by the end of the year or soon after

10155: this was the most recent maesrk container ship. According to brickset it was only available from January 2011 - July 2011.

10219: this was the maersk train. brickset says it was available Apr 2011 - 17 Nov 2012

So the last ship was around for 0.5 years and the train 1.5 years. It makes sense for the train to be around longer since the train heads would view it as another train they need. But the ships I think won't last as long as the trains. Market is a lot smaller since the main type of Lego ships is pirate ships, which 10241 isn't even close though. I suppose if someone wanted to recreate somalia then they would need the maesrk ship for their pirate ships to attack, but the scenario is more funny than likely I thinks

• Like 1

Thanks guys.

Even if this is no proof. I will hoard this set. Cause in case it will have only a short life and it has not been sold by retailers, this set will become a definite winner. And I want to have a seat on the front row when that happens.

Edited by Ciglione

So, if we took all the EOL rumors and looked at them all at once, Lego is retiring their entire product line at the end of this year? Is that about right?

Since they come up with 1 exclusive each month on average they probably need to retire some stuff to achieve a sustainable steady state in production and marketing. After all not many exclusives retired this year, I remember only FB, WV Cottage and SSD, the latter still available in Europe. The others are unconfirmed.

Meanwhile we had the 3xE, PR, Sandcrawler, Mixer, Sea Cow, Tumbler, Mini, Slave-I, Simpsons, WV workshop come out this year. 10 sets. LEGO has to maintain balance somehow, the number of available exclusives shouldn't go to infinity.

• Like 2

I am just asking for how long the Maersk Train was around. One, two, three years? Does anyone know?

IIRC, the train was around for a normal sales cycle (maybe 18 months).  However, the last Maersk ship was out for a substantially shorter period of time (maybe less than a year). 

I had not seen this set in a lego store since it first came out either until yesterday.  Found a store with 3 on the shelf.  I bought 2 of them.  Has anyone else seen these in the wild anywhere lately?  The seal codes are 01R4 and 09R4 so I"m assuming these have been sitting on the shelves there for quite awhile.  Definitely think this set is a winner as it isn't an easy one to stockpile.