10241 - Maersk Line Triple-E

comicblast

• 2 weeks later...

Maersk isnt that well known with the normal public because they never use them of course. My wife used them to for shipping containers between China and EU for her company.

The container colours are like this because its the Maersk colour. Other containers colours represent other companies so thats why they only have this colour. Of course in real life they ship containers with many different colours. 

Guest TabbyBoy

If anybody has travelled on a large ferry across a busy harbour, they must be blind if they haven't seen the Maersk name yet. ;-)  On UK roads, even the occasional container lorry appears to be carrying a Maersk container.  i can't honestly think of a bigger name in shipping and can't imagine the cost of this licence.

If anybody has travelled on a large ferry across a busy harbour, they must be blind if they haven't seen the Maersk name yet. ;-)  On UK roads, even the occasional container lorry appears to be carrying a Maersk container.  i can't honestly think of a bigger name in shipping and can't imagine the cost of this licence.

LEGO and Maersk are more like partners. I don't think LEGO is paying huge license fees, only a really nominal one (if he does at all). These are niche products and I think they are a sort of marketing for Maersk rather than trying to capitalise on its brand name. 

I am wondering for how long this set will be available at Lego. For how long was the Maersk Train available?

Maybe I will have to order at least one soon.

Train was available for around 20 months, so I'ld expect much of the same. Maybe less if sales are poor, as trains just simply sell really, really good in comparison to anything else, the anything else being a shipping boat in this senario. However, this is targeted to one main demographic, Maersk fans, who just have to get every one, so sales won't falter that much, if any.

Do I expect a more than a double price increase once EOL? Possibly, depends on how early it is discontined, and how many Maersk fans got the set.

Is it just me or is this set always on back order? I ordered two late last night before the end of 2X VIP points and the expected shipping date is in July.

It shows how everyone wants/stashes this ship.

Also, will you get credited for 2x points? Even when the charge and ship will take place later down the road?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

• 1 month later...

Forgive my ignorance, but is this set (and company name) more recognizable outside of the U.S.?

Do you feel that Maersk to the world is what John Deere is to the U.S.?

Maersk is one of the biggest companies in the world and its recognized around the globe and definitely the biggest one in the freight business! There is not a train station/depot around the world where there isn't a Maersk container..

Quote from Wikipedia: A.P. Moller

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know of a source for these at MSRP other than Lego.com? Our closest LEGO store doesn't have them in stock, I'll be calling two more on Saturday since I'll be in their area on Sunday.

I don't think that any retailer carries this set other than LEGO Shop at Home and Lego stores. I really though that this set would be in all the other retailers by now. It's been eight months and the only place that sells it is Lego. If this set is truly a LEGO Shop at Home exclusive, it will be a winner in the future.

• Like 1

Does anyone know of a source for these at MSRP other than Lego.com? Our closest LEGO store doesn't have them in stock, I'll be calling two more on Saturday since I'll be in their area on Sunday.

Thanks!

A Lego employee informed me that it is only online now and only returns will be in store (may be some exceptions of course like legoland). I have been at 5 stores in 2 weeks and haven't seen any.

Ex Astris, Scientia.

A Lego employee informed me that it is only online now and only returns will be in store (may be some exceptions of course like legoland). I have been at 5 stores in 2 weeks and haven't seen any.

Why the set be sold online only now. It has only been eight months since the set has come out. The only time I have seen the transition of a set from being sold in-store to online is when a set is near EOL.

I don't recall seeing any of these when I visited my local store. I will have to ask about it next time I go.