10241 - Maersk Line Triple-E

comicblast

Guest TabbyBoy

I don't know if it's been suggested. What about the complementing Somali pirate set

LOL.... and a UCS model of SS Nimitz to blow the pirates to bits?

• 2 weeks later...

I see a lot of complaints online about the stickers...too many of them, too tedious.  I'll be avoiding this one like the plague.

The lone reason I'm not buying one even to build. However, I do think people will forget about the stickers once it is retired so the set is prob a good investment especially if it isn't around for more than 3 years.

Stickers didn't bother me at all....it was not fun, but it wasn't a big deal either. The ship looks amazing

boo for not agreeing me with.  ha. just kidding.  i'm just not a fan of that many stickers unless i'm in a dust free environment with tweezers and bright lights

how many of those container stickers are there?

i agree it looks great and should do well despite being a 3rd refresh of a set.

I built mine.  It really is impressive and looks great dispalyed.  I did not put all the stickers on though.  It builds fast and easy.  Looks fantastic and the containers are actually not that bad to put together.   Out of all the "adult" builds I have done this is right up there.  Honestly it displays as well as any set I have up.  I love it

Forgive my ignorance, but is this set (and company name) more recognizable outside of the U.S.?

Do you feel that Maersk to the world is what John Deere is to the U.S.?

How would it fair in the U.S. secondary market after EOL?

Are U.S. AFOLs pumped about this set?

Or will investors be selling more on the international market?

Forgive my ignorance, but is this set (and company name) more recognizable outside of the U.S.?

Do you feel that Maersk to the world is what John Deere is to the U.S.?

How would it fair in the U.S. secondary market after EOL?

Are U.S. AFOLs pumped about this set?

Or will investors be selling more on the international market?

Maersk IIRC is a danish company with a long track record regarding transportation. Only problem is that unlike John Deere, you won't be seeing a lot of their products building a road or in a construction - unless, there are Maersk containers.

Maersk IIRC is a danish company with a long track record regarding transportation. Only problem is that unlike John Deere, you won't be seeing a lot of their products building a road or in a construction - unless, there are Maersk containers.

Over here I see a truck loaded with a Maersk container a couple of times a week. And that's not on the highway but on secondary roads. So I guess it's a pretty recognizable brand.

The company is one of the biggest shippers in the world.  They are known for their bright baby blue ships and conatiners.  I belive the movie capt. Phillips was based off of one of their ships.  They are a huge player in intermodal shipping and freight.  I know in the model train world they are always sought after both the trains and the containers.  If you live near any port city in the US you will see many of their intermodal containers as well as ships.  

• 1 month later...